66 members have voted

1. 1. Arp vs New waverly Friday night TJC 8 pm

• Arp
    • New Waverly

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arp by 5 New Waverly won't have anything that DaingerField didn't.

I have to disagree with this. Was very impressed with New Waverly tonight. WOW Kountze was loaded and it was a very entertaining game but in the end I think it was as much Kountze losing their composure and the New Waverly coach certainly had his guys playing with composure. I say New Waverly wins this one.

New Waverly beat Kountze by 12 and Arp is not as good as Kountze. New Waverly by 10.

New Waverly is a great team. You can tell that they have been in Austin the past 2 years and they play very disciplined and composed. BUT they aren't great shooters and score the majority of their points in the paint. Tonight against Kountze they made one 3, and Kountze played like a team that had blown everyone out all year. Kountze was rattled down the stretch and took bad shots. Arp is a team that is used to playing close games, and can score various ways. New Waverly did a good job of getting Kountze's 2 best players in foul trouble as well. With saying all of that, Arp is going to have to keep New Waverly off the boards. That is what hurt us tonight, but Daingerfield had 3 guys around 6'5 with a 6'3 Division 1 football player thrown in there as well. This is going to be a great game with 2 great coaches. 4 state tournament appearances among the 2 coaches and each has played in a lot of big games. Get there early and get your popcorn ready.

New Waverly is a great team. You can tell that they have been in Austin the past 2 years and they play very disciplined and composed. BUT they aren't great shooters and score the majority of their points in the paint. Tonight against Kountze they made one 3, and Kountze played like a team that had blown everyone out all year. Kountze was rattled down the stretch and took bad shots. Arp is a team that is used to playing close games, and can score various ways. New Waverly did a good job of getting Kountze's 2 best players in foul trouble as well. With saying all of that, Arp is going to have to keep New Waverly off the boards. That is what hurt us tonight, but Daingerfield had 3 guys around 6'5 with a 6'3 Division 1 football player thrown in there as well. This is going to be a great game with 2 great coaches. 4 state tournament appearances among the 2 coaches and each has played in a lot of big games. Get there early and get your popcorn ready.

I'm not sure what was up with NW tonight. we usually shoot alot better than that, but, like you said, we aren't a "shooting team," but we can do pretty much everything else well. from what I've heard, Arp is good (obviously, or they wouldn't have advanced this far). Hopefully this next game is as exciting as the one against Kountze was tonight! Good luck Arp! Knock em dead, Dogs! 3rd times's a charm! :)

I have to disagree with this. Was very impressed with New Waverly tonight. WOW Kountze was loaded and it was a very entertaining game but in the end I think it was as much Kountze losing their composure and the New Waverly coach certainly had his guys playing with composure. I say New Waverly wins this one.

That's ok....... they both are dang good.... and the winner..... or loser.... both should be proud to have made it were they are.

I told yall a few days ago New Waverly or Kounts would have to deal with Arp. Arp is much better than anyone thought they would be. Arp won't quit and won't back down, you guys just learned last night just how dang good they really are. Win or lose it will be a good one. I wonder if NW will attempt to slow down the game or if they will try to run with Arp like DF did.

That's ok....... they both are dang good.... and the winner..... or loser.... both should be proud to have made it were they are.

I told yall a few days ago New Waverly or Kounts would have to deal with Arp. Arp is much better than anyone thought they would be. Arp won't quit and won't back down, you guys just learned last night just how dang good they really are. Win or lose it will be a good one. I wonder if NW will attempt to slow down the game or if they will try to run with Arp like DF did.

They're going to run. They have a great coach and it would be hard to try to slow it down against Arp and be successful. I know New Waverly gets a lot of heat on here for how they played against Sabine last year, but they felt that their best matchup was to get Sabine to play man to man. I believe the game Friday is going to be a lot like the Kountze/New Waverly game. I don't think it will be quite as high scoring as the Arp/Daingerfield game, but there are going to be athletes all over the floor once again.

I'm going with New Waverly because they beat Kountze,and because my Uncle Archie used to own a sawmill there!

I am going with New Waverly for the same reason, Hayseed's Uncle Archie used to own a sawmill there. Plus he is nearly always right and I agree with most of his predictions.

I am going with New Waverly for the same reason, Hayseed's Uncle Archie used to own a sawmill there. Plus he is nearly always right and I agree with most of his predictions.
'Cayugadad' i'm gonna make several copy's of this statement and give them to my wife and friends and post one on my office door!

Arp is back to form! They beat a very good Daingerfield team after trailing most of the game. As much as I'd love a rematch with NW for a chance to avenge last year's loss in the Regional Finals, I think Arp is gonna take it!

Arp vs. Sabine in the Finals! These two will be in the same district next year! WOW!