• Martinsville Pirates
    • Timpson Bears
    • Shelbyville Dragons
    • Joaquin Rams

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw on twitter that Cushing beat wells...so Joaquin will now catch Mount Enterprise or Cushing. Anyone have any info on the time and location of the bi district match ups?

Nice to see the Cush playing meaningful games late in a season. Granted, they probably should have beaten Wells and Mount the second time through in district play to sew up third, but this is good for the program and the school. I'll be pulling for my guys Saturday. They seem to have some momentum, so if they get to play Joaquin next week, you never know what might happen...

Nice to see the Cush playing meaningful games late in a season. Granted, they probably should have beaten Wells and Mount the second time through in district play to sew up third, but this is good for the program and the school. I'll be

pulling for my guys Saturday. They seem to have some momentum, so if they get to play

Joaquin next week, you never know what might

happen...

If they beat MT E I know what will happen but at least they would have made the playoffs. That's a big step in building something for the future.

Cushing beat Mount 51-48. So Joaquin will play Cushing in the 1st round

cushing is well coached and they got 2 or 3 kids that can play. Should be a good game.

Did anyone else notice the scalding Tenaha put on Dangerfield?

I agree that Joaquin should beat Cushing. Size inside will be too much for them to handle. Alto and Martinsville has the makings of a classic. If Alto shuts down the big kid from M'Ville, maybe double team him, they will win. That seems to be the key to stopping Martinsville, make the role players beat you.

I agree that Joaquin should beat Cushing. Size inside will be too much for them to handle. Alto and Martinsville has the makings of a classic. If Alto shuts down the big kid from M'Ville, maybe double team him, they will win. That seems to be the key to stopping Martinsville, make the role players beat you.

Agree on both. IF Joaquin pounds it inside they will be a tough out for anyone. Even if they dont Cushing will have their hands full keeping them off the offensive glass. If Joaquins shooter gets hot they also win. Cushing is in an up hill battle. Alto has the athletes to give Martinsville problems. They beat them 20+ at Alto and lost to them in the Tenaha Tourney. I think the time Martinsville did beat Alto the big kid had 40 + and they won by 2. Doubt if they had another kid in double digits.

Thanks. Not suprising, well besides it not being by about 40. Tenaha always has another gear once the playoffs start. Whats it called? Tradition or something?

I think the word you re looking for is experience. 4 of these kids have played in the drum. I think 2 started.

Pretty funny txfight picking us to lose to WS.

I think the word you re looking for is experience. 4 of these kids have played in the drum. I think 2 started.

Pretty funny txfight picking us to lose to WS.

I try to avoid predictions because im usually wrong but.... If WS beats Hul D, and i think they will, they will come back to earth against the Tigers. WS style of play is exactly the opposite style needed to hang with Tenaha. It seems that every team that attempts to get out and run doesnt fare to well. before buddy garrity chimes in. I have not seen WS just figured they like to push the ball because they are traditionally athletic and their scores seem to fall in the mid 70's most of the season.

I think Tenaha is very good but yes I do have west Sabine in an upset. Here's why; it's not a knock on Tenaha at all. But west Sabine shoots the ball very well. They can get out and run yes, but in the half court they can knock down shots as well. That's just my honest opinion. I think the winner of this one is in Tyler.