Can Gilmer break the points record?

poisoned10

We all know that GJ Kinne is in the hunt for the all-time passing leader for the state of Texas. But another record that Gilmer could break is the all-time points per game record. Everman currently holds the record at just over 47 or 48 points per game. Through 4 games, Gilmer has scored 56, 45, 62 and 64 for an average of 56.75 points per game. Except for against Atlanta, I don't see them scoring less than 50 for the remainder of the regular season. If that's the case, can they be held low enough in the playoffs to drop them below the 48 points per game mark? We very well could be seeing the best offense in not only 3A history, but Texas history.

Texas High could have put up more... and they run a different style of offense than Gilmer.

I think this game will take on more of the tone of the Daingerfield game. A shootout..

Poison may be on to something here... this is the kind of thing we like to talk about on here, I hope they do it ! And I think they have a legit shot.. Who knows about the playoffs. But someone set the record, why shouldn't we pull for Gilmer to break it.

Give em #*&%^ Buckeyes...

hey nutz, where did you find out the scoring numbers? maybe i see something different, but according to the stats smoaky has up, wouldn't big sandy be the current record holder? thru their regular season, their average was like 63 per game; you add the playoffs, and it drops 58 per game?

Originally posted by blackflag_74

hey nutz, where did you find out the scoring numbers? maybe i see something different, but according to the stats smoaky has up, wouldn't big sandy be the current record holder? thru their regular season, their average was like 63 per game; you add the playoffs, and it drops 58 per game?

this may be a 3A state record?

I'm pretty sure it is the 3AAA record but not sure either. Anyway, the question was CAN they do it? I say of coarse they can. But the real question will be will they do it? I'm not sure about that one. I don't know if the coaches will let them kill the district by more than 50 a game. But I also am not sure that even if they coaches try not to, they won't still kill teams. The 2nd and 3rd teams are good enough to beat most teams. I think they can win in the playoffs and big, they have in the past. But will they win by enough? I am not sure but I sure hope to see them do it.

My gut feeling is YES, they can and they will beat the record.