2009 18-2A Baseball

etxbaseball26

Not something many from Union Grove have done.lol Or win many baseball games... Who said they were hit at home. I do believe the boys in green have hit 10 hrs already this year .. I don't think there is a field around that can hold a Brett Bolt homerun when he connects, or a Jackson McCurdy shot , or a Chase Jones shot. Those guys are some big strong young men

I believe Union Grove's field held a Brett Bolt "homerun" last year. It was a high popfly to centerfield.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Union Grove's field held a Brett Bolt "homerun" last year. It was a high popfly to centerfield.

lol. You may be right on that one, from what I have been told, he definately gets up under the ball too much. You don't happen to remember the score on that game do you??????????? The kid is a beast, and NO, THAT FIELD COULD NOT HOLD HIM IF HE CONNECTS.

One was hit at Pewitt's field which is not easy to hit one.

Pewitts field is not small, wasn't it also cold that night in Pewitt, the paper has that the Jones kid hit it. It also said that the Bolt kid and Jones hit Homeruns in Linden Kildare also, on very a very cold night. The ball doesn't carry very well on cold nights, unless they are really hit well.

Pewitts field is not small, wasn't it also cold that night in Pewitt, the paper has that the Jones kid hit it. It also said that the Bolt kid and Jones hit Homeruns in Linden Kildare also, on very a very cold night. The ball doesn't carry very well on cold nights, unless they are really hit well.

I can honeslty say ive never ever heard that before.

lol. You may be right on that one, from what I have been told, he definately gets up under the ball too much. You don't happen to remember the score on that game do you??????????? The kid is a beast, and NO, THAT FIELD COULD NOT HOLD HIM IF HE CONNECTS.

I actually don't think the score of that game was too bad. I think it was like 8 to 1 or something like that. lol

I know that Union Grove is not that good at baseball, nor I am implying that Harelton wouldn't hit any homeruns if they played on a bigger field. What I am mainly trying saying that UG's field is ridiculously BIG, and we would have a few homeruns if we played on a smaller field. I think over the past 6 years there have been like only 2 homeruns hit on our field.

I actually don't think the score of that game was too bad. I think it was like 8 to 1 or something like that. lol

I know that Union Grove is not that good at baseball, nor I am implying that Harelton wouldn't hit any homeruns if they played on a bigger field. What I am mainly trying saying that UG's field is ridiculously BIG, and we would have a few homeruns if we played on a smaller field. I think over the past 6 years there have been like only 2 homeruns hit on our field.

Kolton Knuckols hit one year before last.... way out there...

never played on ug's field but white oak's field isn't real friendly to the hitters either.. <_<

Yesterday New Diana beat DeKalb 14-4 I believe. They also tied Hughes Springs 7 to 7 in five innings.

Currently:: Bottom of the 3rd inning. Eagles lead the Hughes Springs Mustangs 2-1. ND scored by way of Fife and Hensley being batted in by other teammates. No home run for Kaleb.....YET!

JT Garrett just hit a 3 run homer in the Eagles 2nd game of thier double header. They are facing off against the DeKalb Bears and are currently leading by a score of 7 to 5. Jordan LeGrande and Ben Worley scored on Garrett's home run. Good job JT. Go Eagles!!!!

Unfortunately New Diana loses to DeKalb Bears. I'm not one to make excuses but ND played thier backups for the majority of the game so that everyone could get a good amount of PT in a non-crucial team that we've already beat by a considerable amount. Great job Eagles, keep your heads' up boys. Hats off to DeKalb on beating a very good ND ballclub.

FINAL

DeKalb 11

Diana 7

New Diana did not have a sub one in the game Phi. They played with the same line-up all weekend. Having said that, the starting pitcher for N.D. was cruising along pretty good until he took a line drive off his knee. After that N.D. had to go deep into their bullpen and thats what cost them the game. New Diana has a solid team and will make a good run in the playoffs, Dekalb has a solid team when #7 and #4 are on the mound and should make the playoffs and Hughes Springs is very young. All 3 teams are lucky to have the coaches they have. I have seen some 3a and 4a teams that are not nearly as well coached as these 3 teams are. Good Luck to all of them!

New Diana did not have a sub one in the game Phi. They played with the same line-up all weekend. Having said that, the starting pitcher for N.D. was cruising along pretty good until he took a line drive off his knee. After that N.D. had to go deep into their bullpen and thats what cost them the game. New Diana has a solid team and will make a good run in the playoffs, Dekalb has a solid team when #7 and #4 are on the mound and should make the playoffs and Hughes Springs is very young. All 3 teams are lucky to have the coaches they have. I have seen some 3a and 4a teams that are not nearly as well coached as these 3 teams are. Good Luck to all of them!

What?!?!?! Not a single sub??? Are you serious?? ND dug deep onto the bench, I'm not gonna say any names but alot of kids that might even be on JV got crucial playing time. I don't know what game you were watching. Also, the officiating was absolutely pathetic!!! Even the ND baseball manager who never makes excuses and is the most unbiased, to the point guy around stated after the DeKalb game "I'm pretty sure that was the worst umpire thats ever lived on this Earth. He would have called a better game if his eyes were gouged out"

With that said ND should finish off the remaining games in pre-district and hopefully bring home the hardware in the Edgewood tournament. I hope the mighty eagles can pull themselves back together after a fluke loss to DeKalb. Its tough getting a loss like that when you know you can probably put together an undefeated pre-district record. nonetheless, it doesn't count and I know the boys will be ready when district comes around. Go Eagles!!