Padilla Poll Coaches 2A DII All State Team

Ronster23

Congrats to the following Overton Mustangs for being named Padilla Poll Coaches 2A DII All-State Team:

1st Team
Matthew McPherson - Offensive Line
Jayden Edwards - Wide Receiver
Kash Fletcher - Linebacker
2nd Team
Vance Fletcher - Offensive Line
Isaiah Hawkins - Wide Receiver
Bryce Still - Quarterback
Honorable Mention
Rylan Holleman - Wide Receiver
Eathen Oates - Defensive Line
Justin Weir - Linebacker

ALL StateTeam.jpg

Congrats to these kids...but I've never understood Padilla Poll all-state lists. Don't know how you can call it an "All-State" list but only people who pay your subscription are eligible. Several teams across the state get left out of "the godfathers" list...

23 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Congrats to these kids...but I've never understood Padilla Poll all-state lists. Don't know how you can call it an "All-State" list but only people who pay your subscription are eligible. Several teams across the state get left out of "the godfathers" list...

Padilla all state teams have ZERO credibility.  It just quid pro quo scheme for him to get subscribers to his hack publication.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:30 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I mean its his publication so he can definitely call it what he chooses....its just a matter of how much stock you put into it...but congrats to those kids for the recognition regardless 

59 minutes ago, CrankyOldMan said:

Padilla all state teams have ZERO credibility.  It just quid pro quo scheme for him to get subscribers to his hack publication.  

It's kinda genius though lol...I respect the hustle 

44 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I mean its his publication so he can definitely call it what he chooses....its just a matter of how much stock you put into it...but congrats to those kids for the recognition regardless 

Agreed. I just see a lot of coaches sharing this stuff (as they should...always promote the kids!) but I think it has significantly less merit than other publications. I'd be embarrassed if I were a school that had 10 kids land on the "All-State" team and my team finished 4th in district play behind teams with 0 kids on the "All-State" teams!

Appreciate your response though @MattStepp. You guys do it the right way over at DCTF.

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Agreed. I just see a lot of coaches sharing this stuff (as they should...always promote the kids!) but I think it has significantly less merit than other publications. I'd be embarrassed if I were a school that had 10 kids land on the "All-State" team and my team finished 4th in district play behind teams with 0 kids on the "All-State" teams!

Appreciate your response though @MattStepp. You guys do it the right way over at DCTF.

I'd love for DCTF to do an all-state team but its a big lift with everything else we have going...hopefully we can get a sponsor to do one

• Thanks 1