Arp vs Center

Crawford

Arp vs Center  

46 members have voted

1. 1. WHO YA GOT?

8 out 10 is pretty impressive. We know you guys are going to be our toughest match all season or at least close to it cause DF was really good. Center has lots of speed and I feel like it will give Arp fits all night. We will see but I think it will be one of those really fun games to watch. Center's depth is going to help them a lot. I think Center is going to pass and pass and pass some more. Arp will run and run and run some more. I think it will be a game a lot like the Arp vs DF game. Arp will be better this week than they were in DF I am sure of that. It should be a of fun. I am very exited about this weeks game. We as fans don't know enough to say we will win but from what I have seen of the Arp team they can play football pretty good this year. This is one of those games that there is no history to it and the first game wasn't fun at all...for us anyway it was a blow out int he wrong direction lol. I think Arp makes a game of it this year with a chance to win. I think Arp will have to control the clock with the offense. But that said Arp can strike fast. The offense is very deceptive and QB # 11 Kyle Copeland sr. runs it well and will be one of the top athletes on the field please do not judge this young man from last years game if you are you will be shocked. Our two starting running backs will be Kasey McClendon sr. # 21 and Mike Potts # 20 jr. backing them up will be soph. # 22 John Hawkins and # 2 jr. Andre Summers. Out wide will be WR/FS Mike Roberson jr # 3 WR/DB Rusty Pierce # 23. Thats just something for you guys to know about Arp. We run the Veer its no secret every sinse you guys beat us to pulp at your house last year. Thank you by the way if I have not said so yet. I love it! You might not like it but hey....We have some studs that love to run the ball so why not let them boys loose at what they know how to do best and thats RUN. Arp can still pass. In fact Arp passed for 109 yards last week so you can't stack the box. Mike Roberson is fast and runs really good routes. He and Kyle have had two seasons together now on Varsity and can put a clinic on if you rdisrespect the pass. Arp's defense is a Team wide unit. They all play it and they all play major roles throug out the game. To me this has been one of the best teams to watch from Arp in a long time just because of the pure effort it takes for Arp to be good. 23 players playing thier hearts out with a schedule like ours. We have no breaks from day one. We scrimmaged Van then Chapel Hill, Lost to Diangerfield and beat Paul Pewitt. Now we move on to Center then we Gladewater and Westwood. Guess what I am saying is having a tough schedule will pay its dues and surviving it is even more fun to watch lol...Good luck this week I hope its injury free. If you come early there is a nice little place to eat just past the four way down town just past the school. Coming in on 64 West you will exit HWY 135 South. DON"T SPEED IN ARP! they will get you lol...follow 135 south into Arp and you will see the stadium to your left. For those of you who need to make quick stop at a gas station before you get there Terry Exxon is on the left just before you turn right in front of the jr high. There should be plenty of parking beside or behind the band hall. Its probably the closest place to park. Yall drive safe! see ya at the game

Thanks for the info. Coach Goodwin was just talking about how he scraped last season film against Arp and ya'll are a total different team. He also how mention how well the Tigers run the veer. It should be great game, hopefully no blowouts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. Coach Goodwin was just talking about how he scraped last season film against Arp and ya'll are a total different team. He also how mention how well the Tigers run the veer. It should be great game, hopefully no blowouts

I agree I want a good close game either way. Heart will play a big part in this weeks game for us I think.

So Arp is running the Veer now huh? That should make things interesting...

Center is a younger team this year, the talent level is still up there though. Alot of these kids are just starting to get a feel for the speed of Varsity football. I do like the fact that Arp is running the veer, Rusk ran it pretty effectively against them and it will be a good test to see how this defense handles it a second time.

But when it comes to Center's offense, I'd say they are quite a bit better than last year. The running game is much improved, I really like our backs this year. The passing game, of course, is still on point. I don't think there is a receiver on this team that can't take it to the house at any given moment.

I think Center will strike early, the outcome of this game will depend on how Arp reacts to that and if they have an answer for Center's big play ability.

Riders by at least 10.

Center is a younger team this year, the talent level is still up there though. Alot of these kids are just starting to get a feel for the speed of Varsity football. I do like the fact that Arp is running the veer, Rusk ran it pretty effectively against them and it will be a good test to see how this defense handles it a second time.

But when it comes to Center's offense, I'd say they are quite a bit better than last year. The running game is much improved, I really like our backs this year. The passing game, of course, is still on point. I don't think there is a receiver on this team that can't take it to the house at any given moment.

I think Center will strike early, the outcome of this game will depend on how Arp reacts to that and if they have an answer for Center's big play ability.

Riders by at least 10.

I would expect a much better team running the veer this week. I think our biggest hurdle will be stopping the pass. Question will be can Center get the ball off with Arp's front 7. They are very fast. I think the Center folks will be shocked how much differant this years team is.

Riders by at least 10.

And a kicker that has one heck of a leg

attention all major colleges and Universities. There is an 8th grade athlete in Center TX thats going to get some national attention really soon. 5 star athlete type player! # 1 can't miss him! I will post up some pics of him tomorrow sometime.

attention all major colleges and Universities. There is an 8th grade athlete in Center TX thats going to get some national attention really soon. 5 star athlete type player! # 1 can't miss him! I will post up some pics of him tomorrow sometime.

Name?

Name?

not sure I believe it was Kyle something could be off though. Kid could start on Varsity easily now. He about 6'4 already and fast. He made some great catches look too easy. I was impressed.

Center's 7th grade looked like they all drove to the game lol. you guys had half of what we had on the side lines and yet the 8 biggest kids on the field was from Center.

When these two groups get to the Varsity level look out. Center if coached well will be a state title contender. Center is Loaded with talent coming up. I will say Arp's jr looked pretty good. That Arp 8th grade will be loads of fun to watch. We got another good group of studs coming up and one heck of a qb.

This really won't be a very good game if you are from center. Arp will win by at least 20 points. Good luck Tigers. Hope to see you again in about 13 weeks.

I wish Las Vegas had a betting line of 20 points........I might lose, but I would definitely put a few on Center getting 20 points.....Center reminds me a lot of L-K last year, but probably a little better because of depth......Not saying Arp isn't a good/great team for 2A, just Center is a decent 3A team