The Colts

i would say it isnt nearly as important as a superbowl win and thats what there chasing...trying to stay healthy for the playoffs i would imagine is the most important thing IMO

That's the same old tired talking points that they drag out every year at this time.....just how many super bowls has that attitude gotten them???

That's the same old tired talking points that they drag out every year at this time.....just how many super bowls has that attitude gotten them???

I don't like that stategy. Didn't work for the Cowboys in '07. You lose your edge. Much more important to be playing well when the playoffs start. I guess if you lost your starting QB in a meaningless game, all hell would break loose on the coach, but I still think you play em like they mean something.

I don't like the Colts. But their way of doing things must work some. They won a Super Bowl in 2006 doing the way they do. And they beat New England on the way to doing it. So that theory you have does not hold true.

Staying healthy is the most important thing this time of year. That is what happened with Dallas last year. Getting your momentum going is also vital.

how many SB trophies have the Pats won undefeated?

Irrelevant to this discussion since both the Patriots AND the Giants played all of their starters and gave it their all to try to win Game 16 of that season......The fact that the Giants went on to win the Super Bowl that season negates your argument here.....try again???

Irrelevant to this discussion since both the Patriots AND the Giants played all of their starters and gave it their all to try to win Game 16 of that season......The fact that the Giants went on to win the Super Bowl that season negates your argument here.....try again???

I dont think it negates it...I think the pressure of being undefeated played a part in the upset. Just my view but the media was bombarding the Pats with talks of being the best team ever and being unbeaten..that is all they heard...The Giants on the other hand were basically being told they had no chance and were just a road bump for a team who was a team of destiny.

So YOU can say it is negated, but that does not mean it is lol

I dont think it negates it...I think the pressure of being undefeated played a part in the upset. Just my view but the media was bombarding the Pats with talks of being the best team ever and being unbeaten..that is all they heard...The Giants on the other hand were basically being told they had no chance and were just a road bump for a team who was a team of destiny.

Ok...I thought you were going at it from the "rest them for the playoffs" angle.....good points, there..... :thumbsup:

It is amazing how every year there seems to be a NEW "best ever" team. The Colt's did not pull Peyton till about 5:30 left in 3rd quarter. They were ahead 15-10. The defense should have been able to hold off this Jets team. What's wrong with letting your backups get some field time with a small lead? It gives them a chance to get some rust off. Maybe it'll pay off in the playoffs if Peyton gets hurt. It's not like they are fighting to get in.

I was really pulling for the Colts to go undefeated and shut the Dolphins up. After today, I hope they get beat in the 1st round. Pathetic!

Don't worry they won't get beat in the first round because they don't play in the first round they have a bye. I wish they would have gone undefeated but would rather have the starters healthy for a Super Bowl Run.

other than the fact that the boys would've had to lose to the saints and not be in the big game, i was really hoping for an undefeated superbowl. that would've been something. as far as the colts go, i guess they put more priority on trying to win in the playoffs than go undefeated. i see both sides but i think keeping manning and some of the other starters safe would be important.

I hate that Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell got to decide how the season turned out. I also hate that when your starters are wanting to play you don't let them. As Herm Edwards said "You play to win the game". I love my team but it makes me sick. It was obvious that Peyton wanted to play. I can understand not wanting injuries right before playoffs but we had a chance to make history and we didnt. I'm glad that Peyton didn't air any dirty laundry on the field like favre did. Its a distraction

If I were a player on the Colts, I'd be miffed. I hate losing anyway, but the potential to take away what Don Shula did with the Dolphins would be priceless. The Dolphins had to give up a first round draft pick to the Colts for tampering with Shula, and signing him for the 1970 season, which the Colts ended up winning the Super Bowl. That was their last until 2006. If the Colts would have finished the season perfectly and won the Super Bowl, they would be better than the 72 Dolphins because they would have won more games in a season. That would be poetic justice to me. I don't think the Jets would have scored the defensive touchdown if Peyton was in the game. I think they let an opportunity slip through their hands.

I wonder what Vegas thought of the starters being pulled?

The Colts should have played their starters until (and If) they had a comfortable lead. It's going to be interesting to see if they can get the ball rolling again. Looking at the players sitting on the sidelines I wouldn't be so sure.

just another reason why pro football is my 3rd favorite...behind high school and college...you will never see starters sit unless the game is a blow out. pro football should be about winning...at all cost. i believe in rhythm, i believe in getting hot at the right time. which means i also believe in losing rhythm and fallling off at the wrong time. since the colts do in fact have manning, it's harder to say they will just blow it in the playoffs. but teams that win super bowls end the regular season on high notes...that is a fact.

I wonder what Vegas thought of the starters being pulled?

The Colts should have played their starters until (and If) they had a comfortable lead. It's going to be interesting to see if they can get the ball rolling again. Looking at the players sitting on the sidelines I wouldn't be so sure.

I bet Vegas is laughing all the way to the bank. I'm sure most people that bet on football had Indy winning that game. The odds that more people bet on NY is slim, unless they're from NY. Is there a need for any of the starters to play next week, except to prevent rust ? I can see sitting someone that has an injury that they've been playing with, but I'd play the starters at least through the first half. Winning against the Bills isn't going to accomplish much.