The Official Congratulations to LH Thread

Snowbird

I understand the importance in building a good, winning program. I'm excited about Liberty Eylau's future as well. Our JV, Freshmen, and 8th graders all won district this year. Not real sure, but I think they were all undefeated in District. Not to mention the 4A schools they played and beat in the pre-season. Don't want to toot our horn too loud, some of the 4A's got the better of us. But, it is a great thing to include the underclassmen in your success. Gives them a taste of the results of hard work and dedication. congrats to all STATE CHAMPIONS!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think that Gilmer posters would not have come on here and said, "I told you so" had the win gone the other way.

i'm sure several of them would have said that but what many of them would have said on Smoaky and out in the community is that they should have won by more than they did. so i'll say this LH could have won by more.

Congratulations to LH on a great season and back to back State Championships. You earned it.

Congrats to Gilmer football players on a fine season.

To the Gimler fans:

1. Those that called us Gilmer haters for predicting an LH victory can see why we did. No hate, just the knowledge that Gilmer had not seen a team like LH.

2. To those that called predictions of LH 42-14 ridiculous because no one could possibly hold Gimler to 14 you were right. Gilmer was held to 13 and LH kept the score at 38 by showing class and kneeling at the Gilmer 3 inside of 2 minutes.

3. To those that talked about Gilmer's dominate O-Line. The best O-LIne at Floyd Casey tonight was LH. So was the best defense. Gilmer rushed for 6 yards. SIX YARDS.

4. To those that said it was easy to find the ball on film. It wasn't so easy to find it at the game was it?

5. To those who question just how much LH dominated this game; Here are the stats:

1st Downs (18-7)

Rushing Yards (354-6)

Passing Yards (0-116)

Total Yards (354-122)

Wow. Looks like some people from Liberty Hill forgot about CLASS. In fact, they look like they lost the CL from CLASS.

Win with class or lose with class.

Karma. This season is over and done with. But karma has a great memory.

Congrats to the Liberty Hill boys for winning. Too bad some of their fans have to be sorry winners.

Wow. Looks like some people from Liberty Hill forgot about CLASS. In fact, they look like they lost the CL from CLASS.

Congrats to the Liberty Hill boys for winning. Too bad some of their fans have to be sorry winners.

I am not from LH. I live in the heart of East Texas, not far from Gilmer. I just posted the facts about the game. Many Gilmer fans, not all, dominated these threads for an entire week with BOLD predictions about their athletes, team, coaches and gave little respect for LH. Those same fans agreed to come on here, win or lose, to congratulate LH and eat some crow. They are nowhere to be found now with the exception of a few like longarm and luckynut. Gilmer needs more fans like those two guys.

what makes you so sure he's from LH?

Congratulations to LH players and coaches. You are true champions.

Thanks to all the REAL LH fans out there for all the classy posts before and after the game.

To all the " I told you so's" and wannabe experts out there, no one knew how this game would play out with two great programs going head to head for the first time, so stop trying to take the credit away from those that really deserve it.

The coaches and players from both teams should get all the praise for their accomplishments.

I am not from LH. I live in the heart of East Texas, not far from Gilmer. I just posted the facts about the game. Many Gilmer fans, not all, dominated these threads for an entire week with BOLD predictions about their athletes, team, coaches and gave little respect for LH. Those same fans agreed to come on here, win or lose, to congratulate LH and eat some crow. They are nowhere to be found now with the exception of a few like longarm and luckynut. Gilmer needs more fans like those two guys.

First clASS all the way there buddy. :getlost:

You are obviously a confused man. "LHill...not better coached, not better discipoined, just plain better." What do you think makes them just plain better. It certainly wasn't raw talent. LH was better coached and disciplined. They executed because of the coaching and the discipline instilled in them by the coaches.

And again, "Gilmer's defense did okay slowing down Liberty Hill's offense." You are definitely confused. GET THIS.... I know they may struggle with second grade math in east Texas, but 342 yards divided by 57 rushes equals SIX YARDS PER CARRY. And they took two or three knees at the end of the game where they took negative yards plus gave up an additional easy score. Six yards per carry is not considered 'doing okay slowing down' an offense.

Liberty Hill's offense was just as dominating as their defense. Gilmer was simply whipped on both sides of the ball.

I agree with this post entirely. Celina held them to 22 points last year and to date that was still the best job anyone has done on that O. But the D sure shocked Gilmer. They play solid on both sides of the ball. That game last year was one of the best in recent years and we sure wanted another shot as we are playing better this year and they seem to be.

I will say it and I will not eat crow, Liberty Hill was the better team today , but Gilmer has nothing to be ashamed of, there are over 160 3A schools in the state that would like to be where they were . Congrats LH , great season

I want to say thanks for all of the classy posts of congrats! I hear Coach Vance say this about last season, and I will say it here.....the only real difference between LH and the rest is that we won our last game. There are a lot of good coaches out there, and there are a lot of players that put alot of blood, sweat, and tears into the game. Many factors play into any win, and any loss as well. You can be on top one week/season, and on the bottom the next...and vice versa. All that really matters is how you play the game! Gilmer should be proud of themselves! There were many, many teams that didn't even make it to the playoff brackets! Maybe they didn't want it bad enough, maybe they had problems with grades or injuries (I mean...look at LBJ in Austin who just about had to gave up the whole season because they didn't have enough players), maybe they just started with a new coach and they are still working out the kinks, maybe they had too many new players and had to work out the kinks....you never know what is going on with the other team, or even the individual players! Shoot, even a star quarterback can have a bad day because of something that may be going on in their personal life! We all know there are things that happen in life that cause you to lose focus!

Bottom line is that Gilmer deserves props for even being in the championship game! Shoot, LH didn't even know what it was like to even be in the state game until last season....last year was LH's first appearance ever in the final game! Hats off to you, Gilmer, for an undefeated regular season (an accomplishment in itself), and appearance in the state championship game! You should hang your heads high, as this is still something to be very proud of!

I want to congratulate Liberty Hill on a great game. What an incredible team. If the Bucks were going to get beat, at least they got beat by the best.

I also want to congratulate the Buckeyes on a great season and thank each and every player and coach for all of the excitement and joy y'all gave me this season. Thanks for all of the hard work and commitment it takes to be a Buckeye.

The memories of this season will last a lifetime and each of you should take a huge amount of pride in the accomplishment of reaching the finals.

Go Buckeyes......let's hope for a re-match with Liberty Hill next year with a different result. :D

If any Gilmer coach reads this........let's NEVER play in Waco again. I hate that place. :)

I think it's pretty obvious that most everyone who is actually from LH or Gilmer is not on here to say "I told you so" or make excuses for why Gilmer lost. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen several from LH (LHMom for instance) show real class and I've seen several from Gilmer who have come on here and given LH their due. All of you on here who ARE saying "I told you so" or "where are all the Gilmer fans now" should just relax and let the fans of the teams who actually PLAYED in this game work it out. You know who you are and it's just pathetic. There...just had to say it.

Now, down to business...CONGRATULATIONS to Liberty Hill. You guys were impressive, to say the least. I was expecting your offense to be pretty much unstoppable and of course you delivered. But your defense was unbelievable. No team, all season, has even come close to shutting us down like those boys did. And I just have to comment on the decision to take a knee at the end of the game rather than run it in for another touchdown was total class and just goes to show what a respectful and respectable coaching staff you guys have. Everyone sitting around me felt that same way and commented on it. (Yes, all you Gilmer fan haters, we buckeye fans do have love and respect for our opponents). Congratulations again...you deserve it. Enjoy!

To all my Buckeyes...thank you for an incredible season once again. You make me and the town of Gilmer proud to call ourselves Buckeyes!

But your defense was unbelievable. No team, all season, has even come close to shutting us down like those boys did. And I just have to comment on the decision to take a knee at the end of the game rather than run it in for another touchdown was total class and just goes to show what a respectful and respectable coaching staff you guys have. Everyone sitting around me felt that same way and commented on it. (Yes, all you Gilmer fan haters, we buckeye fans do have love and respect for our opponents). Congratulations again...you deserve it. Enjoy!

To all my Buckeyes...thank you for an incredible season once again. You make me and the town of Gilmer proud to call ourselves Buckeyes!

Our defense does deserve much credit for our success over the season and other than locally, they don't really get the notice. I've read comments about other teams "not being as good as was thought". I'm more of the mindset that those opponents were as good as advertised, but our D made them seem they weren't.

There were some folks sitting around me that commented on the knee. One gentleman is from one of our district foes. He couldn't believe we did, but we have done so several times. I was glad that we did. What would be the point in scoring?

Congrats again to the season Gilmer had and good luck to all the players in the future! :)

I posted this on another thread but I will put it here too.

Everyone raved about the LH O, but the LH D is an outstanding outfit. I enjoyed watching them play. Gilmer's QB is having surgery this week on that thumb but I doubt it would have made an impact. Without being able to rush the ball, there was not much passing going to be happening in those conditions. The outcome would have been same in any conditions. Maybe a little closer score, but a win for LH all the same. They played like champions and are worthy. Congratulations to LH and I salute you.

Everyone raved about the LH O, but the LH D is an outstanding outfit. I enjoyed watching them play. Gilmer's QB is having surgery this week on that thumb but I doubt it would have made an impact. Without being able to rush the ball, there was not much passing going to be happening in those conditions. The outcome would have been same in any conditions. Maybe a little closer score, but a win for LH all the same. They played like champions and are worthy. Congratulations to LH and I salute you.

Congratulations to LH and Gilmer! Guys, you have Snowbird all wrong, he does not hate Gilmer, he was just stating his opinion based on what he saw from watching LH play in the playoffs. Snowbird is an avid sports fan and knows talent when he sees it. Just because he told you LH was going to win and how they were going to win and by how much they were going to win, doesn't make him a Gilmer hater. Yes, I wanted Gilmer to win, but I had three different coaches from East Texas tell me that Gilmer didn't have a chance, that doesn't make them Gilmer haters. Also, the guys at KYKX didn't do a bad job for their first game and thanks for covering the game. For some reason I think we have not heard the last of Gilmer, LH, and Celina in 3a football.

What happens if Gilmer controls the clock? Do they win by 14? Bottom line is anybody that is laying 14 points for either team is a sucker.

LH can't stop Gilmer either. It comes down to turnovers. Who makes them loses. Who gets them wins.

I guess I am a sucker.

Many people in Gilmer indeed watch game film. So feel free to amuse yourself some more. Of course Gilmer has their Yahoos but they also have many educated fans who keep up with the competition very closely. I watched their film with a relative, who is a very successful coach, who was interested in learning about their Slot T in thinking about inplementing it at his team. As far as I am concerned, they are the gold standard for that offense. However, as I stated, their DBs are anther story entirely.

As I stated earlier, those DB's would do just fine. I also raved about their D but no one listened. I thought you would have caught that watching game film.

Hey TD-

Just wanted to razz you a bit. Thanks for coming back on here. You are a stand up guy. Have a Merry Christmas!

Nice post and I agree. LH would have won no matter what the weather conditions were. The 4th down calls were a non issue in my opinion. LH was going to score no matter if they went 40 or 60 or 80 yards to do it.

Congrats to LH and Gilmer on fine seasons.

Congratulations to LH team and coaches. Also, congratulations to Gilmer team and coaches on a great season.

From where I was sitting I thought the game did not represent the score. The opening kickoff that was run back for a TD in the first 14 seconds of the game brought back past memmories of Jasper a few years ago when LH lost that simi state game. LH first score when they missed the extra point still did not even tie the game. Most of the way through the first quarter LH could not catch up to Gilmer's first score. The next quarter we had to give Gilmer the wind. Gilmer's quarterback had a powerfull arm. Even against the wind I did not see the ball waver very much. Gilmer D stoped LH O multiple times more than any other team this year. Lh also went on 4th down multiple time where Gilmer jumped off sides and LH got a first down. Gilmer O line played a great game. LH D usauly gets to the quarterback alot of times in all of the previsous games. LH only sacked the quarterback a few times. Great JOB O LIne. Every time Gilmer threw the ball our hearts stopped with antisapation of if it would be a touchdown or not and that boy could throw it long. Gilmer D stopped LH and made them punt alot of times in the game. Not until LH got the wind in the 4th quarter did we even think we had the game won and still there was some daught.

This is meant to give the team of Gilmer some praise form a LH fan. Millions of HS football players would love to be in your shoes but look at the stats of this game and compare them to the other games LH played. You will see that Gilmer heald this team better than any other team this year.

Good luck Seniors and thanks for the memmories.

Uh pardon me?????? I've been on and made three posts so far,, maybe four, about saturdays game. Also, tdsteele, and even cj9091, have all came on here and said that LH beat us,, and beat us fair and square. Us and Longarm, and luckynut, have all said the same thing.

I said in one comment, that LH didn't see our team at it's best because of a couple of bad injuries. I also said that was "NOT" an excuse,, because they would probably have won without our injuries. But it was a fact none the less. And I think it affected both our passing and running games. That comment takes absolutely nothing away from how I thought of LH as a team. They played a remarkable game. Their defense busted up our offense the whole game long.

I'm not a football analyst, rather simply a dedicated fan. Gilmer got beat in this game. We didn't get beat because we had a sorry coach who made some spur of the moment bonehead decisions as some have said. We got beat by a team that took the game to us all night long, and we simply could not stop them.

I predicted Gilmer would win by two TD's. I was wrong. I did not make that prediction because I felt the Buckeyes were such a super team, and that LH had no chance against us. I stated in that post, that I didn't know why I felt we would win,,, but that it was just a gut feeling. I didn't say that to put down LH in any way,, and if any LH fan took it that way, then understand, it wasn't intended to be so.

And by the way,,, you sir are wrong. You are spiteful, and hateful towards Gilmer posters on here. You say this site was "Dominated" by Gilmer posters who made bold predictions about their athletes, team, and coaches. If you look at the poll, you will see there were many more posts on here from LH fans, and backers who predicted that LH would just smash and roll over Gilmer. We weren't doing anything differently then they were. Yes, they backed it up,, but no one knows who will back it up til it's over and done with. First of all,,, if it were "YOUR" team in the championship game, you and anybody else would have had good things to say about your own team, players, and coaches. And c'mon,,, don't be foolish enough to say you and almost anyone else "would not" have. You know you would.

I did see a couple of disrespectul remarks about Liberty Hill, and that saddens me,,, but the huge majority of Gilmer posters handled them selves with dignity, even when we were complimenting our own team. I read all the posts on here, and I don't remember more than a couple of comments from Gilmer, that was disrespectful to LH's team and fans. In fact,, the most disrespectful comments before the game,, came from people who were from "NEITHER" of these two fine schools,,, but rather from somewhere else,, and most of those remarks were made towards the Buckeyes, or our fans. Do any of those comments ring a bell to you sir? Probably not!!!

Ther is no place on this board, for insolent, rude, disrespectful comments. I saw a few arrogant comments in all the threads. Some were made by a few Gilmer fans,,, some by fans from LH or somewhere else. Trust me,,, I don't "condone" any of those posts, no matter where they were from.

I don't know what else you want us to say. We've already eaten fried crow, baked crow, sauted crow, crow gumbo, and maybe more,,, what other ways should we fix it and eat it? The Gilmer Buckeyes got the game handed to us on a silver platter. But what no one mentions is that not one single young man on our team ever quit,,, or didn't give 100% the whole game. We faced a very very good team, who executed their gameplan to perfection. And we lost, and they are the Champions. I salute them, and I offer no excuses. That's all I know to say.

if gilmer had won, sdc would've exploded from all the posts. they get absolutely spanked and now it's everyone elses fault. i love it

Clawsnstripes, to me you've always been respectful of Gilmer. I don't see where you say the Gilmer posters (that blanket comment again), are saying it's "anyone" else's fault. We lost because we played a better team on Saturday night.

Uh pardon me?????? I've been on and made three posts so far,, maybe four, about saturdays game. Also, tdsteele, and even cj9091, have all came on here and said that LH beat us,, and beat us fair and square. Us and Longarm, and luckynut, have all said the same thing.

I said in one comment, that LH didn't see our team at it's best because of a couple of bad injuries. I also said that was "NOT" an excuse,, because they would probably have won without our injuries. But it was a fact none the less. And I think it affected both our passing and running games. That comment takes absolutely nothing away from how I thought of LH as a team. They played a remarkable game. Their defense busted up our offense the whole game long.

I'm not a football analyst, rather simply a dedicated fan. Gilmer got beat in this game. We didn't get beat because we had a sorry coach who made some spur of the moment bonehead decisions as some have said. We got beat by a team that took the game to us all night long, and we simply could not stop them.

I predicted Gilmer would win by two TD's. I was wrong. I did not make that prediction because I felt the Buckeyes were such a super team, and that LH had no chance against us. I stated in that post, that I didn't know why I felt we would win,,, but that it was just a gut feeling. I didn't say that to put down LH in any way,, and if any LH fan took it that way, then understand, it wasn't intended to be so.

And by the way,,, you sir are wrong. You are spiteful, and hateful towards Gilmer posters on here. You say this site was "Dominated" by Gilmer posters who made bold predictions about their athletes, team, and coaches. If you look at the poll, you will see there were many more posts on here from LH fans, and backers who predicted that LH would just smash and roll over Gilmer. We weren't doing anything differently then they were. Yes, they backed it up,, but no one knows who will back it up til it's over and done with. First of all,,, if it were "YOUR" team in the championship game, you and anybody else would have had good things to say about your own team, players, and coaches. And c'mon,,, don't be foolish enough to say you and almost anyone else "would not" have. You know you would.

I did see a couple of disrespectul remarks about Liberty Hill, and that saddens me,,, but the huge majority of Gilmer posters handled them selves with dignity, even when we were complimenting our own team. I read all the posts on here, and I don't remember even one comment from Gilmer, that was disrespectful to LH's team and fans. In fact,, the most disrespectful comments before the game,, came from people who were from "NEITHER" of these two fine schools,,, but rather from somewhere else,, and most of those remarks were made towards the Buckeyes, or our fans. Do any of those comments ring a bell to you sir? Probably not!!!

Ther is no place on this board, for insolent, rude, disrespectful comments. I saw a few arrogant comments in all the threads. Some were made by a few Gilmer fans,,, some by fans from LH or somewhere else. Trust me,,, I don't "condone" any of those posts, no matter where they were from.

I don't know what else you want us to say. We've already eaten fried crow, baked crow, sauted crow, crow gumbo, and maybe more,,, what other ways should we fix it and eat it? The Gilmer Buckeyes got the game handed to us on a silver platter. But what no one mentions is that not one single young man on our team ever quit,,, or didn't give 100% the whole game. We faced a very very good team, who executed their gameplan to perfection. And we lost, and they are the Champions. I salute them, and I offer no excuses. That's all I know to say.

Thank you...very well said and my thoughts exactly.