41 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Eustace
    • Van

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Eustace offense is gonna be alot for Van to stop.Also think teams might be looking to see who they match up with in playoffs.Sometimes a loss=a win down the road.

If Wills Point & Kemp held them to 21 points I like Van's chances of holding them to under that total if Van's offense doesn't turn the ball over.

I don't think a loss = a win down the road. The loser I believe gets Farmersville who won their district. Although, if you get by Farmersville the second round opponent may be the easier than Pitt. From what I've read here is the breakdown assuming Argyle and Pitt win their districts.

Div.II Reg. II

(9C) Argyle vs (10R) Van Alstyne

(11C) Lake Worth vs (12R) Ferris

(13C) Farmersville vs (14R) Eustace or Van

BYE vs (16R) Pleasant Grove

(9R) Celina vs (10C) Paris

(11R) Dallas Madison vs (12C) Kennedale

(13R) Quinlan Ford or Nevada Community vs (14C) Van or Eustace

BYE vs (16C) Pittsburg

i dont think the van kids or coaches will give away a game for playoff seeding. but i think who ever van plays in the first round will have a hard time trying to score on the defense and it looks like vans offense might of fixed them self a little bit. taking van in this one 34-0

a loss = Farmersville. That will probably be one and done for either Van or Eustace. Therefore they need to win this game. A loss will not be a win as for as playoff seedings this time.

I think you may be giving Farmersville a little too much credit. I dont know though, they ARE in a powerhouse district like Van and Eustace. If Van keeps making improvements to their offense, I like their chances against Farmersville, because their defense is good enough to keep them in the game. It looks like PG is a better 2nd round opponent than Pitt. I really dont think either of these coaching staffs would throw a game to get a better playoff opponent, but you never know. I bet Eustace will come out fired up after getting their tail kicked by Van in the finale last year.

If Wills Point & Kemp held them to 21 points I like Van's chances of holding them to under that total if Van's offense doesn't turn the ball over.

I don't think a loss = a win down the road. The loser I believe gets Farmersville who won their district. Although, if you get by Farmersville the second round opponent may be the easier than Pitt. From what I've read here is the breakdown assuming Argyle and Pitt win their districts.

Div.II Reg. II

(9C) Argyle vs (10R) Van Alstyne

(11C) Lake Worth vs (12R) Ferris

(13C) Farmersville vs (14R) Eustace or Van

BYE vs (16R) Pleasant Grove

(9R) Celina vs (10C) Paris

(11R) Dallas Madison vs (12C) Kennedale

(13R) Quinlan Ford or Nevada Community vs (14C) Van or Eustace

BYE vs (16C) Pittsburg

Dude, Kemp held Van to 0 into double overtime. And Mineola held Van to 13 until the end of the game. And if you remember, Wills Point beat y'all just like they beat Eustace.

Dude, Kemp held Van to 0 into double overtime. And Mineola held Van to 13 until the end of the game. And if you remember, Wills Point beat y'all just like they beat Eustace.

WP is a balanced offense though. How many pass attempts does Eustace average a game? That could be their downfall. Van's defensive line is very good, as are their linebackers. If I recall correctly, Eustace came into this game last year thinking they had a chance too, and we saw how that worked out for them. If I were you, I would be more worried about practice and preparing for the game than posting on the internet.

I'm not saying Van or Eustace players or coaches would throw a game,but I do believe the coaches would look ahead to the playoffs to see who they might match up better with.And if they were looking ahead they might rest some of their starters say after halftime.

Gotta go with Van, 24-14. The defense is lock-down, and the offense is getting better every game. If their running back is well, that helps even more. And by the way, I don't know about Eustace, but I would be freaking SHOCKED if Van played to lose for a better play-off opponent. When Van steps on the battlefield, they are there to win! No mercy, no prisoners, kick butt and take names. That sort of thing.

Van's DEF. is very good, I think they will handle the Eustace running attack because that's all they have. All they will have to do is contain on the edges and force everything down the middle.

If Rabe is back and healthy then Van's OFF. will be off and running against Eustace's DEF.

Van wins.

WP is a balanced offense though. How many pass attempts does Eustace average a game? That could be their downfall. Van's defensive line is very good, as are their linebackers. If I recall correctly, Eustace came into this game last year thinking they had a chance too, and we saw how that worked out for them. If I were you, I would be more worried about practice and preparing for the game than posting on the internet.

But do you not look at Eustace's offensive line? Or their backs for that matter? Eustace doesn't need to pass to get points. They are a running, smash-mouth offense. There aren't many defenses that stop Eustace's offense. Wills Point was definitely the only defense that successfully stopped the Eustace offense. And as for last year, did you know that Eustace pulled all of their starters out after their fullback got hurt? All they cared about last year was making the playoffs. This year, they are completely ready for Van's defense. So it's Van's defense vs. Eustace's offense. I'm guessing it's gonna come down to Eustace's defense or Van's offense getting better.

I'd Like to hear from Canton or WillsPoint who they think will take this one since they have good insight having played both teams. Im gonna take Van 42-14

Field conditions at WP were basically the same during both games...MUDDY. Van used M. Terry as their running back for most of the game, and I think Chase Raibe (sp) only carried the ball a couple of times. Yet, he carried the load vs Canton, so I don't know what that was all about. I said that if Van's offense ran the ball, they could beat Canton, and they did. Eustace did a good job of running the ball vs WP, for the first half, and were VERY effective with the counters and traps. WP's safeties were both banged up and 1 only played about 4-5 plays, so it's hard to compare the offenses. My opinion is that they are very similar and equally effective...... So defense may be the difference, and I have to give the edge to Van..... My guess for the final score: Eustace 28, Van 35 because I like the linebacker from Van.

Van's defense is the best in the district.....hands down. Van wins by 14

Hands down? Vision the Wills Point Tigers with their hands on the gold ball that says "District Champions". Wills point has held every team below their offensive average point totals. You just don't like Wills Point.