• Longview in a close one
    • Longview in a blowout
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blowout

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longview center snapped ball over kickers head and kicker tried to run it but fumbled. Marshall scored. Then marshall threw a deep ball and scored as well. But third quarter hasnt been kind to marshall 3 fumbles and 1 interception. They have held Longview to two field goals.

this game really could have seen longview score over 60 if they didn't kneel down at end of game and longviews playing calliing which kept marshall in the game.longview could have ran for 600 yards in this game if they wanted to. no offense to marshall, but if longview would have just run the ball they could have scored every possesion they had.marshall has decent team but no defense.

Congrats to the Lobos on making the Mavs pay for all the turnovers...AGAIN this year. Yall did what you had to do to win and we didnt. One of these years we will show up and play yall a 4 quarter football game. Gettin real tired of giving yall all you want for a half, or 3 quarters only to throw it all away in the end.

Lobofan,

Sure the Lobos ran for 340 yards, but how many of those yards came after the Mav defense (the same Mav defense that responded to a quick 20 point deficit by locking down the Lobos in the 1st half, or did you forget about that) stayed on the field almost the entire 3rd quarter? Im just sayin. Once again, congrats.

Congrats to the Lobos on making the Mavs pay for all the turnovers...AGAIN this year. Yall did what you had to do to win and we didnt. One of these years we will show up and play yall a 4 quarter football game. Gettin real tired of giving yall all you want for a half, or 3 quarters only to throw it all away in the end.

Lobofan,

Sure the Lobos ran for 340 yards, but how many of those yards came after the Mav defense (the same Mav defense that responded to a quick 20 point deficit by locking down the Lobos in the 1st half, or did you forget about that) stayed on the field almost the entire 3rd quarter? Im just sayin. Once again, congrats.

locking down?... there was some defense i'll agree but longview practically handed you 6 on the botched punt. Not to mention Longview was STILL winning at the half. What you may call 1 point is what I call enough to make one team a winner and the other the loser.

locking down?... there was some defense i'll agree but longview practically handed you 6 on the botched punt. Not to mention Longview was STILL winning at the half. What you may call 1 point is what I call enough to make one team a winner and the other the loser.

I dont think any TD scored on that lobo defense is handed to them. They are stiff on any side of the field and have shut their opponents out the last 2 weeks(including SS). Marshall drove the field almost every possession when they weren't turning it over. That was the only thing keeping them in the game and it gave the defense time to rest. Once the turnovers started it went downhill. Minus 5 in turnovers to a team like Longview and you still only lose by 17 and put up 30 on them isnt too shabby. You can say the last TD was against some 2nd team players, but Marshall already proved they could score no matter who was on the field if they held onto the ball. Marshall was without their top RB the entire second half, I just hope its nothing serious. We are no doubt a more explosive offense with him on the field, and will need him against TH next week.

I dont think any TD scored on that lobo defense is handed to them. They are stiff on any side of the field and have shut their opponents out the last 2 weeks(including SS). Marshall drove the field almost every possession when they weren't turning it over. That was the only thing keeping them in the game and it gave the defense time to rest. Once the turnovers started it went downhill. Minus 5 in turnovers to a team like Longview and you still only lose by 17 and put up 30 on them isnt too shabby. You can say the last TD was against some 2nd team players, but Marshall already proved they could score no matter who was on the field if they held onto the ball. Marshall was without their top RB the entire second half, I just hope its nothing serious. We are no doubt a more explosive offense with him on the field, and will need him against TH next week.

Congrats on the win, but last night was another example of why we will have problems in the playoffs against teams that would smoke Marshall. Not a knock on Marshall. but a commentary about Longviews up and down offense and defense, and questionable play calling. A really good trapping team would hurt us. These aint the Guyers and Travis's we're playing.