Evolution, Creationism, or both????

jasonattsu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. But I have always asked myself the question about dinosaurs being here first. It says that God created earth in 6 days and Adam was around on those days to name everything. But the legend always says there were no people around when Dinosaurs roamed the earth, just looking for facts...

I have to applaud you guys whom I respectfully call Smoaky's "deep thinkers." This type of discussion is just way over my head but I do enjoy reading your opinions. It reminds me of the Philosophy class I took in college. I didn't understand any of it from Day 1. When the prof asked us to prove that we existed my reply was, "I see me, therefore I am." Heck, it made sense to me. And I was darn glad to get that D at the end of the semester, too, considering that I was completely lost throughout the entire course!:updown:

You guys keep up the great thoughts. Except for a couple of you who fit in my category. ;)

I noticed in that essay that it must be an "understood" that there was no Oxygen on earth back then because oxygen would destroy any growth from these organic means. But then stated there was definately water or water vapor in the atmosphere.

Call me retarded, but I could have sworn that water's elemental make-up consists of 2-parts hydrogen and 1-part oxygen.

Are there other ways to create water, and if so, is it still called water.

I know that if you add an extra molecule of oxygen to H2O, it changes the make-up completely turning it from water into Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2).

Originally posted by Rob

Good point. But I have always asked myself the question about dinosaurs being here first. It says that God created earth in 6 days and Adam was around on those days to name everything. But the legend always says there were no people around when Dinosaurs roamed the earth, just looking for facts...

I've always wondered how long Gods days were.

I think we are an experiment/wager between two competing alien societies. The wager would be the time frame for us to figure out the origin of our existence, if and when we do, the loosing alien society has the nasty duty of wiping us out; the winner gets some really cool intergalactic space trophy....:w00t:

:cat:

oldsot- It's kinda funny but I have a similiar view. However, I think that the so called 'wager' was between God and Satan. In my vivid imagination I can picture God telling Satan, after Satan's rebellion and expulsion from Heaven, that He would create a lesser being than Satan and that He would allow that lesser being to have free will and an inherent sinful/wicked nature. God would also allow Satan to interact and dwell in the lesser beings' world and work against God, but that God would somehow provide a means (God's love) that would elevate this lesser being to a higher existence than Satan in the end. Satan has and will certainly continue to win some battles for men's souls, but God will ultimately win the war. Actually, He has already won the war but some just haven't accepted the outcome. Some day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord. Don't wait for that day because it will be too late. Do it now and begin building your reward in Heaven.

Originally posted by JPure

oldsot- It's kinda funny but I have a similiar view. However, I think that the so called 'wager' was between God and Satan.

It will be interesting to see what is on the other side....;)

:cat:

I looked hurriedly at the website, and decided that it was very similar to one that I mentioned in an earlier post-

answersingenesis.com

I am glad to see that there is more than one website supporting Biblical creationism.

I am glad to see that there is more than one website supporting Biblical creationism.

Yeah, there's a few.

If you believe in creationism, then you believe the Bible is true and therefore you believe that God has always been and always will be. He was not created. Now, I know that you were trying to set me up for something here, so fire away big boy!

Evolution is a fact. Now the means to which it happens is debated, along with half-truths of monkeys to humans.

I just don't understand the arguement. At all. Why does the side of the equation who involves God have to be devoid of all scientific logic, as well as any higher thinking? Why does it automatically mean that if you believe in evolution, you believe there was no involvement of any god in any way?

Personally, I think both need each other. God is supreme, right? God is omnipotent, knows all, has a plan, and basically is way way way smarter than any of us. Therefore, why would such a supreme existence choose to 'poof' things onto the earth, instead of letting things gradually change, preventing any immediate glitches or problems. I believe evolution of a simple life into a more complex one is how things got the way they are today. Did we come from apes? I don't know, I'm not a monkey's uncle. However, I do believe that whatever force it is out there pushed things along, and I also believe that what happens, happens for a reason, therefore if we came from apes, God intended it to be that way.

And don't take the bible literally, especially genesis. Six days in genesis is probably not six days of our own, God's been around forever, why would God's days be 24 hours when you're eternity? The bible says Adam lived to be, what, 800 plus years old? Our Roman calendar wasn't even thought of back then, and add on that thorough scientific study have shown that the highest age a body could likely reach, devoid of disease or other harmful stimulus, would be a little over 200 years (This is by memory, so if someone could post a link, it would help :)).

I won't accept that things are simple. I also won't accept that we could even begin to comprehend things. We're not supposed to know, I don't think, and this is just another way for God, or whoever, to incite debate which can lead to a more understanding and tolerant person. A person who turns the other cheek and loves his fellow man.

etfpktc- Evolution is a fact? Evolution involves, first of all, life from non-life and then relies on mutations from one organism to a more complex organism. There is a problem here. No observed mutation has ever gained in complexity or intelligence. Mutations decline in complexity/intelligence. This alone disproves evolution.

Secondly, if God said it was six days then it was six days, period. God did not say that to start debate. He said it to end the debate.

Good science is not against creation or the Bible. Actually, it supports the Bible. By good science I mean science that is not pre-wired and presupposed against the possibility of a God of intelligent design and creation.

checkout answersingenesis.org. There are some very interesting articles and discussions concerning everything that has been discussed on here.

etfpktc- Evolution is a fact? Evolution involves, first of all, life from non-life and then relies on mutations from one organism to a more complex organism. There is a problem here. No observed mutation has ever gained in complexity or intelligence. Mutations decline in complexity/intelligence. This alone disproves evolution.

Secondly, if God said it was six days then it was six days, period. God did not say that to start debate. He said it to end the debate.

Good science is not against creation or the Bible. Actually, it supports the Bible. By good science I mean science that is not pre-wired and presupposed against the possibility of a God of intelligent design and creation.

checkout answersingenesis.org. There are some very interesting articles and discussions concerning everything that has been discussed on here.

I guess that means since no man has ever seen God then he does not exsist?