Former Brahmas now teammates at Houston

I was on campus for Kevin Kolb's pro day workout in March and stayed to watch the first scrimmage of UH's spring drills which was done in conjunction with an NFL officiating clinic that included a few dozen college officials. The obvious defensive star of that scrimmage was Teric Williams #16 who intercepted two passes and returned one for a touchdown.

Later in the scrimmage #42 took a handoff and carried four tacklers for several yards before being wrestled down causing a huge amount of jawing from the offensive guys toward the defense. #42 was not listed on the roster. Several days later I learned that #42 is Jessie Harrison who transferred down as a walkon. All indications are that Harrison has really opened the eyes of Art Briles and staff and they have big plans for Harrison.

I am very proud of both Jessie and Teric. I am from Hughes Springs and I seen these guys play for three years. They will be one heck of a duo for offense and defense. Good luck guys, and good luck to the Brahmas on the upcoming season. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by hsfootballfan

I am very proud of both Jessie and Teric. I am from Hughes Springs and I seen these guys play for three years. They will be one heck of a duo for offense and defense. Good luck guys, and good luck to the Brahmas on the upcoming season. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She don't read smoaky. Ya don't have to be so hen pecked. Say what ya really want to say, which is to heck with them Brahmas. LOL.:whome:

I think Pree is supposed to be a starter, but I am not absolutely sure.

Also, Terrance Ganaway will be headed down there to enroll in summer classes and join the strength and conditioning program immediately after high school graduation. UH will be dripping with NE Texas football talent. I hope all of them enjoy much success!

Cody Pree will be a starting DL. He was honorable mention freshman all-american in 2005. He missed a few games in 2006 after being cheap-shotted by a Miami OL after a play was over. He missed the second half of the Miami game and also missed the Southern Miss game (both close losses). UH was actually undefeated in the regular season in games Pree was able to go. They beat USM handily in the conference championship game with Pree back in action. Pree sat out the spring because he had offseason shoulder surgery. His backup will be Isaiah Thompson from Tatum. Carson Blackmon from Tatum played a lot of special teams last year as a true freshman. He is a safety. Teric Williams will be in the mix at cornerback. Terrance Ganaway from DeKalb will most likely be a contributor as a true freshman. No plans for a redshirt for Terrance. Trent Allen from Spring Hill is a three year starter at inside LB.