Big weekend for A&M.

WETSU

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's also not forget the Aggies had a years head start on this years class, aggie recruits or not a class in the top 10 for Texas is pretty amazing.

By the way none of you Aggies are going to report that you got a LB to flip. This kid is a Chavis style LB, huge signing.

Sumlin signed the number 9 class flipping multiple people in his first season... Can we please give it a rest with the head start excuse. A year is plenty of time to get to work on these kids. And Sumlin also replaced a DC and a OC in the last two years so there have been plenty of changes at A&M as well.

Ok I can give that a rest, so with the great classes I would think that getting worse every year with more of his recruits on campus it would be disappointing. But hey as you said SEC west title or it is a huge disappointment for you. At least your holding him accountable now.

You know what the difference in A&M not succeeding with their classes vs texas? A&M still is the 6TH best team in recruiting in their conference for players currently on campus. So in theory, yea their results have been expect. Texas is still EASILY the 1st place team in their conference for players currently on campus and still went 6-6 and haven't won anything meaningful in 5 years. Quit acting like A&M is bringing in Bama level talent and losing. They are still VERY thin on talent and depth compared to LSU, BAMA, Georgia, and Auburn. You act like one-two classes are enough to make a difference and A&M should be national champs or something... It takes 3-4 years of depth and talent stacking on top of each other to win the sec. This isn't little league football here dude. It takes more than 3 good players per teams to win games in this division.

This will be the third top ten recruiting class in a row. LSU finished out of the rankings, auburn was 8-5 and was beaten by Aggies at home. And beyond the top two classes, the next 10-12 are fairly close in talent, it is all about development. By the way while your going with your argument about Bama talent, check out the classes for Oregon and Ohio State.

What do oregon and OSU both have? Depth.

A&M has some talent, but no depth. You CANNOT win 10-11 games in the sec west without depth. It doesn't happen. Want to know what A&M won 11 in 2012? They had a veteran defense that was experienced and 2 deep in most places. They had FIVE first round players starting on offense and had the Lou Groza award winner at kicker. A&M had depth.... The last two seasons, there has been virtually no depth on defense and the starters were literally 18-19 year old freshman and sophomores going up against veteran teams like Ole Miss, Miss st, Bama, and Auburn. The sec is not a cake walk. I don't care what you think about them being overrated or whatever, only a fool would question how deep the sec west is and how hard it is to make it through it on top.

First the bowl season proved that the top teams in each conference are tough, not just SEC. If I am not mistaken that depth you are referring too that Oregon has came from 27, 26, 18, and 14 ranked classes

Ohio State has had top 10 classes.

As for your other theory, who's job was it to ensure the Aggies had depth? I have posted this before so your theory on that, is out the window. At some point and time your players must preform. Texas players did not Brown was fired, Sumlin's so far have not preformed. And those 5 draft choices, all recruited by Sherman.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2014/JAN14/DBJan23.html

My point is this, you are exactly right in your post saying SEC West title or disappointment. I agree. You have DC, DL coach. Sumlin has a great offensive mind and two 5 star qbs. It is time.

Every season Sumlin has had has been better than Sherman. And the sec move has made A&Ms schedule much tougher than it use to be. Its not as easy as just snapping your fingers and winning the sec.

What's going on with Sumlin is not even close to comparable to what happened with Mack Brown. Mack Brown had a decade of 10 win seasons and 10 straight years of top ten recruiting classes. The talent and depth on the texas roster was second to none. Sumlin has never come close to having the type of defensive talent on campus that Mack had. You're comparing two coaches who simply aren't comparable... If Sumlin goes 8-4 next season I'll agree is seat is warm. If he goes 8-4 in 2016 it's time to go. In 2015 A&M will be talented and semi deep. In 2016 A&M will be VERY talented, Deep, and experienced. So yes 2015 and 2016 are show me years for Sumlin.

As for oregon, they are just simply well coached in a great system. Im not saying top classes equals automatic wins and mediocre classes equals automatic mediocre results. But Oregon is an exeption to the averages, not something you can use for comparison.

Well there are only so many sec quality players to go around. <sarcasm>

It's just Sumlin has 14 commits that I know of with texas offers... 14 to 3. Big difference. So I wouldn't say texas has taken the state back just yet. The Malik commitment was big I'll agree, but it's still a ways from making texas the recruiting top dog right now.

Let em think that reality is not important to the horn posters on smoaky.

Feel free to post when he signs I will wait and laugh.

Reality is soso had an Ov to aTm and no showed. He has one scheduled to Texas but who knows if he shows or commits/signs.

Are you going to laugh at the kid because he signs a LOI to play football at the d1 level? Why would you do that?

It's just Sumlin has 14 commits that I know of with texas offers... 14 to 3. Big difference. So I wouldn't say texas has taken the state back just yet. The Malik commitment was big I'll agree, but it's still a ways from making texas the recruiting top dog right now.

Good for aTm!!! Top 10 classes the last couple years is really paying off.

Run the state

Wetsu you said Aggies didn't have depth, I posted where they retuned more starters than most all of SEC. Second time I have posted that exact thing, both times you glossed over it. Fact is Sumlin inherited a great group, proven by NFL draft. He then recruited great classes your theory is off. The teams you listed all returned less than aggie land, that was fact. Defensively the Aggies returned more than all but Georgia, and they didn't even play them.

Now you bring in the point that their record was better than Texas. Yes it was, but your sec now why continue to compare to sorry old Texas? Well the best reason to compare is the fact Aggies have been in reverse since they went to sec. Have to find some way to fight back.

you don't like it when facts are posted. It hurts your theories.

I glossed over it because you're wrong. There's no logical arguing with you... If I take the time to prove you wrong will you stop? Because I can do it but it's gonna take me a little time to pull the rosters of every team in the sec.

Seriously.... If I do it will you disappear? I'm not wasting my time if you won't.

And Texas fired a national championship coach for it

Sumlin is 28-11 over his 3 years. You can't look at this from a "getting worse every year" theory because he hasn't had his team completely yet. He inherited a senior heavy defense in year one and 5 first round offensive players. He had a great year 1 with those players. Year 2 and 3 he had to completely replace the majority of the defense due to graduation, injuries or expulsion. How is that so hard to grasp? Freshman RARELY make huge impacts. Sumlin is just now getting to the point where he can start aophmores and juniors on defense...

Sumlin is 28-11 over his 3 years. You can't look at this from a "getting worse every year" theory because he hasn't had his team completely yet. He inherited a senior heavy defense in year one and 5 first round offensive players. He had a great year 1 with those players. Year 2 and 3 he had to completely replace the majority of the defense due to graduation, injuries or expulsion. How is that so hard to grasp? Freshman RARELY make huge impacts. Sumlin is just now getting to the point where he can start aophmores and juniors on defense...

That record is propped up with wins against #### ooc teams.

So now this guy is lying? Ourlads lies, Steele lies. So they didn't return those 15 starters???!!! Fact is those guys the other schools recruited were playing at the same 18-19 age you claimed Aggies were.

How about this one does it lie? It is from SC game. Scroll to get lineups. This is what every team has to turn in to ncaa.

http://www.12thman.com//ViewContent.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27300&CONTENT_ID=960849

Look at who started by game 8 then get back to me... I don't need your cherry picked links to prove my point. In smarter than you. I know EXACTLY a what I saw during the season. I saw games 9-13 A&M start 6 true freshman and 1 sophmore on defense. I don't care what they turn into espn or whoever. I saw with my own two eyes the actual players on the field.

Freshman rarely make a difference. He had a redshirt freshman win the heisman

That record is propped up with wins against #### ooc teams.

Okay. You win. Strong is so much better than Sumlin. Sumlin has underachieved with national championship talent and first rounders all over the field. Strong has taken the misfit toys and turned them into the best defense this state has seen since 2008. Strong is far superior to Sumlin. Not even close really...

Freshman rarely make a difference. He had a redshirt freshman win the heisman[/quote

The key part is REDSHIRT.... Meaning he's been on campus for a whole season. Johnny went through two spring camps, two fall practices, and entire season before he played a snap for A&M. He also had a extremely experienced offense line with 3 first round picks on the line, the career reception leader in A&M history, a top 10 draft pick and possible rookie of the year at Wr, and a veteran defense behind him.