Sulpher Springs What Where You Thinking

101%

Maybe they were looking at the overall picture rather than the benefit of one talented young man. Not knocking the Turner family. Great coach and awesome son and football player. Neither of us know the reason for letting him go, therefore it's not our place to judge neither the district or the Turner's

turner left the football program in better shape then it was when he got there. He won games. His program produced NUMEROUS scholarship players. THe excuse I keep hearing....well...if he left it in better shape then why was there just one receiver that caught a varsity pass last year? Why wasnt there a QB coming into this year that had at least one varsity throw....blah blah blah....

turner stepped right into that situation at Springtown and has competed well and Logan is leading the state in ALL classifications in passing. His receivers are doing great too and will get college scout attention now that they are putting up great numbers.

Turner did what he was paid to do....run his program to produce quality, young men AND win games along the way. SUlphur Springs ISD showed everyone that pleasing the townfolks was MUCH more important then letting him do his job and do his job well.

3-4, scored 232 pts, given up 239 pts. Looks like office is humming but the defense is suffering.

The oddest thing I can remember he moved their stud safety (Kenon Clayton - I think) to middle linebacker against Texas High. The kid was undersized for the position and Texas High riddled the SS defense. To say the least, the move did not work at all.

Originally posted by orange80
Originally posted by 101%

Logan Turner, Commits to SMU. I heard his dad could coach as well.:rofl:

What is SMU thinking.

I hate to get this started but sometimes you have to call it what it is.

orange80,,,,,your just a fooool!

Clayton was far from undersized what he was like 6'3 190?? I've seen plenty of High School LB's smaller than that..I don't think anything SS would have done woulda stopped Texas High that game as was..so I guess it was worth a shot...

Turner is doing a good job at Springtown, he doesn't have NEAR the athletes or numbers he had at Sulphur and they play in a brutal district with 5A drop downs Fossil Ridge and Boswell along with a solid Birdville squad and always tough Azle...

He was 6'1" and about 180. Right now after two years of offseason in OU's program he is listed at 210.

6'1" and 180 is undersized for a LB, regardless of how many other LBs smaller than that there are in high school football (and I know there are many). They're all undersized too.

A 200# MLB couldl not get it done against Texas High two years ago. Dustin Earnst was 225 and I think Collins was about the same size before him. The Texas High fullback moved him out. May have not been because of his size, I apologize. It could have been in 1 week he did not know how to play the position.

I am not ragging on Clayton. He was a great player as evidenced in the fact he is a Land Thief.

My point is Turner moved him from S to MLB and in my opinion instead of being weak at MLB, the team was weaker at both MLB (with Clayton) and at S (without Clayton).

i jus checked out some history on Coach James Cameron in his coaching career in SS.... his record there was 57-15-1 in 6 years..... heres how his 6 years went

1989 (6-5, 4-1) 10-4A Co-Champion, Playoffs: Bi-District

1990 (8-3, 4-1) 15-4A Co-Champion, Playoffs: Bi-District

1991 (10-1, 5-0) 15-4A Champion, Playoffs: Bi-District

1992 (9-2-1, 4-0-1) 14-4A Co-Champion, Playoffs: Bi-District & Area

1993 (12-2, 4-1) 14-4A Champion, Playoffs: Bi-District, Area, Regional & Quarterfinals

1994 (12-2, 5-0) 14-4A Champion, Playoffs: Bi-District, Area, Regional & Quarterfinals