New bats

POPOFF

Well from our scrimmage and talking to other coaches this week, b a l l s to the outfield seem to be 15-20 shorter from the BESR bats. Those hard hit ground b a lls that got through the infield last year will not be getting past the infield this year as much. I think the drop in offensive performane will be much more dramatic than it was in the NCAA. How will coaches and players adjust and/or change their game plans? Not sure.....it make take a few more weeks to see just how big or little of an impact the bats will have.

You better be coaching your kids up on some small ball. At the plate and in the field. IMO

Having a pitcher that can strike people out is a bonus. You're going to have to pay attention to smaller details with the bats, as well as take advantage of the other teams defensive miscues. The teams that make the routine plays and are able to run the bases effectively will come out on top. The game is going to be played the same way, but runs will come far and few between.

Must be a good hitter and strong kid. You can't say that about the average high school baseball player...

Probably playing in a sand box of a field too...

He is a big strong kid that will get drafted. The field was at a 5A school with pretty normal dimensions and there was no wind.

Not all BBCOR bats are made the same. You have to do your research.

He is a big strong kid that will get drafted. The field was at a 5A school with pretty normal dimensions and there was no wind.

What is your thoughts on which bat to be using and what was he using please sir.

I have done research as well as swung a few myself. Marucci and Rawlings seem to have the larger sweet spots and resemble the old BESR bats te most. The Omaha is rough, but the z1000s are good, as well as the EXOs.

If the kid is going to get drafted, then there is the explanation for the oppo HR.

As a pitcher's dad, I love the BBCOR. He loved pitching against them all summer b/c he knew he could pitch inside with out giving up a homer off the handles. It also has made the slider more effective b/c the bloop hits are far and few in between.

As a hitter's dad, it makes me love the idea that you have to hit and run, bunt and run and be able to hit to all sides of the field. You either can hit and you will continue to do so with success, or you can't and you will struggle.

You are correct. That being said, most of the $250+ bats are very similar, and have good pop. It is just a fact that the sweet spot is about 1/2 of what it used to be.

My son hit a seed Tuesday night in a scrimmage that went through the mound and struck the pitcher in the upper torso. I know the young man from Center was glad that it came from the BBCOR version rather than the BESR version, which was the intentions of the bat in the first place. Safety of the players should come first, good hitters will still put up respectable numbers and continue to strike the ball hard.

I have done research as well as swung a few myself. Marucci and Rawlings seem to have the larger sweet spots and resemble the old BESR bats te most. The Omaha is rough, but the z1000s are good, as well as the EXOs.

If the kid is going to get drafted, then there is the explanation for the oppo HR.

I agree with you about the listed bats. From what I've seen, the Rip It is a pretty decent one, as well.