White Spanish teacher quits gig due to white supremacy — forgets where Spain is located

Monte1076

This is what CRT and Antiracism get you.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/white-spanish-teacher-quits-gig-due-to-white-supremacy-forgets-where-spain-is-located/

“Learning Spanish from a white woman … I wish I could go back and tell my students not to learn power or correctness from this white woman. I would tell them to stand in their own power. White isn’t right,” Bridges told those in attendance.

Of course, there’s should be absolutely nothing wrong with learning Spanish from a white person … given that Spanish is a European language.

[Bridges] questioned her “Latinx” students for their use of the identifier “Hispanic.” They told her that was the term she used, and she told them it was “the colonizers’ term,” and that they shouldn’t use it because they weren’t from Spain.

“They were middle schoolers,” she said, “and not sure what to make of my words at the time.” Then she stopped teaching Spanish. It was more important to Bridges that the right race of person teach Spanish than she retain the job she had spent so much time getting qualified to do.

In another session (with Bridges in attendance), a Southern Connecticut State professor proclaimed it’d be best if white teachers would teach only in white schools: “The lane that white women and white folks in general need to be in right now is talking to other folks about white supremacy. Um, so, I think, fer sher …”

And this woman is working on a Ph.D.

Yikes.

https://thepostmillennial.com/white-spanish-teacher-cancels-herself-because-white-isnt-right

27 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

PhD= “🐂💩 Piled higher & Deeper.”

What's ironic many that learned Spanish in Latin American or South American countries can't pass a Spanish Test.  They learn the dialects of their home countries, and not true Spanish.  I can see in the near future that Public Services that require a true Spanish test will change them.  I don't understand their problem with this, because 90% of Hispanics don't like being called Latinx.  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Over-90-of-Hispanics-and-Latinos-don-t-like-to-15899232.php

[Bridges] questioned her “Latinx” students for their use of the identifier “Hispanic.” They told her that was the term she used, and she told them it was “the colonizers’ term,” and that they shouldn’t use it because they weren’t from Spain.

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

[Bridges] questioned her “Latinx” students for their use of the identifier “Hispanic.” They told her that was the term she used, and she told them it was “the colonizers’ term,” and that they shouldn’t use it because they weren’t from Spain.

That lady would really be offended by this:

• LOL! 1