Class 3A Playoff Pairings

Panther89

Probably don't have a bracket yet because so many teams are still playing seeding matches.

I know 15-3A has a play-in match for 3rd place and 16-3A has a seeding match to see who's going to be 2nd and 3rd. That's just 2 of the 8 districts in our region, so I'm sure they can't have a bracket yet. Probably will be Monday or Tuesday.

Here's the UIL link for brackets:

http://www.uiltexas.org/volleyball/playoff-brackets

Districts that haven't determined all seedings are missing, but it should fill up by Sunday. I did a bracket outlook last year when Paris and Spring Hill both had regional contenders (and both advanced to Commerce). Alas, both are down this year and my heart's not in it. I'll still follow the Lady Cats wherever they go but it's not much fun knowing a semi-pro team (Lovejoy) is out there waiting in regionals.

As I said previously, I expect Prosper, Lovejoy, and North Lamar to advance to regionals with Rains or perhaps Spring Hill or Paris to fill the remaining bracket spot. Prosper would get the survivor in one semifinal, while Lovejoy gets NL in the other. Lovejoy over Prosper in the final. At least, that's what the bracket should read.

Full UIL playoff bracket is now posted (although District 16 slots were missing as of this post):

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/brackets/volleyball/volleyball-3a.pdf

As far as District 15-16 matchups:

• Spring Hill has bye and plays winner of Crandall-Lindale in area round
  • Paris plays Gilmer Tuesday, 7 pm, at Mount Pleasant, and winner plays Emory Rains in area round
  • The two bracket survivors from above meet in quarters with winner advancing to regional tournament
  • North Lamar has bye and plays winner of Van-North Forney in area round
  • Pleasant Grove plays Henderson Tuesday (site TBA) and winner plays Kaufman in area round
  • Survivors from the above 2 brackets meet in quarters

Paris came from 2 down Tuesday in the bi-district match to beat Gilmer, 25-27, 17-25, 25-22, 25-10, 15-8. Paris advances to area round match Thursday back at Mount Pleasant vs. District 14 winner Emory Rains. 7:30 start. Paris beat themselves with 34 unforced errors in the first 2 games before rallying behind all-state senior middle blocker Andi Bawcum.

Have you seen them? Those girls are all stars from select clubs in the Dallas area who spare enough time from their club schedules to manhandle Class 3A. They could give lots of college teams a good challenge.

I was being sarcastic. I'm a Lovejoy parent. Yes I've seen them play lots of times. I take my daughters to watch them.

I was being sarcastic. I'm a Lovejoy parent. Yes I've seen them play lots of times. I take my daughters to watch them.

I figured you were. They're a fantastic team, in a league of their own, but it's discouraging for other teams in their region (even 2nd-ranked Argyle) knowing that no matter how hard they work at it, there's no way they can compete on that level. We have 1 girl who can afford to make the sacrifices to commute to DFW for club competition, and it does make a difference.

I figured you were. They're a fantastic team, in a league of their own, but it's discouraging for other teams in their region (even 2nd-ranked Argyle) knowing that no matter how hard they work at it, there's no way they can compete on that level. We have 1 girl who can afford to make the sacrifices to commute to DFW for club competition, and it does make a difference.

We will be 4A so 3A should be wide open again. If we win State that will be a record. No one has ever won four 3A championships in a row. Not bad considering this is our 4th year of varsity competition. I'm thinking about taking my girls down to San Marcus to watch. That is if we make it that far. Any one can be beat. The coach does a great job of keeping their heads screwed on straight and they are an amazing group of girls. I think the JV and Freshman also won district. The 7th and 8th grade teams might have gone undefeated. We had 73 girls try out for 30 spots on the 7th grade (A and B teams).

Good luck. I know Paris has come a long way in Volleyball the last few years.

I think Argyle is ranked 2nd and state and Prosper is either 7th or 9th depending on the poll. Region II has at least 3 top 10 teams and 11-3a has 2 in the top 10.

We will be 4A so 3A should be wide open again. If we win State that will be a record. No one has ever won three 3A championships in a row. Not bad considering this is our 4th year of varsity competition. I'm thinking about taking my girls down to San Marcus to watch. That is if we make it that far. Any one can be beat. The coach does a great job of keeping their heads screwed on straight and they are an amazing group of girls. I think the JV and Freshman also won district. The 7th and 8th grade teams might have gone undefeated. We had 73 girls try out for 30 spots on the 7th grade (A and B teams).

Good luck. I know Paris has come a long way in Volleyball the last few years.

We had our best team in school history last year. Lovejoy moving up to 4A offers a beam of hope, but it will take time to rebuild back to that state-contender level. Our girls are usually multi-sport athletes and can't concentrate on one sport.

I enjoy top-notch volleyball, but it's not a popular spectator attraction in Texas except in a few hot spots. Even if Paris were to make the regional tournament, there'd be just a few close friends and family in attendance (due to football playoffs that night). In fact, that may be the one thing we have in common with LJ. I noticed a small LJ turnout at last year's regional semi in Commerce when there was a football conflict that night. What LJ is on the verge of doing is phenomenal, but it won't get much notice outside the volleyball community.

Paris beat Emory Rains, 3-1, Tuesday to advance to regional quarters vs. Winner of Spring Hill-Lindale. Andi Bawcum (Rice recruit) is on fire right now and the team is feeding off her energy.

Do we know where Spring Hill and Lindale will be playing and when?

Spring Hill survived Lindale, 12-25, 25-16, 24-26, 25-17, 15-12, to advance and face Paris. No word yet on a date (either Monday or Tuesday), time, and place. Mount Pleasant would be halfway, but I doubt Spring Hill coach would agree to the location since Paris played both bi-district and area matches there. Maybe Emory Rains? Both schools should bring big crowds so I hope they don't decide on a small venue.