Pattonville (Prairiland HS) - New Boston

nsualumni

There we go--Lets blame it on the umps.

Last week after game one it was the coaches fault for making poor decisions. And this is a coach that has 5-6 freshman starting- won district and has a great chance of advancing deep in playoffs

Let the kids play and handle the outcome with class

Doesnt Matter--Every team can gripe about calls every game Play the game and let the chips fall where they fall. I have never coached a game in 20 years where I feel the umpires cost me the game. Been mad at calls and complained about many of them but in the end there is always something you can point to from your own perspective- Coaching moves or player mistakes that was just as important

You can say what you want to about officials, it doesn't matter cause Coach Miller is a great coach and they will pull this one out.

New Boston has alot of young talent and Miller will lead them in the right direction.

Good luck to Coach Miller and the Lady Lions for the rest of the playoffs

Originally posted by whodat

There we go--Lets blame it on the umps.

Last week after game one it was the coaches fault for making poor decisions. And this is a coach that has 5-6 freshman starting- won district and has a great chance of advancing deep in playoffs

Let the kids play and handle the outcome with class

If this post was directed at me, I just asked if there were any comments about the umpires, never said anything about bad calls. I was at the game and heard a lot of complaining, from both sides, and the Coach made a few trips out to talk to them.

As far as last weeks game I don't recall blaming anyone specifically, go back and read the post. There were multiple errors as stated in the post.

Since the game has not been completed no one knows if the outcome will be affected.

Ultimately, I would like to see NB win since I usually root for this corner of the state, but I just like watching a good game.

There are good umpires and there are bad umpires. And as far as deciding a game, any umpire that makes a mistake can ultimately effect the outcome of any game. Are umpires going to make mistakes, yes. If umpires couldn't effect a game, then there would not be so much discussion right now about instant replay in professional baseball. It is much different, in my opion, for an umpire to make a mistake on a call in the field or a ball or a strike. Those things happen and are part of the game. However, when there is an umpire like the one in the field at this game, who makes 5 illegal pitch calls on a Senior pitcher who has probably been pitching since age 5, who this year I have yet to see this called on her at one game, it can make one wonder. Has it effected this game to this point? No. NB has ended up getting the outs anyway. My biggest concern in watching this guy, who obviously likes to put on a show, is having him behind the plate in Game 2. Not only was he calling illegal pitches, he was also the one to postpone the game right in the middle of the NB rally. Should the game have been postponed due to the lighting, yes. But it should have been called 30 -45 minutes earlier when the lightning started, not in the bottome of the 6th with 2 on and 1 out. Just another questionable call by the same umpire. It was lighning just as bad in the 3rd as it was the 6th. Just my opinion in viewing the game. Any of the good officials that I've witnessed you don't even realize they are involved in the game. There was no mistaking the umpire in the filed for this one, he made sure of that.