Mineola vs Pilot Point

gamewatcher63

PP has no two way starters....you can throw your assumption in the same bucket as the defensive stats..but you need to pay way attention to O - scoring avg based on Strength of Schedule...Correct me if I'm wrong ..Scoring 20 and beating #40 White Oak by 3 was your teams biggest win??

No two way starters? That's awesome.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a question..do you have a answer or just ribbit ribbit....??, oh my bad I see I am right... :)

Hey Wannabee while we are getting cozy..you have any Mineola stats you want to share???

Obviously you are not very rational. You made a statement and asked a question in the same sentence. I gave you an answer that told you I did not believe in Texas High School Stats. Too many variables. We are not getting cozy. You can keep your hands under your own blanket. No stats to share.

Our team has character. Our Coaches have character. I am sure yours do as well, and you have a lot of tradition. I can remember Pilot Point playing Groveton in the 80's. I have been around a while as well.

I am not going to get into what your coaches act like or what they say or how they dress, as they are all high class individuals. You obviously did not understand what our coaches were saying when you were eavesdropping.

So I will leave you with this. You have a very good football team, and you should be proud of them. Your puffed up arrogance only shows the type of character you lack and not what your team and coaches lack. I bet you never played a down of football past your junior year in high school and have worked in pp all of your life. The first time you went out of your county was a pretty big trip for you, and now you are so enthralled with putting other people down you have forgotten what this game is all about. You probably still talk about the good ole days because you don't have much in your future to look forward to. I got on this board to talk sports, not to see kids and teams beaten down by undergrown men. All of your posts are sinister and negative.

I am looking forward to Saturday and watching two really good teams play football. The best team will win. The coaches will coach their best, the players will play their best, and the fans will cheer their best. It will be a great experience for all involved.

ribbit

Obviously you are not very rational. You made a statement and asked a question in the same sentence. I gave you an answer that told you I did not believe in Texas High School Stats. Too many variables. We are not getting cozy. You can keep your hands under your own blanket. No stats to share.

Our team has character. Our Coaches have character. I am sure yours do as well, and you have a lot of tradition. I can remember Pilot Point playing Groveton in the 80's. I have been around a while as well.

I am not going to get into what your coaches act like or what they say or how they dress, as they are all high class individuals. You obviously did not understand what our coaches were saying when you were eavesdropping.

So I will leave you with this. You have a very good football team, and you should be proud of them. Your puffed up arrogance only shows the type of character you lack and not what your team and coaches lack. I bet you never played a down of football past your junior year in high school and have worked in pp all of your life. The first time you went out of your county was a pretty big trip for you, and now you are so enthralled with putting other people down you have forgotten what this game is all about. You probably still talk about the good ole days because you don't have much in your future to look forward to. I got on this board to talk sports, not to see kids and teams beaten down by undergrown men. All of your posts are sinister and negative.

I am looking forward to Saturday and watching two really good teams play football. The best team will win. The coaches will coach their best, the players will play their best, and the fans will cheer their best. It will be a great experience for all involved.

ribbit

Grew up in Texas City Home of 2 time State Champions.......played 9 years of F-ball.....moved to Pilot Point home of 3 time state champions ASAP after parents divorced..arrogance and confidence should not be confused....this stands at 18 point game...have a fun ride home Saturday, I'll keep the blankets warm :)

Thanks for the radio post. I had a few peeps ask about a broadcast. Now I gotta see if they will stream it online.

By the way, am I the only one that finds it amusing that the 5th place team in D5 is ranked higher than 1st place Minny? MaxPreps at its best..lol but they probably are better. The bright side for minny is they are young and will be really good next year, and dangerous the following year..assuming they have good talent in the 8th grade this year.

Thanks for the radio post. I had a few peeps ask about a broadcast. Now I gotta see if they will stream it online.

By the way, am I the only one that finds it amusing that the 5th place team in D5 is ranked higher than 1st place Minny? MaxPreps at its best..lol but they probably are better. The bright side for minny is they are young and will be really good next year, and dangerous the following year..assuming they have good talent in the 8th grade this year.

VA hammered S&S by 38..Gunter hammered S&S by 28.....Elysian Fields just got dumped by S&S.......Fields dumped Minny....This will be very hard pill to swallow for some.....but VA would have won D8

I hope this is not true, and Minny did not lead this 81st ranked team by 6 at half and only 6-3 late into the 4th...if this is the case......OMG....please tell me this is not so?

MINEOLA 21, HARMONY 10: HARMONY — Chantz Perkins scored on three short runs, and the Mineola Yellowjackets improved to 2-0 in district play (3-3 overall) with a 21-10 win over the Harmony Eagles.

After a scoreless first quarter, Perkins scored 25 seconds into the second stanza on a 5-yard run an Harmony trailed 6-0 at halftime.

Trevor Taylor put the Eagles on the board late in the third with a 37-yard field goal, but Perkins scored on runs of 4 and 5 yards late in the game.

Caleb Hart hauled in a 4-yard touchdown pass from Spencer Seahorn as time expired for Harmony to make the final 21-10.

Harmony (3-4, 1-1) will take on White Oak next Saturday at Pine Tree’s Pirate Stadium.

VA hammered S&S by 38..Gunter hammered S&S by 28.....Elysian Fields just got dumped by S&S.......Fields dumped Minny....This will be very hard pill to swallow for some.....but VA would have won D8

That's exactly why I find it amusing that some people think this will be a close game. Any of the top 5 would steamroll through Minnys district. I'm actually glad VA didn't make the playoffs..imo they are more dangerous than the Potts or Whites. It would have been a tough challenge for Potts, PP, or Whites to make it past VA a second time. In light of the accident in VA, I'm sure that took a toll on the team and would have affected thier performance in the playoffs..we will never know. I hope all in VA are doing well. We are still praying for those families involved in that accident.

Keep it coming, this is really fun watching ya'll trying to come up with reasons why Mineola has no chance against PP.

That's exactly why I find it amusing that some people think this will be a close game. Any of the top 5 would steamroll through Minnys district. I'm actually glad VA didn't make the playoffs..imo they are more dangerous than the Potts or Whites. It would have been a tough challenge for Potts, PP, or Whites to make it past VA a second time. In light of the accident in VA, I'm sure that took a toll on the team and would have affected thier performance in the playoffs..we will never know. I hope all in VA are doing well. We are still praying for those families involved in that accident.

There is no Clue even in the game section.....:),with what is fixing to hit them.....

No dog in the hunt, but comparing scores from games to scores from other games to week 1 back to week 8 will only leave you disappointed. Not an intelligent way to go about predicting high school football

No it's the only way........ this game stands at 18+..and will get out of hand fast..you mention predictions....give me yours for this game and what you base it on?

Don't have one, haven't seen either team play. Will be there Saturday though.

Bring a bag of popcorn and box of tissues! It'll start off entertaining and leave you feeling bad for Minny. I'll be hoping for a good game with both teams coming out playing well and leaving healthy. But, I dont see it happening. I see Minny getting pounded into the ground like a T-post. I hope their QB doesnt try to run too much. Hate to see him get crushed by the PP LB's. Like I said, fingers crossed for a good game..but I cant see how it'll be remotely close.