Canton Eagles

hogwash

Originally posted by nativetexan

It is obvious canton is much more displined than years past,it is good to see coach angel in canton, he has done wonders in gaining back respect.

I would like to second that. Nice job coach. The kids played with some tact this year.

Originally posted by too_easy_baby

they have alsolost alot of games, kinne took them two rounds deep his first year. I hate to say it but they they lose all talent next year besides bell and milton!

Ill third that congrats canton yall did good job this season cantons football team has took a big turn for the better good job coach angel

:thumbdown:To the fans at the Van vs. Canton game I agree that the canton team has improved in sportsmanship greatly. I did not think that the Van fans showed poor sportsmanship after the game with that prolonged celibration in the end-zone. What I observed it was like some kind of taughting cheer with the band and the players that did not stop for long after the canton players began leaving the field. Then a large group started singing another song that was directed at the canton fans and team to rub it in. Good sportsmanship is not just the team on the field it starts with the community showing some as well.

Originally posted by sghs83

:thumbdown: What I observed it was like some kind of taughting cheer with the band and the players that did not stop for long after the canton players began leaving the field. Then a large group started singing another song that was directed at the canton fans and team to rub it in. Good sportsmanship is not just the team on the field it starts with the community showing some as well.

I left at the end of the game, but I find that hard to believe. I think what you saw was the school song and they do that after every game.

Very poor when their fans sang O Christmas Tree - during our school song - Canton didn't sing TAPS to you guys. I guess that was what the school song is suppose to be. At least there wasn't a streaker darting through the band this year. Overall Van showed up to play - it'll be interesting to see how district turns out. Go Eagles!!!!!!

Originally posted by foreveraneagle

Very poor when their fans sang O Christmas Tree - during our school song - Canton didn't sing TAPS to you guys. I guess that was what the school song is suppose to be. At least there wasn't a streaker darting through the band this year. Overall Van showed up to play - it'll be interesting to see how district turns out. Go Eagles!!!!!!

See what a quality coach can do. His first year and Canton folks are already giving advice on sportmanship.

I can assure you that the end zone singing was not meant to be taunting of any sort. It was the usuall school song long with the "fatty" song/dance that they have done infront of the student section for years. Unfortunatley, the stands have gotten so crowded that the band had to be moved to the end zone.

I just wanted to say that I was very impressed with the Canton team and how they conducted themselves on the field. You guys have a wonderful coach in Coach Angel. He has done a great job.

This is the same celabration Van has done all year ,it is in no way ment to be mean or rude to the opposing team. please don't try to turn this into a bashing of van students.I realize loosing is not fun we have had our share but please don't pin your frustation on Vans celabration they mean no harm.

Cantonites please realize all the compliments about your team and coach are coming from Van people.We all see there has been huge improvments in your program and are proud for your program. Van students have done nothing wrong or different, this is the same celebration they have done for years . no one else has made any mention of our celebrations because they realize it is not taunting just happy kids!

I have seen poor sportmanship from Canton the past several years and earlier this year.

Perhaps the Canton fans would not have been so upset if the general admission was on Canton's side and not the visitors side.

Do any other schools have the general admission section in the visitors section?

Thats baloney Van does that dance/song after every home win. We play them every year and they do that when they win in the end zone. They are not making fun of anybody and Angel seems to be putting class into what was for the past 2 seasons a very classless canton team. I just wish it would have been the Kinnes and not Coach Angel and his group that got a slice of that humble pie Good Luck to both teams in the rest of the season.

I'm glad all the Van fans are happy now that they're back to beating Canton!The only reason the Van fans are complimenting Canton's character is because they are back to beating Canton again!If Kinne and Tuminello would have stayed,it wouldnt have even been a good game,Tuminello would have had the same field day he had last year against that soft secondary...neither Canton or Van are quality playoff teams this year so its really not that big of a deal,14-3a is a very weak district this year,but good luck in the playoffs!