More Stuff

Fivehead

I'm really enjoying all this compassion for human life on this thread. It's inspiring.

Lighten up!

Liberals promote destroying human life in its earliest stages and defend convicted murderers on death row, yet, they always seem to get the "free pass."

Fivehead is "inspiring" me tonight! ;)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Governor Palin was accused of many things too. So what does an accusation mean really? Nothing.

The fact is that he had a distinguished history of charitable giving. One we all would do well to imitate.

BTW, sin is sin. With the exception of the unpardonable sin, one is no worse than another.

i couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

I'll save my praise for the selfless givers - the ones who do it annonomously, not expecting to be rewarded or recognized. I know a lot of charitable people, but you will never hear about them, because they will not take a bow for it. And that is the true meaning of charity.

I'll save my praise for the selfless givers - the ones who do it annonomously, not expecting to be rewarded or recognized. I know a lot of charitable people, but you will never hear about them, because they will not take a bow for it. And that is the true meaning of charity.

:thumbsup: Now, that is well put! :thumbsup:

AND that is also the way it's supposed to be too [anonymous giving] (when giving to charity.)

Governor Palin was accused of many things too. So what does an accusation mean really? Nothing.

Never child molestation...... :rolleyes:

I'm really enjoying all this compassion for human life on this thread. It's inspiring.

You reap what you sow......

Very Well Said Indeed!!!! :thumbsup:

So just because someone recognizes them for their efforts they are no good? It doesn't matter if you are recognized or you do it without anyone knowing. Donating money, time, or whatever to a good cause is a respectable and admirable thing. But if its not true charity - then how about we take away the billions of dollars that have been raised for different organizations through celebrities...because they were just being selfish. Give me a break. Giving is giving.

Matthew 5: 2 - 4

2 "Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Michael Jackson was a sensitive little fellow who had an abusive father. I bet that's the first time in the history of the world that that ever happened. Boo frickin' hoo.

There are hundreds of thousands of 50 year old men all over America who grew up with an abusive father far worse than Joe Jackson. Kids who got beaten, kicked and burned with cigarettes. Kids who were verbally abused with every alcohol scented breath their awful fathers took. Some of these men are in prison, some of them never reached their 50th birthday, but most of them are healthy reasonably well adjusted men with wives and biologial children. One thing that NONE of these men have is the hundreds of millions of dollars and all the advantages that Michael Jackson had. Yet somehow they manage to go to work, go to church, coach little league and live completely normal lives. One thing they DON'T do is have dozens of plastic surgeries, carry around a chimp and sleep with little boys.

So if you want to worship this deformed little twerp, go right ahead. Just don't criticize me or anyone else for not giving a #### about him

2 "Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Thank you....I was going to post that as well.

MJ was at one time a great entertainer, no doubt.

Yet the last few years the media had blasted him into the limelight because of the accusations against him (child molestation). Did he really do it? I honestly don't know. Only God and those involved OR NOT involved (i.e. someone making something up) truly know.

And now they want to glorify him as if he was some kind of Saint? It's like the Obamessiah mess all over again.

No one person on this earth is any more important than the other. We each have our differences (of opinion, religion, beliefs, whatever) and we each have our faults. No one person should be glorified like the media is doing here. Is it wrong to recognize him and his life and musical career? NO. But not in the capacity they [the media] are doing. [Media] Don't betray him one minute then glorify him the next .

It sounds like some members were true fans of his work, and that's great, there's nothing wrong with that. What I was trying to make light of was the media going one direction, then another.....but then again, that's the way Liberals seem to work, isn't it?

I'm sorry for the confusion, I really didn't intend for the thread to become about MJ.

Michael Jackson was a sensitive little fellow who had an abusive father. I bet that's the first time in the history of the world that that ever happened. Boo frickin' hoo.

There are hundreds of thousands of 50 year old men all over America who grew up with an abusive father far worse than Joe Jackson. Kids who got beaten, kicked and burned with cigarettes. Kids who were verbally abused with every alcohol scented breath their awful fathers took. Some of these men are in prison, some of them never reached their 50th birthday, but most of them are healthy reasonably well adjusted men with wives and biologial children. One thing that NONE of these men have is the hundreds of millions of dollars and all the advantages that Michael Jackson had. Yet somehow they manage to go to work, go to church, coach little league and live completely normal lives. One thing they DON'T do is have dozens of plastic surgeries, carry around a chimp and sleep with little boys.

So if you want to worship this deformed little twerp, go right ahead. Just don't criticize me or anyone else for not giving a #### about him

:notworthy: THAT right there says a LOT. Excellent post Fivehead. :thumbsup:

what i find disturbing is that under the cover of mj's and farrah's deaths, congress and the obamessiah passed a bill that imposes caps on the amount of energy that can be used by businesses and individuals.... and very few people even noticed. even fox news were so enthralled by the ongoing drama of michael jackson that they said virtually nothing about cap and trade legislation. while the caesars were dismantling the republic that was rome, they distracted the people with bread and circuses and while the people were being entertained, their freedom vanished. it looks like we are headed down the same path and the media is looking the other way... if they are not actively participating in the theft.

Where does the link say that MJ gave wanting reward or recognition?

defend convicted murderers on death row

That's another argument for another day, and here is not the right place.

And Colmes, you said this about Steve McNair:

BUT, that aside, we shouldn't be speculating until we get more details......Let's remember to keep the families in our prayers....

You can't have it both ways. Sin is sin, right?

McNair was cheating on his wife, committing adultery with a girl who was barely not a teenager, yet you had no problem praising him and saying that everyone should be praying for his family.

If you're going to chastise Michael Jackson for his sins and have no compassion for his death, then I want to see you do the same for Steve McNair, the man you loved to watch when he played in Houston.

Perhaps we all make mistakes, and we all have someone to answer to when we leave this planet. I leave that up to Him. Jesus, despite people's sins, saw the love and good in them while He was on earth and He loved them all the same. He never threw stones, and He was the only one who would have been correct to do so. He never forgot about their sins, but he loved them anyway. So maybe people who are sad about Jackson's death, people like me who has loved his music for many years ... we don't forget about his sins, we don't condone them, but yet show appreciation for the good things he did and the fact that he's human like the rest of us.

Very well. Point taken. I stand corrected. :thumbsup:

Perhaps we all make mistakes, and we all have someone to answer to when we leave this planet. I leave that up to Him. Jesus, despite people's sins, saw the love and good in them while He was on earth and He loved them all the same. He never threw stones, and He was the only one who would have been correct to do so. He never forgot about their sins, but he loved them anyway. So maybe people who are sad about Jackson's death, people like me who has loved his music for many years ... we don't forget about his sins, we don't condone them, but yet show appreciation for the good things he did and the fact that he's human like the rest of us.

Thats all i was trying to do. I'm not the biggest fan of MJ, but i do give credit where credit is due. He did alot of good things, and made alot of great music in his time, but to many bad accusations over shadow all of that and people tend to forget that he was human too. I'm not worshiping the guy by any means, but at the same time, I don't think he was scum either. Everyone makes mistakes, some worse than others, but its not our place to judge. Did he do what he was accused of? Who knows. I don't, and I don't really care either. Now, i do agree with you all, that the media has taken this whole ordeal way to far and serious. Ok hes dead. His music and legecy will live on. LET IT GO. We have more important things to talk about. I'm done. Lets move on.

And Colmes, you said this about Steve McNair:

Actually, that was about his family....We should pray for the family of Michael Jackson as well in their time of loss.....BUT not whitewash his life and ignore the elephant in the room, so to speak......The media is doing that and I think that's why some of the membership here (me included) are taking the stand we are taking....The media is NOT whitewashing any of the gruesome details about Steve McNair's adulterous relationship.....there is the difference.....