Week 0: Tenaha at Joaquin

GreezyChef

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could say..."Go back and look at my analysis before this game each of the last 4 years." But, for those just tuning in, I'll repeat it. If Joaquin can consistently make 3-5 yards on 1st down, they can eat up the clock and wear down the Tiger D in the Heat.... However, if (like last year), the tigers are able to shut down 1st down runs by the Rams, it will only be a matter of time before the spread Offense goes crazy and lights the lamps..... I think you could see a little of both factors at times, but I (of course a Homer) see the Tigers having too many answers vs. the Ram Defense... Tigers 32-12

Gotta hand it to you, you've been pretty much right on every time. :notworthy:

I could say..."Go back and look at my analysis before this game each of the last 4 years." But, for those just tuning in, I'll repeat it. If Joaquin can consistently make 3-5 yards on 1st down, they can eat up the clock and wear down the Tiger D in the Heat.... However, if (like last year), the tigers are able to shut down 1st down runs by the Rams, it will only be a matter of time before the spread Offense goes crazy and lights the lamps..... I think you could see a little of both factors at times, but I (of course a Homer) see the Tigers having too many answers vs. the Ram Defense... Tigers 32-12

Thats a mighty big IF right there. Joe will have to get tremendous play from a young O-line and I just dont see that happening with all the mass Tenaha boasts on its D-line.

Well Im gonna go out on a limb here,and pick the underdog. Joaquin wins 16-14...Just sayin I like my crow a little on the burnt side.

not sure which would be the bigger accomplishment, Scoring 16 on Tenaha's defense...or holding Tenaha's offense to just 14.

i was going to be starting linebacker this year for the rams but had to leave...and i think the team that i left is very young...maybe too young...lol..and tenaha will beat them...but the loss will make the team grow as a group of young players....the coach isnt going to let these kids do bad....every player has what it takes..

I agree 100%.With all the "NEW BLOOD"; things could get really really wild at times!With new kids handling the ball anything could happen.

Speaking of new blood, Chavis' nephew is gonna be a special player. I think he's gonna make some huge plays for us this year. Can't wait. I think Assunte is gonna have a breakout season as well. That long run he had against Cushing was cold.

Geez is it Friday yet?

I agree 100%.With all the "NEW BLOOD"; things could get really really wild at times!With new kids handling the ball anything could happen.

New kids handling the ball is right, but if we can keep them healthy, they have the potential to grow into the strongest team we've ever fielded. Everyone is just going to have to be patient as these kids grow into their new responsibilities.

New kids handling the ball is right, but if we can keep them healthy, they have the potential to grow into the strongest team we've ever fielded. Everyone is just going to have to be patient as these kids grow into their new responsibilities.
Both teams are young and it's gonna be exciting.

Speaking of new blood, Chavis' nephew is gonna be a special player. I think he's gonna make some huge plays for us this year. Can't wait. I think Assunte is gonna have a breakout season as well. That long run he had against Cushing was cold.

Geez is it Friday yet?

I think it will be midway through the second quarter b4 Tenaha starts to gel. Qb issues and the play action is reall killing them right now

Blue_hills.jpg

trust me their are no "issues" at Qb for Tenaha. The ball will be in the hands of one of the best athletes in 1-A on every play.

I dont think play action will be a problem when we face Joaquin. They tend to run the ball a lil bit.

QB and play action WILL be killin somebody though,one way or another!

trust me their are no "issues" at Qb for Tenaha. The ball will be in the hands of one of the best athletes in 1-A on every play.

I dont think play action will be a problem when we face Joaquin. They tend to run the ball a lil bit.

Lets don't break the the blessing oil out just yet. Week one ok. But I just want you to be honest as the season goes on. Davis is a great player no doubt, but that don't make him a perfect fit, or even a good fit at Qb, speed isn't everything. Life is good when all you have to do is just out run your opponent down the field. the game is alot different when you have to constanly beat 7 players, instead of just one all the time. He don't like to get hit. and his decission making needs to improve as well as his leadership. Not just talking for the sake of it. I'm telling you what I know. From the eyes of a former Qb.

Lets don't break the the blessing oil out just yet. Week one ok. But I just want you to be honest as the season goes on. Davis is a great player no doubt, but that don't make him a perfect fit, or even a good fit at Qb, speed isn't everything. Life is good when all you have to do is just out run your opponent down the field. the game is alot different when you have to constanly beat 7 players, instead of just one all the time. He don't like to get hit. and his decission making needs to improve as well as his leadership. Not just talking for the sake of it. I'm telling you what I know. From the eyes of a former Qb.

how are you going to talk about a player when you havent even seen him play this year from what i seen this year he has the ability and potential to be one of the best quarterbacks in the state in all classifcations

Davis is a PHENOMENAL athlete...I watched him take over the Alto game in the last 5 minutes last year...yes that Alto!! I see Davis being used like Justin Sturns was used by Rusk a couple of years back. Sturns was a salty athlete his sophomore year behind Cody Glenn, and then moved to Qb and ran the dog snot out of QB counter and did it week in and week out. His ability to run made his lack of passing proficiency less apparent.

He has liked the hitting well enough to make ALL STATE the only 2 years he's played thus far! What did you do your 9th and 10th grade year as a former QB?

And you re basing this off of the 30 plays he has had in 2 scrimmages.....COME ON MAN!

And you re basing this off of the 30 plays he has had in 2 scrimmages.....COME ON MAN!

Not just the 30 plays Greezy..... I guess he's also including the one play against slow, unaggressive Mart where he picked up a bad snap and went 59 untouched up the middle for 6