(13-1)Dayton vs (13-2)Sulphur Springs, Saturday 2PM, Alamodome, San Antonio

wildcat90

I agree, as an 06 grad and former player of SS these guys definately deserve better. We've done the best that we've had for long enough, time for an upgrade SSISD.

Remember that next time a bond is proposed for new sports facilities. All of these schools that have allowed us to use these superb indoor facilities had voters that agreed to a tax increase to pay for them. I believe most people believe our students deserve a place like this to practice but are too cheap to see it realized.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that next time a bond is proposed for new sports facilities. All of these schools that have allowed us to use these superb indoor facilities had voters that agreed to a tax increase to pay for them. I believe most people believe our students deserve a place like this to practice but are too cheap to see it realized.

They've done pretty darn good without all the ssissyfied indoor ####.

Hope SS dont go all hollywierd on us.

Just sayin.

I second that - the appreciation and the new facilities!!!!!

Again, the only way Sulphur Springs would ever get new facilities like the schools who have allowed us to use their's is to pass a bond to pay for it just as the other districts have done. What does that mean? :hmm: It means the registered voters in the Sulphur Springs school district must approve to have their taxes raised. What are the chances of that??? :hmm: I agree, :happy65: It is time that SS follows suit and builds an indoor practice facility, probably should go ahead and put down field turf at the stadium, even though the grounds crew at SS did a magnificent job all year long taking care of the stadium. :clap: I must add though, have you ever been to a soccer game at Gerald Prim in Feb??? Not the best looking field that time of year.

Back to my point,

SS kids wont have a "hollywierd" practice facility until the voting citizens of sulphur springs afford them

that oppertunity... :jawdrop:

I just want to say thanks to the support of the surrounding schools, the past 2 weeks Royce City, North Lamar and Greenville has opened their indoor facilities to us and allowed us to get quality practices in that we could not of had due to bad weather.

Hopefully this will set some ideas in motion for some new facilities in SS.

that is awesome. I can't wait to see new wrinkles implemented into the playbook. I remember on 4th and 13, we ran the PA bootleg fake and threw the ball to the tailback slipped out to the backside flat. RYoung was as open as you can get.

I looked at Daytons schedule and their defense has held teams to low scoring games for the most part. SS will move the ball. Tyrick had a LOT of time in the pocket last week, even when EHS blitz and stunted. The Dayton 2ndary will be key to their success. If they can cover the SS receivers, TY might get flushed out of the pocket, but that's OK===he has more moves than U-Haul. If the DHS 2ndary sends a blitz to manufacture pressure, that gives us man to man which is to our ADV.

that's my .02

All the SS players will be talking about this game once or twice a month until the day they die. If you are a player and you don't know what you have to give on Sat to win this game then you don't deserve to be State Champs. It's not about whom the fans think you are...or who your parents say you are...or what you think you are...or how great you think your team is. It's about how much of yourself you are going to give to your team on Sat at 2:00 PM. If you want something you've never had you have to give something you've never given.

Mark

SS 56 D 31

Could possibly be the best advice I've read in a long time. The whole town in behind you boys, leave it on the field!

They've done pretty darn good without all the ssissyfied indoor ####.

Hope SS dont go all hollywierd on us.

Just sayin.

Wow BigDaddy, how do you really feel? I don't believe having an indoor facility is sissyfied, it alows you to get quality practices in, not only for football, but baseball, softball, soccer, band, etc. It would benefit the students of SS greatly. Yes it lies on the back of the taxpayers, but the true trick is actually getting people out to vote for it. When you only have 3,000 out of the town to vote on these issues it will never get done.

I just want to say thanks to the support of the surrounding schools, the past 2 weeks Royce City, North Lamar and Greenville has opened their indoor facilities to us and allowed us to get quality practices in that we could not of had due to bad weather.

Hopefully this will set some ideas in motion for some new facilities in SS.

Glad we could help now go bring it home!!

Ok, heres a talk radio style post. A question and a comment! I was looking at the dayton roster on there website and only count 24. Does anybody know if thats what there bringing and if so do they make it into the second qtr without SS wearing them smooth out. I'm not saying this out of disrespect to the legion of purple ponies, but the great Everman was short on roster and short on stamina when it came to trying to keep up. Looks to me like the more two way players Dayton has the more that plays into the cats style. Just a thought.

I believe Rollison shows the State of Texas why he should have been the 1st Team All State QB. This guy is a stud, and will be out to prove it Saturday i think!! Good luck Sulphur Springs!!!

I think several SS players are gonna show why they should have been on the 1st or 2nd Team All State...but we dont need recognition from an AP All State team...GO GET EM CATS!

that is awesome. I can't wait to see new wrinkles implemented into the playbook. I remember on 4th and 13, we ran the PA bootleg fake and threw the ball to the tailback slipped out to the backside flat. RYoung was as open as you can get.

I looked at Daytons schedule and their defense has held teams to low scoring games for the most part. SS will move the ball. Tyrick had a LOT of time in the pocket last week, even when EHS blitz and stunted. The Dayton 2ndary will be key to their success. If they can cover the SS receivers, TY might get flushed out of the pocket, but that's OK===he has more moves than U-Haul. If the DHS 2ndary sends a blitz to manufacture pressure, that gives us man to man which is to our ADV.

that's my .02

Ok first off the coverage is going to depend on the pressure that Dayton brings... No matter who you are or what league you play in more than 5 secs off coverage and someone is wide open. Yea Everman brought people on blitz but they let Tyrik hold the ball for more than that and he found the open man... If Tyrik can see the coverage and get away from it he will complete passes all day... The big deal is deciding who you bring on the blitz because it has to be quick because SS does most of their throws on quick routes, where the blitz will barely play a factor... Unless, they blitz at the right time when they are going for a deep pass...

Could Sulphur Springs have one of the best offense's in High School Football History? Pretty impressive numbers.

These are national records from NFLHS.com:

MOST YARDS GAINED

Season

8,664 Stephenville, TX, 1998

8,588 Pine Bluff, AR, 1925 (16)

8,375 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (12)

7,411 Stephenville, TX, 1994 (16)

Sulphur Springs currently has 7,671 yards with one game left according to http://www.ssisd.net/athletics/2008football/notes.html.

Per Game Average - Season (Minimum 8 Games)

697.9 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (8,375/12)

555.0 CasaGrande, AZ, 1950

497.3 San Diego Morse, CA, 1990 (6,962/14)

492.5 Fort Thomas Highlands, KY, (7,391/15)

Sulphur Springs currently averages 511 per game.

Just food for thought.

Could Sulphur Springs have one of the best offense's in High School Football History? Pretty impressive numbers.

These are national records from NFLHS.com:

MOST YARDS GAINED

Season

8,664 Stephenville, TX, 1998

8,588 Pine Bluff, AR, 1925 (16)

8,375 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (12)

7,411 Stephenville, TX, 1994 (16)

Sulphur Springs currently has 7,671 yards with one game left according to http://www.ssisd.net/athletics/2008football/notes.html.

Per Game Average - Season (Minimum 8 Games)

697.9 Sugar Land, TX, 1953 (8,375/12)

555.0 CasaGrande, AZ, 1950

497.3 San Diego Morse, CA, 1990 (6,962/14)

492.5 Fort Thomas Highlands, KY, (7,391/15)

Sulphur Springs currently averages 511 per game.

Just food for thought.

Interesting post, BloodnGuts. If these numbers are accurate (or even close to accurate) it truly says something about our SS Wildcats. What makes this so sweet, is our guys posted these numbers against formidable competitors. These numbers weren’t handed over by playing weak defense after weak defense. The Wildcats fought for every inch of every yard.

SE Texas football is where all the magic is made and this weekend the Houston-area will show off their guns going against the other teams in HS State Finals matchups. As I have said on other sites, Dayton wins by a TD with the first team to 30 winning. I don't really care about will to win or any other Disney movie you can quote, the facts are the facts: Cody Green will be a player that we will be hearing a lot about on Saturdays to come and tomorrow he will show exactly why God blessed him with such talent and poise. I have nothing against Sulphur Springs other than the fact I heard they were the ones to pick San Antonio for the site to be played. If their running game is so god-awful good, I don't understand why 80 degree weather in the outdoors should be a concern? Plus, the game is for the players AND the fans. San Antonio the weekend before Christmas? Geez...Outdoor or in, Dayton wins in a shoot-out.

Oh...and I keep hearing about how small Dayton's roster is. Well, they don't bring the freshmen and JV along when they hit the playoffs like some teams still do AND Coach Stewart kicked 6 defensive starters off his team before the season began due to some potential criminal issues AND Dayton still made it to the State Finals. Don't question the heart of the team due to their size. From what I can have seen this year, they are all heart.

And if I hear one more HS blogger try and justify why it is so important to have indoor facilities for HS football players to practice in, then I am going to start investing in Chinese Rosetta Stone programming because the next generation will just hand us over to China for some Indian Blankets and a Wii with that kind of backbone.

treason.jpg

SE Texas football is where all the magic is made and this weekend the Houston-area will show off their guns going against the other teams in HS State Finals matchups. As I have said on other sites, Dayton wins by a TD with the first team to 30 winning. I don't really care about will to win or any other Disney movie you can quote, the facts are the facts: Cody Green will be a player that we will be hearing a lot about on Saturdays to come and tomorrow he will show exactly why God blessed him with such talent and poise. I have nothing against Sulphur Springs other than the fact I heard they were the ones to pick San Antonio for the site to be played. If their running game is so god-awful good, I don't understand why 80 degree weather in the outdoors should be a concern? Plus, the game is for the players AND the fans. San Antonio the weekend before Christmas? Geez...Outdoor or in, Dayton wins in a shoot-out.

Oh...and I keep hearing about how small Dayton's roster is. Well, they don't bring the freshmen and JV along when they hit the playoffs like some teams still do AND Coach Stewart kicked 6 defensive starters off his team before the season began due to some potential criminal issues AND Dayton still made it to the State Finals. Don't question the heart of the team due to their size. From what I can have seen this year, they are all heart.

And if I hear one more HS blogger try and justify why it is so important to have indoor facilities for HS football players to practice in, then I am going to start investing in Chinese Rosetta Stone programming because the next generation will just hand us over to China for some Indian Blankets and a Wii with that kind of backbone.

Geesh Robert, somebody wizz in your gumbo? Your a bit high strung! Nobody has questioned your teams heart. In fact I said in an earlier post that they have to be good to have gotten this far. I also applaud your coach for standing up for whats right before the season. The facts about your JV claim however are way off. SS has 47 players listed on there vasity roster. That does not include the JV and freshmen that will make the trip. In that group there is one sophmore and he is the kicker. So when someone questions the size of the Dayton roster it isn't a slap in the face, its a legitamate question. SS is the best in the state at using a small roster against there opponent. Just ask Everman! They were absolute studs who were gasping for air by half. As far as where we picked to play, I would think it would be no problem with all that horsepower.

Now as a tribute to you and your "Disney" request. We'll see you somewhere out there (San Antonio) when we arrive on our magic Carpets, so get ready for a beauty of a beast in the wildcats and in the christmas spirit, God bless us one and all!

Everybody on both sides have a safe trip and Robert please get some sleep!

smoaky_pic_56.jpg

SS's running game is god-aweful good, but their passing game is even better. Playing in a dome = no wind, no rain.... advantage SS. And as for your statement about the first team to 30 wins..... SS will blow by the 30 point mark pretty early.

And why would Dayton not want to bring the freshmen and JV along with them? It would be a great experience for them to be on the sideline and experience playoff/championship football. Maybe Dayton ISD can't afford it?

Not wanting an indoor practice facility is about as dumb as not wanting to improve the streets in your town. It adds value to the program and it is something the players/coaches/fans can be proud of. In east texas - Kilgore, Texas High, Lufkin (I think) have one and Tatum will be getting one soon. All of those teams won a state championship prior to getting one.... so Dayton probably doesn't have to worry about it for a while.

Tick-tock Tick-tock................................Get ready wildcats! Don't say I didn't warn you!

y'alls stampede was little more than a speedbump. now, after talkin smack all week=========you, rollinac, and 7mary3

EAT YOUR CROW, SHUT YOUR MOUTH, AND DISAPPEAR BACK TO YOUR TRAILERPARK IN BROKEBACK BRONCO GAYTON!

y'alls stampede was little more than a speedbump. now, after talkin smack all week=========you, rollinac, and 7mary3

EAT YOUR CROW, SHUT YOUR MOUTH, AND DISAPPEAR BACK TO YOUR TRAILERPARK IN BROKEBACK BRONCO GAYTON!

Take the higher road boss, it's less traveled!