Class 1-A pre-season Accolades

MUSTANGMANIA

we will see!!!! sounds like he "ran by a few players " to get that 70 yard run, and normally getting a 100 yds on someone is consider a good player. sometimes a good runner will make it look like a "busted defensive play" I bet you dont want to make this young man mad, it will seem like a train is coming at you. By the way it seems that someone from SMU thinks hes good enough to play are they would not be interested in him playing there.

BallFan, Im with you on this, Not only is Pope a very good players he is even a better kid. Good luck this year Pope, they will have no choice but to give you the ball more, and you will prove to them what kind of player you really are!!! No doubt one of the best players in 1A, you will be right up there with shead.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is always a better person/kid... But Joaquin had 8 guys on the field... and most of those 8 kids were on Joaquin side line screaming for the other 3 to get back on... For some reason they thought it was 4th down... (why??? IDK)... And of course Mount runs the sweep to the other sideline... Sooo... He had 108 yards and 70 on one carry... 108-70 is 38 yards... If somebody is good and fast enough to play for SMU... You would think he could at least have a little bit more than that against a none athletic/fast Joaquin Team... By the way Joaquin was like 0-3 may 0-4 when yall played... And they ended up 4-6... Pope should have had at least 200 yards against them!!!

For instance McClure/Choice look like deer running through brush against Joaquin!!!

Everybody is always a better person/kid... But Joaquin had 8 guys on the field... and most of those 8 kids were on Joaquin side line screaming for the other 3 to get back on... For some reason they thought it was 4th down... (why??? IDK)... And of course Mount runs the sweep to the other sideline... Sooo... He had 108 yards and 70 on one carry... 108-70 is 38 yards... If somebody is good and fast enough to play for SMU... You would think he could at least have a little bit more than that against a none athletic/fast Joaquin Team... By the way Joaquin was like 0-3 may 0-4 when yall played... And they ended up 4-6... Pope should have had at least 200 yards against them!!!

For instance McClure/Choice look like deer running through brush against Joaquin!!!

Man your selling your team Joaquin out, they were a little better team then you give them credit.If you remember correctly they played Alto to a very close game in the playoffs. There line was a lot stronger then Mounts line. alot of what Pope got during that game was mostly on his own. Joaquin played a tough none district schedule thats the only reason they were 0-4. Pope is more of a power runner then McClure or Choice they were more speed Runners. this makes a big difference. also when you dont get the ball more then 2-3 times in 1st half its hard to get alot of yards. Joaquin was playing a control offense like normal, and it work very good. Man give your team a little more credit then you do.

This would be when Pope was a Freshman and Soph... And this past Year... Against Joaquin... Pope had a little over a 100 yards... But One run was over 70 yards... On maybe the worst busted defensive play I have ever seen!!! And Plus... Running past Joaquin kids really isnt much to talk about... IMO...

Maybe Joaquin is Kryptonite for Pope!!! We will find out Round 1 of District Play!!!

Start doing them Jumping Jacks!!!

One More little fact District MVP 2008 and New comer of the year in 2006 with a short season in 2007 due to a broke foot. sound like a pretty decent player to me.

One More little fact District MVP 2008 and New comer of the year in 2006 with a short season in 2007 due to a broke foot. sound like a pretty decent player to me.

what joaquin can do to a play caller is make you think twice about throwing... 3rd and 9 means you will punt... When you punt, you may not see the ball again for 7 or 8 minutes. AND... Defensively joaquin is very good unless you throw or try to outflank with numbers or speed... I can tell you that it is a bit of a catch22 for a playcaller. Bottom line is that joaquin and Mount are an interesting matchup because of these things... They are both very good and yes Pope is the real deal... Furthermore, and I don't want this to come out wrong.... (btw, I think Shead is the top Class a back) but because of the way the matchips an styles played out, pope was the more damaging back against Tenaha last year...Before yuga fan says anything, let me preface by saying that we felt like Pope was a more 'punishing' runner that we (Tenaha) have always struggled to stop....... Shead ran extremely tough and had an unbelievable performance 50+-250+, but we did have success tackling him and getting stops..... Hopefully that can shed some neutral light on just how good Pope is...

Im not from Joaquin and They are not my team... Just like the way they play the game... I give them credit for that... Alto and Joaquin was a good game... But Alto IMO wasnt very good... And about Pope getting District MVP 2008 and NCY in 2006... I was Best Looking in my High School back in the day... So accomplishments really dont mean anything...

**But I can still pull the ladies every once in awhile!!!

what joaquin can do to a play caller is make you think twice about throwing... 3rd and 9 means you will punt... When you punt, you may not see the ball again for 7 or 8 minutes. AND... Defensively joaquin is very good unless you throw or try to outflank with numbers or speed... I can tell you that it is a bit of a catch22 for a playcaller. Bottom line is that joaquin and Mount are an interesting matchup because of these things... They are both very good and yes Pope is the real deal... Furthermore, and I don't want this to come out wrong.... (btw, I think Shead is the top Class a back) but because of the way the matchips an styles played out, pope was the more damaging back against Tenaha last year...Before yuga fan says anything, let me preface by saying that we felt like Pope was a more 'punishing' runner that we (Tenaha) have always struggled to stop....... Shead ran extremely tough and had an unbelievable performance 50+-250+, but we did have success tackling him and getting stops..... Hopefully that can shed some neutral light on just how good Pope is...

Thinks for the comments allbig8 I have been watching this kid play for several years. (no family Ties) He is a very tuff kid and deserves a little more then someone saying he's really not that good. Like you said sometimes its all about the type of matchup there up against, and Joaquin was better suited to stop him then any other team.

Im not from Joaquin and They are not my team... Just like the way they play the game... I give them credit for that... Alto and Joaquin was a good game... But Alto IMO wasnt very good... And about Pope getting District MVP 2008 and NCY in 2006... I was Best Looking in my High School back in the day... So accomplishments really dont mean anything...

**But I can still pull the ladies every once in awhile!!!

But that was not the point at hand, You said that Pope was not that good, It still to be determined about how good he will be. And by the way there is several teams out there that would say alto had a pretty good team, not of the championship caliber as a few years back, But a good team

You would know more about that then me... But Joaquin has Never had problems with Pope (this year could be his year)... But Joaquin likes the Pope type of players... McClure and Choices they cant stand... And Personally... IMO... Pope is just a fat kid running over Small/Lesser Talent... Plus, the Kings and Solomon help make average people better!!!

But that was not the point at hand, You said that Pope was not that good, It still to be determined about how good he will be. And by the way there is several teams out there that would say alto had a pretty good team, not of the championship caliber as a few years back, But a good team

You must not have seen who they played... first round played 4-5 team and second round played 4-6 team...

You would know more about that then me... But Joaquin has Never had problems with Pope (this year could be his year)... But Joaquin likes the Pope type of players... McClure and Choices they cant stand... And Personally... IMO... Pope is just a fat kid running over Small/Lesser Talent... Plus, the Kings and Solomon help make average people better!!!

Why do you have to call the kid Fat. Very poor class!!!

You must not have seen who they played... first round played 4-5 team and second round played 4-6 team...

When you play the teams like White oak being from 1A and they just dropped down from 3A most the time the 1a team will lose, you cant always judge a team by its record.

The only 2 1a teams that beat Alto last year were both State Finalists, and one was late in the 4th quarter and other by 11. Man, you don't know jack about what you're yappin, can any other 1a teams say that?

Fine Pope is Chunky... And I am fat... Better... And Alto playing 2 state finalist or whatever... Weak Schedules... Schedule might look good... But Garrison and San Augustine and not the same teams they have been... And Frankston looks like a good game just because they are 2A... So

You played Arp, Grapeland and Cayuga...

Frankston, San Augustine, and Garrison are just average...

The Other 5 teams I am not going to comment about...

Then you play 4-5 (Joaquin) and 4-6 (Hawkins) the 2 rounds of the playoffs... Thats an automatic 7 win season...

Maybe since my dog has left the hunt, I can help end that silly argument... last year, 19A and 20A had three teams each make the playoffs......

19A- Mount and Tenaha were as good as anyone in Class A and lost to a red-hot throwing team in Grapeland and were nudged by a 4th quarter FG by the State runner-up... Joaquin (though their W-L record didn't show it) was playing really well by season's end. IN fact, their games with Mount and Tenaha were thrillers that the Rams had opportunities to win

20A- Grapeland, Cayuga, and Alto fell into the Mount/Tenaha category and benefited in Round one from peaking right (Grapeland), weather change on game night (Cayuga), and still being among the best in the state (Alto).... Regardless of who they beat or who they played, Alto was still "top 10-15" worthy... Now, that being said, they weren't the Alto of the two title teams.... In fact for us, we thought we would have better matched up with Alto in round one, but to say they were "average" or "not that good" is assanine.

Maybe since my dog has left the hunt, I can help end that silly argument... last year, 19A and 20A had three teams each make the playoffs......

19A- Mount and Tenaha were as good as anyone in Class A and lost to a red-hot throwing team in Grapeland and were nudged by a 4th quarter FG by the State runner-up... Joaquin (though their W-L record didn't show it) was playing really well by season's end. IN fact, their games with Mount and Tenaha were thrillers that the Rams had opportunities to win

20A- Grapeland, Cayuga, and Alto fell into the Mount/Tenaha category and benefited in Round one from peaking right (Grapeland), weather change on game night (Cayuga), and still being among the best in the state (Alto).... Regardless of who they beat or who they played, Alto was still "top 10-15" worthy... Now, that being said, they weren't the Alto of the two title teams.... In fact for us, we thought we would have better matched up with Alto in round one, but to say they were "average" or "not that good" is assanine.

I think the only teams you watched all year were 19A and 20A games...

I think the only teams you watched all year were 19A and 20A games...

Thats all he had to watch to figure out that these teams were good enough to be in the top 15 in state. Cayuga was #2 in state and some of this teams played them a good game. and what does it matter if he did only watch 19 and 20 A? this is what we were talking about anyway.

Thats all he had to watch to figure out that these teams were good enough to be in the top 15 in state. Cayuga was #2 in state and some of this teams played them a good game. and what does it matter if he did only watch 19 and 20 A? this is what we were talking about anyway.

Your correct we are talking about these 2 districts... But then you start bringing up the Top in the State... That means Everybody...

But out of these 2 districts... You have Cayuga, Grapeland, Alto, Mount, Tenaha, Joaquin... Your Saying 5 of those Teams were in the top 10-15 in the state... No Way... Then you have Joaquin who played Alto, Mount, and Tenaha a good game... So You probably think a 4-6 Joaquin Team has to be in the top 25... And 3 of these teams did not make it past Round 1... And Alto Played Nobody the 1st and 2nd Round!!!

And how is Cayuga #2... Did they beat Stratford or Canadian??? Maybe your the guy who makes the Top 25 Polls and Makes everybody laugh!!! And you have allbig8 finalize it!!! :D

So... Please... Step back from the fire!!!

Your correct we are talking about these 2 districts... But then you start bringing up the Top in the State... That means Everybody...

But out of these 2 districts... You have Cayuga, Grapeland, Alto, Mount, Tenaha, Joaquin... Your Saying 5 of those Teams were in the top 10-15 in the state... No Way... Then you have Joaquin who played Alto, Mount, and Tenaha a good game... So You probably think a 4-6 Joaquin Team has to be in the top 25... And 3 of these teams did not make it past Round 1... And Alto Played Nobody the 1st and 2nd Round!!!

And how is Cayuga #2... Did they beat Stratford or Canadian??? Maybe your the guy who makes the Top 25 Polls and Makes everybody laugh!!! And you have allbig8 finalize it!!! :D

No little doggie you step back from the fire!!! you are the one coming on here and down grading a kid saying that they are not very good and they are fat. and yes maybe 4-5 of these teams could possible been top 10-15 in the state, name 10-15 teams that that was better then alto, cayuga, grapeland,tenaha,mount or joaquin. pretty good group of teams id say. And Cayuga was #2 in there division.they made it to the championship game, no they did not play Canadian, but if they did they could have very well beat them. we will never no that will we. and you cant take allbig8 giving you the facts, if anyone should no it would be him. :notworthy:

AND LET THE HATING BEGIN!!!

No little doggie you step back from the fire!!! you are the one coming on here and down grading a kid saying that they are not very good and they are fat. and yes maybe 4-5 of these teams could possible been top 10-15 in the state, name 10-15 teams that that was better then alto, cayuga, grapeland,tenaha,mount or joaquin. pretty good group of teams id say. And Cayuga was #2 in there division.they made it to the championship game, no they did not play Canadian, but if they did they could have very well beat them. we will never no that will we. and you cant take allbig8 giving you the facts, if anyone should no it would be him. :notworthy:

Im not down grading anybody... Im just giving you like I see it... And they do not make the Final Polls by Divisions... And I highly doubt they could have beat Canadian (who won the 2A title the year before)... Oo... But I forgot... Maybe they can get a Redo!!!

And what Facts is allbig8 giving???

Im not down grading anybody... Im just giving you like I see it... And they do not make the Final Polls by Divisions... And I highly doubt they could have beat Canadian (who won the 2A title the year before)... Oo... But I forgot... Maybe they can get a Redo!!!

And what Facts is allbig8 giving???

you have forgotten very easy what this was all about and I quote: But he is just not as good or fast as what everybody says... and he fat!!! if thats not down grading a kid I dont no what you would call it then. Then you said that these teams like Joaquin was not any good, and thats were allbig8 made the comments about he was the real deal, and how good some off this teams are. Just go back and read your post and you will see how you do not even remember what started this. I guess me, allbig8 and footballnut do not know what were talking about. Here is my final reply to you. Pope is one of the top backs in class A ball period.

you have forgotten very easy what this was all about and I quote: But he is just not as good or fast as what everybody says... and he fat!!! if thats not down grading a kid I dont no what you would call it then. Then you said that these teams like Joaquin was not any good, and thats were allbig8 made the comments about he was the real deal, and how good some off this teams are. Just go back and read your post and you will see how you do not even remember what started this. I guess me, allbig8 and footballnut do not know what were talking about. Here is my final reply to you. Pope is one of the top backs in class A ball period.

So where are allbig8's facts... They sound like Opinions... I saw Pope run a 24 second 200 meter dash at Hemphill... That is not fast... And that is a FACT!!! And I am not down grading anybody... Joaquin was not good... They went 4-6... That is not good... That is below .500... Thats below Average!!! That is a FACT!!! Alto played a 4-5 and 4-6 team in the playoffs... That is 2 teams below average (or like I say it... They are not good)... FACT!!!

So where are allbig8's facts... They sound like Opinions... I saw Pope run a 24 second 200 meter dash at Hemphill... That is not fast... And that is a FACT!!! And I am not down grading anybody... Joaquin was not good... They went 4-6... That is not good... That is below .500... Thats below Average!!! That is a FACT!!! Alto played a 4-5 and 4-6 team in the playoffs... That is 2 teams below average (or like I say it... They are not good)... FACT!!!

If they were not very good why did you rank they high for this years poll? Did they not make the playoffs last year? yes they did. where are you from if you no how good a team is or not. they lost to white oak 2A was 3A, Garrison 2A and shelbyville 2A Mount and Tenaha 1 and 2 in district. and Alto in the playoffs. pretty decent teams. When ever your ready Pope would agree to go head up with you.. since you think hes not very good.

If they were not very good why did you rank they high for this years poll? Did they not make the playoffs last year? yes they did. where are you from if you no how good a team is or not. they lost to white oak 2A was 3A, Garrison 2A and shelbyville 2A Mount and Tenaha 1 and 2 in district. and Alto in the playoffs. pretty decent teams. When ever your ready Pope would agree to go head up with you.. since you think hes not very good.

Maybe cause you make the polls... Polls are a Joke... If your not smart enough to figure that out... You dont need to post!!! And I would go one on one with Pope... Ive played against a lot better in my day!!!

My bad... I read your Question wrong... I ranked them high because... Well... I just did!!!