Longview Vs Hallsville

lobo1982

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont fix it this late in the year. He is a very talented runner, but he's not a QB in the truest sense of the word. Ive seen sooooo many overthrown #### this year. And I mean overthrown in feet, not inches.

That's why I wish we would keep him a WR and throw McGee back there. He is by far the better QB of the two.

We do enough reverses where Aaron can still run it without catching it as well.

Guest surfsup

Honestly, I think Longview should run a Wildcat formation with McCray taking the snap, handing it off to Johnson, and letting him roll out until he either throws it or runs it. Or you could fake the handoff and let McCray run with it. There are many variations of this formation that would utilize Longview's speed much better than what they are doing.

LOBO'S WIN BIG OVER HALLSVILLE WHO ARE NOT THAT MUCH BEHIND LONGVIEW IN ENROLLMENT.

Here is the official numbers on Smoaky.

Here were the cutoff numbers from 2008-2009 (THESE WILL CHANGE)

Class 5-A (2,085 and up)

Class 4-A (980-2,084)

Longview (2,086.5) large enough to be 5a barely

Texas High (1,989)

Marshall (1,583)

Mount Pleasant (1,432)

Pine Tree (1,343)

Hallsville (1,232)

Sulphur Springs (1,130)

Your post got me to thinking so I looked up the enrollment numbers because it just did not sound right. If my math is correct then Longview is actually a 5a school this year and if you add the numbers up are a 4a + a huge 3a (see Gilmer or Carthage) school bigger than Hallsville. The actual numbers are 2086.5 - 1232 = 854.5 students larger than Hallsville. It would be like fielding a team made up of Hallsville + Carthage to equal Longview's numbers.

Longview is the largest team in district. Hallsville is the second smallest. I don't know how you get you reasoning on your quote above.

The enrollment number is close to 1000 students more in Longview vs. Hallsville as per the recent UIL numbers.

As for Longview East. Most kids attend Hallsville as a student athlete. That's why the enrollment numbers are up. Hallsville has a reputation for being the "BEST" school in east Texas for getting an education. If you dont believe that just look at the numbers and ask around your communities. We're extremely proud of our student atheletes and their accomplishments in the classroom and on the playing field!

so you are saying only the kids at hallsville are" student athletes" ? that's the exact attitude that makes people in longview kinda ticked off.it's that i'm better than you attitude. for a fact, longview has a much better educational program from elementary to high school.that comes from people who have moved kids from hallsville to longview(hudson pep). also, how do you explain longview high and district gaining actaully more students than hallsville this year. good luck hallsville!

Such stupidity on your part. I am not a Longview fan, but even I know what common sense is. I hope and pray that the

LOBO FOOTBALL TEAM REMEMBERS ALL THE CRYING HALLSVILLE DID IN BASEBALL, AND I HOPE LONGVIEW WILL SHOW

NO..NO..NO..MERCY.! BEAT THEM BAD SO THEY WILL QUIT CRYING WHEN THEY DON'T GET WHAT THEY WANT..BOO HOO!

Why dont you tell us how you really feel about Hallsville. :rant:

so you are saying only the kids at hallsville are" student athletes" ? that's the exact attitude that makes people in longview kinda ticked off.it's that i'm better than you attitude. for a fact, longview has a much better educational program from elementary to high school.that comes from people who have moved kids from hallsville to longview(hudson pep). also, how do you explain longview high and district gaining actaully more students than hallsville this year. good luck hallsville!

You're right. Everybody thinks Longview has horrible education standards. But in fact, it's one of the best in the state. Longview definitely offers more courses and college credits than any other school in the area. The truth is that 90% of people that attend Longview care about school and want to graduate. While the other 10% are the troublemakers that give LHS a bad name.

Guest surfsup

Don't let him offend you. Student athlete is what you say when you are about to get steam rolled. Hallsville=New Pine Tree

BTW I am offended by the Longview East comments because that implies that they are our equals. It needs to be more like this:

Gilmer=Longview North

Tatum=Longview South

I am just kidding around. I have a lot of respect for HISD, and I wish them continued academic success.

I am a Hallsville supporter that went to school at Longview way back in the day. I also see a whole lot of the kids come to where I work as engineers. BOTH schools are doing an excellent job with their honor students but after talking to them the Longview kids have more preparation than the Hallsville kids. I would think that is due to more advanced classes because Longview is so much larger than Hallsville and not giving their taxes to whichever school the state makes them. I would suspect that Hallsville will outscore Longview if you averaged out the whole student population. I think that is reflected in the exemplary,etc ranking of HISD schools.

Longview should be proud of their honor students and the preparation that they give them for college. But again this is an individual achievement too. Students will only do as well as the resources they have and the drive to academically achieve they possess. To say anything else is false.

Longview is a football hatchery. It has been for decades now. Hallsville is a good small 4a football school. They normally fight for a playoff spot in 4a. The addition of the established behemoth sized schools in our district will make it hard to compete for a championship in football at the district level. Hallsville will compete as best they can. I've already proven the point that if you took Hallsville and Carthage and added them together then you would have the base of Longview to choose football players from. Now that would be interesting.

You're right. Everybody thinks Longview has horrible education standards. But in fact, it's one of the best in the state. Longview definitely offers more courses and college credits than any other school in the area. The truth is that 90% of people that attend Longview care about school and want to graduate. While the other 10% are the troublemakers that give LHS a bad name.

Every school has that 10% that you speak of. However, since Longview is the largest school in this part of East Texas, their 10% gets most of the media coverage. \

Every school has that 10% that you speak of. However, since Longview is the largest school in this part of East Texas, their 10% gets most of the media coverage. \

The media is always like that. Why show people the good things that are happening, when they can show the few bad things that are going on?

Guest surfsup

Longview is massive compared to Tyler ISD.

Shaw was taken off by a stretcher to the hospital. I wasn't THAT close but from what I saw from the stands it looked like a helmet on knee. Last I heard was either broken leg or dislocated leg.

Wow, I would say this could turn into a good thing for the Lobo football offense, because that would mean more McCray. After the Marshall game I cant say that though. This kid impressed me just as much as McCray did, if not more. Tough news for the kid, AND Longviews offensive attack.

Shaw was taken off by a stretcher to the hospital. I wasn't THAT close but from what I saw from the stands it looked like a helmet on knee. Last I heard was either broken leg or dislocated leg.

I really hate to hear that. Is he a Sr? I wish him a speedy and full recovery.