Gilmer vs. L.E.

metalhead10

FINAL

Gilmer 56

L.E. 12

What a joke of a game. I can't believe what has happened to L.E. All the players have left for all the other schools up there. L.E. has had athletes for Decades, but never had a coach that could put it together.

Oh Well.

Gilmer was smart, rested most of the starters that were hurt and/or just not needed in this game. 2nd string QB for Gilmer did OK, glad he got the chance. 2nd string RB for Gilmer did the same.

That being said, we did play a team that got beat by Spring Hill, so, take it for what it is.

I am just glad that I didn't see any Buckeyes get hurt.

North Lamar should be the same game plan........Rest starters with any kind of injuries, when the game gets out of hand in the second quarter, pull the starters in the third quarter.

Ok a few quick observations:

1. I don’t know what has happened to LE. I thought they would be 3rd in district this year, and now I don’t know if they’ll even make the playoffs. Tough to watch a team that has always had talent look so bad. 
2. Most impressive Gilmer players tonight were #14 Smith and #22 Butler. Smith has clearly shown the last 3 games he is a capable backup for Henderson at RB. That’s good because Gilmer has always relied upon a thunder and lightning tandem at RB. But Butler was really impressive tonight. He had been playing cb, but he played inside tonight. Made a bunch of tackles, ran to the ball really well, and had the speed to run down players when they bounced to the outside. Hopefully that continues. 

not much else to say. It was good to see Gilmer take care of business and put the game away in the first half.  First time that’s happened this year. 

1 minute ago, CasualObserver70 said:

1. I don’t know what has happened to LE. I thought they would be 3rd in district this year, and now I don’t know if they’ll even make the playoffs. Tough to watch a team that has always had talent look so bad. 
2. Most impressive Gilmer players tonight were #14 Smith and #22 Butler. Smith has clearly shown the last 3 games he is a capable backup for Henderson at RB. That’s good because Gilmer has always relied upon a thunder and lightning tandem at RB. But Butler was really impressive tonight. He had been playing cb, but he played inside tonight. Made a bunch of tackles, ran to the ball really well, and had the speed to run down players when they bounced to the outside. Hopefully that continues. 

not much else to say. It was good to see Gilmer take care of business and put the game away in the first half.  First time that’s happened this year. 

Head coach and district and campus leadership is a joke. Next question?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Agree with you.

Our backup QB and especially the RB did a good job.

I know exactly what is going on with L.E. and so does everyone else, so no need to discuss that. Sad too see a them in this state of decline.

7 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

I can't believe what has happened to L.E. All the players have left for all the other schools up there. L.E. has had athletes for Decades, but never had a coach that could put it together.

Ahem ... 2006 ... Coach Pat Brady. 

2 hours ago, 36gut said:

Ahem ... 2006 ... Coach Pat Brady. 

you are absolutely correct!!!

He put it together that year for sure!

L.E. has had athletes for at least a decade after that championship and never achieved as much success as I thought they could. All the way up to at least 2015 or so, they had some fantastic teams that always underachieved.

On 10/14/2023 at 8:35 AM, metalhead10 said:

you are absolutely correct!!!

He put it together that year for sure!

L.E. has had athletes for at least a decade after that championship and never achieved as much success as I thought they could. All the way up to at least 2015 or so, they had some fantastic teams that always underachieved.

Back to back 4th round losses to Argyle I think in 2014 and 2015. Those teams had it put together under Wells and lost heartbreaking games to Argyle back to back seasons

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

Back to back 4th round losses to Argyle I think in 2014 and 2015. Those teams had it put together under Wells and lost heartbreaking games to Argyle back to back seasons

Good points. Think that L.E. should have won it all in 2015, y`all had the talent to beat Argyle.