Daingerfield Bond Proposal

Hardball

There is definatly a need to improve not only the track/stadium, but more importantly the need to improve the educational facilities. Some details that I heard of are that it is a $30M bond to build a new elementary school, a new science lab for the high school, and some type of improvement to the stadium as well as adding the 8th lane to the track, since it is a requirement for hosting track meets now. I was particularly interested in the stadium improvements. For a program that has won 6 state titles in football, the stadium gives the impression that Daingerfield is closer to Redwater in terms of football prestige.

if you really want to do what is right, bus the kids to pittsburg. we will gladly

take them.

you already have something in PB from DF that created a lot of this problem in the first place.

Listen people as I tell you one more time........The Taxpayers in this district did not establish the problem. They do not like the fact they will be the ones called on to pay for the fix. Two problems among the many. In the Df district there exists one of the smallest % of actual taxpayer ratios to residents anywhere and the largest employer is by way of a state or federal check.

The FB team wins because of teamwork and everyone contributes. That is only an illusion in anything else.

I know that Daingerfield had a bond meeting tonight to discuss the details of an upcoming bond election, has anyone heard the details on it?

The final proposal has not been determined. In order for any proposal to be on the upcoming May ballot, the school board must call for the bond no later than March 13. There are four areas under consideration:

Construction of new elementary school;

Improvements to athletic facility;

Improvements to senior high campus; and

Improvements to junior high campus.

Overall, it was a very productive and informed meeting.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that Daingerfield had a bond meeting tonight to discuss the details of an upcoming bond election, has anyone heard the details on it?

Board voted 6-0 last week to call for $28.8 million bond including 6,865,000 for the high school and junior high and $22,025,000 for a new elementary, athletics, and school buses. Athletic improvements are at 5,215,000 out of the total package.

Board voted 6-0 last week to call for $28.8 million bond including 6,865,000 for the high school and junior high and $22,025,000 for a new elementary, athletics, and school buses. Athletic improvements are at 5,215,000 out of the total package.

New 8 Lane track, New playing surface, Improved drainage, New Pressbox and move visitor stands back to accomodate track. May not be 100% but will not miss it far.

I give it 50% or less chance of passing. Just too many negative things weighing on people's minds to get them to pay $250-300 more per 100K valuation. But then again probably 50% of the people that vote may not have to pay a dime. That is one of the great things about this country.........you can vote someone else a tax increase while you reap 100% of the benefit......Yeah Right!

Home Value of $100,000

goes to $65,000 after $15,000 state and 20% local exemptions

for a projected annual increase of $156.00 or a monthly increase of $13.00

Good Luck! hope you guys can get it passed in this economy.

1938 Junior high built

1949 South elementary built

1956 High school built

1958 West elementary built

1938 Junior high built

1949 South elementary built

1956 High school built

1958 West elementary built

You and I both know the reason nothing has been done since ............... There has been no effective community leadership to group the masses together and get something done collectively. Over the last 50 years no small school district has gotten so little done with so much wealth. Blame is easy to apply.......All of us. There are those that have facilitated failure and those that allowed it to happen. My dad once told me 5 minutes ago is history, 5 minutes from now is controlled by fate, so it is imperative that we do the best we can in between the two.

If you follow Blues music you know most of it goes back to Robert Johnson and the Crossroads. D-LS ISD is at that same crossroads.

we tried to pass a bond issue for that much about 3 or 4 years ago and got our heads handed to us in the election. it was an UGLY fight. thank goodness we were able last year to get a 17 million dollar proposal together to replace our jr. high. we still need a lot but that building was getting BAD!! hope you guys can pull it off and i mean that sincerely.

we tried to pass a bond issue for that much about 3 or 4 years ago and got our heads handed to us in the election. it was an UGLY fight. thank goodness we were able last year to get a 17 million dollar proposal together to replace our jr. high. we still need a lot but that building was getting BAD!! hope you guys can pull it off and i mean that sincerely.

Rab,

It won't get ugly here. Maybe some misinformation; but that will be the extent of it. FWIW, no tax increase above the frozen level on the Homestead of Taxpayers 65 years of age and older who have applied and received the Age of 65 Freeze.