Liberty Eylau(0-4) vs Argyle(3-0) in Sulphur Springs Week 5

regaleagle

I also think L-E is accustomed to playing a more high caliber schedule and then being able to make the playoffs in a tough district.  I would rate them as a  very good football team that is young and improving.  They have a very good offense but defensively they had no answer for Argyle except for the turnovers.  Argyle's D is very young too and it showed against a talented group of RB's tonight.  Argyle will need to learn how to play more as a unit ( playing together better) on defense......they aren't there yet.  

At this stage of the season in D-1 4A, IMHO Carthage probably has the best overall defense and Argyle probably has the best overall offense.  Argyle's offense is just a machine with so many playmakers and a couple of good throwing QB's to make it work with those 2 good RB's they have back there to keep defenses honest.  The front line for Argyle is young and good.....and fairly beefy also.

LE doesn't get a break......they will play La Vega next week before finally getting their Bye Week.  I hope their QB Roy is OK......he took some hard hits back there tonight and had to leave the game in the 4th.  He's a very good athlete and a gamer for sure.  They will need him for district play and in the playoffs.  IMO.....this team is definitely a playoff team.  Gilmer should be happy that they won't see LE until the last week in district play.......that will give them time to get their offense rolling better.  

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

LE doesn't get a break......they will play La Vega next week before finally getting their Bye Week.  I hope their QB Roy is OK......he took some hard hits back there tonight and had to leave the game in the 4th.  He's a very good athlete and a gamer for sure.  They will need him for district play and in the playoffs.  IMO.....this team is definitely a playoff team.  Gilmer should be happy that they won't see LE until the last week in district play.......that will give them time to get their offense rolling better.  

Liberty Eylau is not afraid to play anyone anywhere and push their team to the max. You have to give them a ton of credit for that and hanging tough last night.

Their schedule:

Arkansas High

Carthage

Texas High 

Atlanta

Argyle

La Vega

Spring Hill 

Pleasant Grove

Pittsburg

Gilmer

Saw a lot of heart from LE last night. Never gave up, just have to build off of what was done last night! Offensively they’re are not clicking, but when find they’re stride I think they’ll be fine. The athletes are always there. The defense has been on the field a lot this season. Big problem. 

• Like 1

Celina has some key players that are seniors and very very good football players this year. They also have some juniors that are really good too.  They will be a very formidable opponent for any team in the district and should go at least several rounds deep in the playoffs.  Their QB and main RB are seniors and so is their main receiver.  Some of them boys are playing both ways just because they are the best players at those positions.  They don't play both ways the whole game......but good parts of it.