All Big 12?

WETSU

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colt will be the All Big 12 QB. Earl will make it easily. Muck too. Ulatoski will probably be the LT and there will be several others.

Colt will be the All Big 12 QB. Earl will make it easily. Muck too. Ulatoski will probably be the LT and there will be several others.

Shipley is a lock.

Shipley is a lock.

Agreed on shipley and Thomas. I dont think Colt is the best in the big 12 though. The numbers tell a different story. He will win it and probably win the heisman too. I just think that even if the team is undefeated his numbers are just not good enough to win either award.

Agreed on shipley and Thomas. I dont think Colt is the best in the big 12 though. The numbers tell a different story. He will win it and probably win the heisman too. I just think that even if the team is undefeated his numbers are just not good enough to win either award.

Who else even deserves consideration at QB then? Colt is putting up great numbers again (only slightly worse completion % from last year) and he is undefeated.

Who else even deserves consideration at QB then? Colt is putting up great numbers again (only slightly worse completion % from last year) and he is undefeated.

1977 yards 15 td and 8 int are not exactly great numbers at this point of the season. The undefeated record is what really matters but IMO all conference selections should not go jsut to the players with the best records.

I think Reesings numbers are better but his play has struggled the last two weeks. Johnsons numbers are 2395 20 td and 3 int. He also has 6 rush tds... I know he plays for A&M but how can you argue that his numbers are not legit. I just dont think that the all conference selection should exclude guys with great seasons jsut because another player has a better record. I mean if we are going to do it that way lets just give the whole Texas team all big 12 lol

I mean when you look at it Texas really would be just as good with nearly any of their QBs on the roster. Its not like Colt has won those games for them. Now a Kansas team without Reesing or a A&M team without Johnson and you take away almost all he offense and neither of those teams can rely on their d.

1977 yards 15 td and 8 int are not exactly great numbers at this point of the season. The undefeated record is what really matters but IMO all conference selections should not go jsut to the players with the best records.

I think Reesings numbers are better but his play has struggled the last two weeks. Johnsons numbers are 2395 20 td and 3 int. He also has 6 rush tds... I know he plays for A&M but how can you argue that his numbers are not legit. I just dont think that the all conference selection should exclude guys with great seasons jsut because another player has a better record. I mean if we are going to do it that way lets just give the whole Texas team all big 12 lol

I mean when you look at it Texas really would be just as good with nearly any of their QBs on the roster. Its not like Colt has won those games for them. Now a Kansas team without Reesing or a A&M team without Johnson and you take away almost all he offense and neither of those teams can rely on their d.

I agree Johnson has some great numbers, but let's face it, the competition he has faced isn't nearly what Colt has faced. The Aggies are coming into the toughest part of there schedule, so lets see if he can keep his numbers up. If he does, then he defintely deserves at least a solid mention, if not he award.

Reesing, forget it. He was benched Saturday for his poor play recently. He had real good numbers, but there season has fallen apart and so have his numbers as the competition they face has improved over the early games.

I agree Johnson has some great numbers, but let's face it, the competition he has faced isn't nearly what Colt has faced. The Aggies are coming into the toughest part of there schedule, so lets see if he can keep his numbers up. If he does, then he defintely deserves at least a solid mention, if not he award.

Reesing, forget it. He was benched Saturday for his poor play recently. He had real good numbers, but there season has fallen apart and so have his numbers as the competition they face has improved over the early games.

Agreed about Reesing but the only tough games A&M has left is Texas and OU. And those are very tough games but even in A&M losses he has got his numbers. He wont throw for 350 and 4 tds against them but a 200 yard and 1 or 2 td game i think is not out of reach for him with the running game they have used this season. He plays very smart is the reason i think he will be ok. His completion % is only down because he throws the ball away alot. He will not force too many...

And the only team Texas has played that is better than any of A&MS is OU. One game does not make that much of a difference

I still find it laughable that the best logic people can use is "wins" when it comes to individual accolades. Football is a team game. You win and lose as a TEAM. Up until the OSU game, Colt McCoy had thrown at least one interception in EVERY game this year. If Colt played like he played for most of the year without the defensive domination that Texas has shown this year, no one would even be mentioning his name as a trophy candidate because Texas would have lost at least two games. It makes absolutely NO sense to reward the quarterback for playing on a team with a great defense and to punish quarterbacks who put up great numbers for teams that happen to have bad defenses.

To me, when you talk about individual awards you need to talk about INDIVIDUAL accomplishments. Texas being undefeated this year does not have a whole heck of a lot to do with Colt McCoy. They beat OU in SPITE of McCoy this year. I could argue the same thing for Tim Tebow...Florida has won a whole mess of games this year because of their defense, yet the media rewards the quarterback. It makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Why not reward a guy that plays on a decent-to-bad team that puts up league-leading numbers despite the talent around him? That would make too much sense I guess.

I agree Johnson has some great numbers, but let's face it, the competition he has faced isn't nearly what Colt has faced

Texas' non-conference schedule was more laughable than A&M's...both were pretty lame. The only real difference is OU, and Johnson will get his shot in a few weeks.

I still find it laughable that the best logic people can use is "wins" when it comes to individual accolades. Football is a team game. You win and lose as a TEAM. Up until the OSU game, Colt McCoy had thrown at least one interception in EVERY game this year. If Colt played like he played for most of the year without the defensive domination that Texas has shown this year, no one would even be mentioning his name as a trophy candidate because Texas would have lost at least two games. It makes absolutely NO sense to reward the quarterback for playing on a team with a great defense and to punish quarterbacks who put up great numbers for teams that happen to have bad defenses.

To me, when you talk about individual awards you need to talk about INDIVIDUAL accomplishments. Texas being undefeated this year does not have a whole heck of a lot to do with Colt McCoy. They beat OU in SPITE of McCoy this year. I could argue the same thing for Tim Tebow...Florida has won a whole mess of games this year because of their defense, yet the media rewards the quarterback. It makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Why not reward a guy that plays on a decent-to-bad team that puts up league-leading numbers despite the talent around him? That would make too much sense I guess.

:notworthy: My thoughts exactly... I also agree with the tebow statement. Its a joke when a guy can put up around 190 pass ypg and only throw for about 11 td but still be in the heisman talk.

Offense....McCoy; Shipley; Ulatoski

Defense....Houston; Muckelroy; Kindle; Sam Acho; Thomas; maybe one of the CBs

There is no QB in the league that can carry McCoy's shoes; phooey on the stats. He is the best QB in the Big 12 hands down. With Bradford out, it's Colt's position.

Wait until Mr. Johnson meets the Texas defense; it will be a night to forget; halloween all over again. My bet is his night goes worse that Zac Robinson's.

Offense....McCoy; Shipley; Ulatoski

Defense....Houston; Muckelroy; Kindle; Sam Acho; Thomas; maybe one of the CBs

There is no QB in the league that can carry McCoy's shoes; phooey on the stats. He is the best QB in the Big 12 hands down. With Bradford out, it's Colt's position.

Wait until Mr. Johnson meets the Texas defense; it will be a night to forget; halloween all over again. My bet is his night goes worse that Zac Robinson's.

Ok lets try something. Aside from the record what makes you think he is the best qb in the big 12. He doesnt have the best arm. His high completion percentage is off mostly short routes to shipley. He doesnt make great choices with the ball sometimes...His int are among the bottom portion of big 12 starters. I just dont see how he is so great compared to others who do more with less talent.

And as far as johnson having a bad night i dont see it. He is too smart to throw many ints. His worst night of the season is and will be K st. he will not have a big game against texas but he will not lose it for them either...Their secondary will do that lol

I agree iwith your statement about Tebow for sure. No way he deserves any consideration, but he will get it and quite possibly win the Heisman, which will be sheer robbery. Colt should've won the Heisman last year when the voters allowed the cushioned stats of Bradford to sway them. tebow the year before was a sham as well. I admitted that Johnson has some very good numbers and I know that this is a team game. For you to even consider Texas being undefeated "doesn't have a whole heck of a lot to do with Colt McCoy shows how little attention you are paying and how blinded you are by your aggie glasses. Too bad for you.

it is so funny how aggie fans talk about johnson this year...after the third game this season one aggie fan said johnson deserved the heisman...then that article saying he has the accuracy of mccoy, the arm of bradford, and the everything else that tebow has...i mean really, if the guy had all that the aggies would have ALOT more wins...

you beat utah state by 8...you get BLOWN away by kansas state...KANSAS STATE!!! you can't try to make a claim for a guy getting all big 12 honors and say "well his only bad game was against kansas state..."

Ok lets try something. Aside from the record what makes you think he is the best qb in the big 12. He doesnt have the best arm. His high completion percentage is off mostly short routes to shipley. He doesnt make great choices with the ball sometimes...His int are among the bottom portion of big 12 starters. I just dont see how he is so great compared to others who do more with less talent.

And as far as johnson having a bad night i dont see it. He is too smart to throw many ints. His worst night of the season is and will be K st. he will not have a big game against texas but he will not lose it for them either...Their secondary will do that lol

McCoy can throw the ball downfield; take a look at his passes the last two games. He plays in an offense that uses the short pass. By the way, he is slinging it at a 72% clip. We'll see what Mr. Johnson has after he gets to the strength of schedule....by the way...KSU...OOOPS! McCoy any day. What's scary, was watching the Aggies last year against the Texas Defense...this year's version is much better. The Texas DBs will have a field day against the Aggie QB. Boy; you live on Hope.

I don't understand the argument for McCoy. Only cody hawkins and taylor potts have thrown more interceptions in the big 12. Against oklahoma, the team won in spite of his poor performance in which he almost cost the team the game. In 5 conference games, he has thrown 7 touchdowns with 5 interceptions at an average of 207.4 yards per game for a total of 1037 yards. Meanwhile in 4 conference games, Jerrod has thrown for 1059 yards averaging 264.75 per game. He has 9 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.

Here are their 2 common opponents so far:

Texas Tech:

McCoy- 205 yards passing, 1 TD, 2 INT, 8 rushes for 5 yards

Johnson- 238 yards passing, 1 TD, 0 INT, 10 rushes for 71 yards, 1 Rush TD

Oklahoma State:

McCoy- 171 yards passing, 1 TD, 0 INT, 11 rushes for 34 yards

Johnson- 273 yards passing, 3 TD, 0 INT, 11 rushes for 3 yards

Yeah Jerrod hasn't played OU yet, but it's not going to be hard for him to outperform Colt's (21/39, 127 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, and a long pass of 14 yards). I believe that if Jerrod wore burnt orange and white, or blue and orange that his name would already be inscribed on the Heisman trophy.

i think people are letting their burnt orange classes give them false visions of Colt this year lobo...He is good dont get me wrong. But he should be...He plays with the one of if not the best defenses in football and a ton of talent on the offense with a great o line. And with all that he still only has mediocre numbers this season. people cant play the SOS card anymore because everyone has played big 12 conference games now and some still have better numbers. I mean im not saying Colt isnt good and im not trying to take away from him. But i just think looking at the numbers he is not the best qb in the big 12 this season. And if you want to say Johnson will get killed against Texas, i want to see what Colt would do against them...I promise it would not be any better. Those guyson D are for real.

it is so funny how aggie fans talk about johnson this year...after the third game this season one aggie fan said johnson deserved the heisman...then that article saying he has the accuracy of mccoy, the arm of bradford, and the everything else that tebow has...i mean really, if the guy had all that the aggies would have ALOT more wins...

you beat utah state by 8...you get BLOWN away by kansas state...KANSAS STATE!!! you can't try to make a claim for a guy getting all big 12 honors and say "well his only bad game was against kansas state..."

Plays behind a patchwork offensive line with his best receiver out most of the year and almost no running game to speak of until the last two weeks. Yet still manages to be #2 in the country in total offense, is the Big 12 record holder for consecutive passes thrown without an interception, and was the last starting QB in the country to throw a pick this season. Yeah, he's terrible.

McCoy has time to throw and has more talent around him than most of the quarterbacks in the league yet throws more picks than half the quarterbacks in the country...he happens to have a top 5 defense on his team that has saved his behind this year and somehow that makes him a better quarterback? What are you smoking? I don't think McCoy is a bad player, but seriously...use some common sense.

Plays behind a patchwork offensive line with his best receiver out most of the year and almost no running game to speak of until the last two weeks. Yet still manages to be #2 in the country in total offense, is the Big 12 record holder for consecutive passes thrown without an interception, and was the last starting QB in the country to throw a pick this season. Yeah, he's terrible.

McCoy has time to throw and has more talent around him than most of the quarterbacks in the league yet throws more picks than half the quarterbacks in the country...he happens to have a top 5 defense on his team that has saved his behind this year and somehow that makes him a better quarterback? What are you smoking? I don't think McCoy is a bad player, but seriously...use some common sense.

Maybe you should use some common sense. It is pretty absurd to compare Johnson who happens to be having a pretty good year to a QB that has proven himself over a 4 year period, has been a Heisman candidate for the past 2 years, and will soon be the ALL-TIME WINNINGEST QB in CFB history. Here is some common sense. If all we should use to evaluate QB's are purely their numbers then Texas Tech has the best QB in the country every year and they should have all been 1st team All-Conference. They are not because those that vote use, you guessed it, "common sense". Colt's offensive line has not been stellar this year at all. He has already been sacked as much as all of last year. The Texas running game is not up to their standard. You want to bring up interceptions and that's ok but use some common sense. Greg Davis talked about those 8 interceptions the other day. He made the comment that 3 were tipped passes and 2 or 3 were bad routes by the receiver. That puts 2 or 3 at most solely on the QB. INT's are not always the QB fault. One thing the record tells us is that he produces in crunch time and you don't lead a team to 8-0 without being pretty darn good at the QB position. Don't forget that he doesn't get to pad his stats because in blowout games because they either pull him or the shut down the passing game or both. That is the case in over half of his games. ULM, Wyoming, UTEP, MIZZ and OSU. On the other hand Johnson gets to air it out because the Aggies are either coming from behind or they are in close games. Arkansas and K-State showed everyone what happens when you pressure Johnson and it is ugly. He folded like a cheap tent. He still has to face the OU and UT defense so look for his INT's to go up and yardage to go down. Colt has already faced the tougher defenses and still gets to face some weaker ones. You can throw out the numbers anyway because anyone in their right mind knows that Colt is the superior QB. That is just common sense.

Maybe you should use some common sense. It is pretty absurd to compare Johnson who happens to be having a pretty good year to a QB that has proven himself over a 4 year period, has been a Heisman candidate for the past 2 years, and will soon be the ALL-TIME WINNINGEST QB in CFB history. Here is some common sense. If all we should use to evaluate QB's are purely their numbers then Texas Tech has the best QB in the country every year and they should have all been 1st team All-Conference. They are not because those that vote use, you guessed it, "common sense". Colt's offensive line has not been stellar this year at all. He has already been sacked as much as all of last year. The Texas running game is not up to their standard. You want to bring up interceptions and that's ok but use some common sense. Greg Davis talked about those 8 interceptions the other day. He made the comment that 3 were tipped passes and 2 or 3 were bad routes by the receiver. That puts 2 or 3 at most solely on the QB. INT's are not always the QB fault. One thing the record tells us is that he produces in crunch time and you don't lead a team to 8-0 without being pretty darn good at the QB position. Don't forget that he doesn't get to pad his stats because in blowout games because they either pull him or the shut down the passing game or both. That is the case in over half of his games. ULM, Wyoming, UTEP, MIZZ and OSU. On the other hand Johnson gets to air it out because the Aggies are either coming from behind or they are in close games. Arkansas and K-State showed everyone what happens when you pressure Johnson and it is ugly. He folded like a cheap tent. He still has to face the OU and UT defense so look for his INT's to go up and yardage to go down. Colt has already faced the tougher defenses and still gets to face some weaker ones. You can throw out the numbers anyway because anyone in their right mind knows that Colt is the superior QB. That is just common sense.

well said. Comparing Johnson to McCoy is stupid anyway. Johnson will never come close to sniffing the success that McCoy has had. only aggies are dumb enough to argue about this anyway

Just going to respond with three comments. First this is not comparing the careers of the two qbs. Just this season for all conference. Second, if you look at the Ark game Johnson still had his numbers. The only bad game he has really had is K st where he threw 3 picks but he also had 200+ yards and 2 tds thrown as well. When playing from behind and your defense cannot make a stop the offense will struggle. two of his picks vs k st were receivers and tipped #### as well. Johsnson has had 3 games where he did not come from behind and or play close so that is not an excuse either. And finally Colt struggled vs OU too so its not going to be a shock if Johnson does. The aggie running game is second best in the conference so i think that and the vertical passing style of Shermans offense will allow Johnson to be ok vs OU. ANd like i said earlier, Colt does not have to play his own defense so he cannot throw a bad game against them. But if he did have to play them he would not be any better than anyone else against them...

well said. Comparing Johnson to McCoy is stupid anyway. Johnson will never come close to sniffing the success that McCoy has had. only aggies are dumb enough to argue about this anyway

The only arguement here is who is putting up numbers this season and who isnt... Its not a comparison of careers. And its not fair to compare them even if you wanted too because of the talent around them. I dont think Colt could put up his career numbers at A&M do you? Its like comparing apples and oranges if you compare wins and losses. Im talking strictly stats for just this season.

By the way what is Colts record against those horrible aggies again? Even if he wins this season and goes 2-2, thats still not very good against a team you consider inferior mortal...