(13-0) Corrigan Camden vs. (13-0) Waskom

CCbulldog

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Def agree Waskom is not a Cinderella story 2 elite 8 teams if ppl wanna see a true Cinderella they should go check out gladewater! I'm not gone talk smack this go around becuz it's finally 2 dominant teams goin head to head no Cinderella season for either of these teams

I agree, either way this game goes will not be a surprise to me. Gonna be an absolute slug fest. I just hope when the smoke clears the dogs are on top! If Corrigan gets 2 stops and don't give up the big play I see this happening.

Seems like CC dosen't have a chance to hear everyone tell it. Apples to apples we beat HS worse than Waskom and in a playoff venue. I feel if we keep it close and keep the pressure on Waskom we will win, or if we jump out on them early since they have limited playoff expierence they will alter their game plan and may lose. Execution will be key for CC our style of grind football does not suffer penalties . good luck to both and congratulations to both for helping their communities to pull together and believe. That's what it's all about anyway. Go Dawgs. Looks like we were a little better than all those naysayers gave us credit!

Seems like CC dosen't have a chance to hear everyone tell it. Apples to apples we beat HS worse than Waskom and in a playoff venue. I feel if we keep it close and keep the pressure on Waskom we will win, or if we jump out on them early since they have limited playoff expierence they will alter their game plan and may lose. Execution will be key for CC our style of grind football does not suffer penalties . good luck to both and congratulations to both for helping their communities to pull together and believe. That's what it's all about anyway. Go Dawgs. Looks like we were a little better than all those naysayers gave us credit!

Hey I feel your pain. Waskom was picked third in their district. They have been told they would lose pretty much every week. Both teams are excellent and deserve much praise. As far as corrigan beating Hs worse... Congrats. Remember tho that waskom played hs in hs on a muddy grass field. This will be a very competitive game. I can't wait.

Defense wins championships, and regarless what the naysayers think, Waskom has one, just ask Rosebud-Lott & the Crawford faithful. When a lot of teams would have chocked in the second half, Waskom made adjustments and came out in held the Crawford crew to under 50 yards total offense and putting the game away. I truly believe that the HS game was the turning point for our game. Corrigan Camdens only hope is that we turn the ball over, something we don't do. Having no playoff experience for these kids, I feel is a plus, because they know not what to expect. Just get out there, execute & have fun doing what you're doing, and play EVERY down as though it is your last. The "12th Man" is growing, and we invite all hands in the area to come out and support the team of your choice (AS LONG AS THEY ARE WEARING MAROON & WHITE). Be PROUD by being LOUD!! :)

Long time reader, first time poster. I haven't been fortunate to see live games of either of these two teams but I've seen multiple game films on both! I believe Waskom has slightly more speed but CC has bigger size and strength on the line! On defense, I can't give a advantage to either team because both look good on film! I believe it will come down to turnovers,half time adjustments and which ever team has more stamina in the 4th quarter! No score prediction just I believe it will not be a blowout by either team, within 8-10 points! Haven't seen both teams last game film so I'm curious are both teams coming in healthy?

Defense wins championships, and regarless what the naysayers think, Waskom has one, just ask Rosebud-Lott & the Crawford faithful. When a lot of teams would have chocked in the second half, Waskom made adjustments and came out in held the Crawford crew to under 50 yards total offense and putting the game away. ...

Another (lesser) factor was that Crawford had to get out of the normal offensive ground and pound to try to catch up once Waskom got ahead a couple of scores and the time started to trickle away. So we started passing more, to try to score faster, and by that time Waskom knew that, and defended the pass, and voila, second half shutout. BUT the key factor here WAS the effective adjustments the Waskom staff made at halftime and the VERY good defensive team they had to work with ...

Another (lesser) factor was that Crawford had to get out of the normal offensive ground and pound to try to catch up once Waskom got ahead a couple of scores and the time started to trickle away. So we started passing more, to try to score faster, and by that time Waskom knew that, and defended the pass, and voila, second half shutout. BUT the key factor here WAS the effective adjustments the Waskom staff made at halftime and the VERY good defensive team they had to work with ...

Are you saying sir, that Crawford lost because Waskom coaches made better adjustments? Like I posted earlier, I haven't got to see game film yet!

Are you saying sir, that Crawford lost because Waskom coaches made better adjustments? Like I posted earlier, I haven't got to see game film yet!

Waskom made some adjustments at half time, they went to the huddle which they haven't done much this year,offense was the same except for the huddle. Crawford was really the toughest team we played this year up the middle, they shut down the FB until the fourth quarter, what they didn't shut down that hurt them was our QB getting the 3 and 4 yards on the option, it was hard to get anything outside also against Crawford.

This should be a great matchup. Both teams have great speed but Waskom has more team speed. While I think Corrigan is a better coached team given the previous years that Waskom had talent but failed to do anything with it, I think this years team has enough talent and too much team spead and has put it together well.

Corrigan will control the time of possession and I dont think Waskom will have as many big plays as CC can catch them as well. However, I do think Waskom will have one or two more big plays than CC. CC's best opportunity here is if Waskom turns the ball over but they havent really done that all year and I dont think CC will make them do it in this game. Niether team can really pass or defend the pass so it will come down to Coaching, big plays and turnovers. Cats by 7. 35-28

This should be a great matchup. Both teams have great speed but Waskom has more team speed. While I think Corrigan is a better coached team given the previous years that Waskom had talent but failed to do anything with it, I think this years team has enough talent and too much team spead and has put it together well.

Corrigan will control the time of possession and I dont think Waskom will have as many big plays as CC can catch them as well. However, I do think Waskom will have one or two more big plays than CC. CC's best opportunity here is if Waskom turns the ball over but they havent really done that all year and I dont think CC will make them do it in this game. Niether team can really pass or defend the pass so it will come down to Coaching, big plays and turnovers. Cats by 7. 35-28

Waskom is well coached, these set of coaches took over a program coming off 1-9 and 0-10 seasons. There was very little talent in high school and if it was it had a losing I don't have to come to practice attitude. Keeling started working with a group of 7 & 8th graders that are now 10 & 11th graders. His first season 3-7 second 5-5 third 7-3 before the forfeits and currently 13-0 . I don't think coaching is a issue it is the reason we are where we are... :)