Brownsboro

Texasbird

Guest mrsdollyparton

ok do the math over 800 wins in 28 years...lets say exactly 800 in 30 years...26.6 wins a season...but he has more wins than that and less than 30 years...oh yeah 5 state tournament trips...to say his scheldule is always weak is stupid...so yes he is up there with the canyon coach...

IT was .6 seconds...so each quarter should have only be 7 mins and 59 seconds...the coaches and the refs know about the clock and it doesn't matter what the fans know or see...hopefully both teams will remain undefeated and can play a third game on a neutral court.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to highschool at bullard and i think i can do mathmatics,so here we go.zero is zero nothing zilch nada whatever.every other clock goes to zero when the nine tenth's winds off the clock.so in realality the nine tenth's should wind off the clock when the clock or sundial shows one second and not zero.i think ,but correct me if i am wrong nine tenths of zero is zero.NO FUZZY MATH TO IT. :sorcerer:

The game clock should be the official VISIBLE timepiece on which the time remaining in a period should be displayed. This allows all three referee's as well as the coach's and players to see the clocks operation and reading at all times. If the school's game clock is not capable of displaying tenths of a second for all to witness, then tenths of a second should not be utilized. Their are a lot of gyms that have these old style game clocks and the buzzer goes off when the clock reaches 0:00 on the display.

It takes the guessing factor out of play.

I agree with tweekies and Texasbird. When the clock is at 1 second, shouldn't the tenth of seconds then begin until it reaches zero, and the buzzer still go off at that point?

The rules also state that with there has to be 3/10 of a second to attempt a tip, 7/10 to attempt a catch and shool. Therefore, if there were 6/10 of a second there wasn't time for her to catch and then shoot the ball. The refs should have known this and informed the players and coaches.

You're right about uncontested inbounds, but...watch the video. It is clearly a CATCH and then a shot. 6/10 is not enough time to do that!

That is false. Watch a college game. .6 is enough for catch and shoot. .3 is tap in time. They tell ya the rules everytime the situation comes up.

I'm not going to argue whether or not the girl got the shot off in time, but I have to agree with those that posted the clock is screwed up. Here's why:

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.9, 0.8, 0.7,0.6..... 0.2, 0.1, 0.0. The clock showed 0.00, the game is over... period. Below 0.00 is negative numbers. B'boro fans quit blaming your old clock and newer panel at the table - get them aligned because the board at the scorer's table is allowing an extra second.

For those that need more explanation, let's say you are shopping at the grocery store in Brownsboro and your total at the register is $100. You give the cashier a crisp $100 dollar bill and expect to be on your way. BUT wait, you are a dollar short. That can't be, the register shows $100 and that is what I paid. "Well," says the cashier, "here in Brownsboro, we believe there is another 100 pennies after you have paid the total down to 0." :wacko:

I'm not going to argue whether or not the girl got the shot off in time, but I have to agree with those that posted the clock is screwed up. Here's why:

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.9, 0.8, 0.7,0.6..... 0.2, 0.1, 0.0. The clock showed 0.00, the game is over... period. Below 0.00 is negative numbers. B'boro fans quit blaming your old clock and newer panel at the table - get them aligned because the board at the scorer's table is allowing an extra second.

For those that need more explanation, let's say you are shopping at the grocery store in Brownsboro and your total at the register is $100. You give the cashier a crisp $100 dollar bill and expect to be on your way. BUT wait, you are a dollar short. That can't be, the register shows $100 and that is what I paid. "Well," says the cashier, "here in Brownsboro, we believe there is another 100 pennies after you have paid the total down to 0." :wacko:

This pretty much sums it up!!!!! :thumbsup:

Put your money on it! You and Fred could each get a stopwatch and set the clock at Brownsboro to 1 minute. If they all hit 0:00.0 at the same time, you owe Fred a steak dinner. If it's off...he owes you one.

I've bet and lost a steak dinner to Fred before...it stinks!

Ok OBTS answer Mr. Skynard for us you gave us a good lecture about the rules and how the book did not cheat kids if he is correct that the rulebook states that a catch and shoot is not possible unless there is .7 then we are all going to

have to agree that the Lady Eagles got the hose

and that 2 officials from the chapter that you heaped lavish praise upon made a serious error

I do agree wildbill on your point

The rule is that if there is more than .3 of a second left, a player has time for an immediate catch and shoot. No fumbles, ball fakes, or long, sweeping shooting motions. The Brownsboro player released the ball very quickly. If there was truly .6 of a second left, then the basket was good.

Thanks world...... anything less than .3 the ball must be tipped in only. Above .3 it is deemed that you can catch and shoot. Put a stop watch on the play, she released the ball before .6

Next, about the clock.... it is weird but the fact is that the brownsboro clock does not show tenths of a second. The scoreboard goes to 0:00 with .9 seconds left then .00 the horn sounds. It is an oddity but both coaches and all officials know it before the game. 2 points that are being overlooked here are

1). The scoreboard is not official. The scorebook is official for the score and the timers table is official for the time remaining. The scoreboard is there for the convenience of the the fans, players, and refs. Never has it been considered official.

2). If you were at the game, the Fairfield coach's reaction tells it all. When the ball went out of bounds and 0:00 was showing on the clock. He calmly went over to the table, saw the .6, called time-out and coached his kids. Never did he act like he was being cheated or what-not. He didn't gripe or complain at that point in time. So if he didn't, why are all the fans?

I'm not sure where all of these different ideas about tenths of seconds came from. The NFHS rule book clearly states that "When play is resumed with a throw-in or free throw and three-tenths (.3) of a second or less remains on the clock, a player may not gain control of a ball and try for a field goal. In this situation only a tap could score." An additional note says that this rule does not apply if the clock does not display tenths of seconds. Additonally the rules state that a red light on each backboard is permitted to signal the end of a quarter or extra period. In schools where there is no red light, the audible ( not visible ) timer's signal shall indicate that time has expired. In Brownsboro the clock alwyas reads zero one second before the horn sounds and you know as an official to wait for the horn. In this case the clock showed zeros but the control panel had .6 left on it when it was checked. Officials made the only decision they could and allowed for the throw in and subsequent shot.

Put your money on it! You and Fred could each get a stopwatch and set the clock at Brownsboro to 1 minute. If they all hit 0:00.0 at the same time, you owe Fred a steak dinner. If it's off...he owes you one.

I've bet and lost a steak dinner to Fred before...it stinks!

I'm not betting against Fred in anything that has to do with basketball. Besides I like and respect the guy too much... he coached my wife when she went to Brownsboro.

Thanks world...... anything less than .3 the ball must be tipped in only. Above .3 it is deemed that you can catch and shoot. Put a stop watch on the play, she released the ball before .6

Next, about the clock.... it is weird but the fact is that the brownsboro clock does not show tenths of a second. The scoreboard goes to 0:00 with .9 seconds left then .00 the horn sounds. It is an oddity but both coaches and all officials know it before the game. 2 points that are being overlooked here are

1). The scoreboard is not official. The scorebook is official for the score and the timers table is official for the time remaining. The scoreboard is there for the convenience of the the fans, players, and refs. Never has it been considered official.

2). If you were at the game, the Fairfield coach's reaction tells it all. When the ball went out of bounds and 0:00 was showing on the clock. He calmly went over to the table, saw the .6, called time-out and coached his kids. Never did he act like he was being cheated or what-not. He didn't gripe or complain at that point in time. So if he didn't, why are all the fans?

Like before, I'm not debating the score... it looked like the girl got rid of the ball rather quickly.

I'd just like to see Brownsboro fix their clock because there is an extra 4 seconds per game according to what is being posted. The opposing coaches know the mistake so it doesn't cause problems, but it does sound like something that Sprectrum or whatever company services the scoreboard could fix. The bottomline is: tenths of a second come after 0:01, not after 0:00. :thumbsup:

Like before, I'm not debating the score... it looked like the girl got rid of the ball rather quickly.

I'd just like to see Brownsboro fix their clock because there is an extra 4 seconds per game according to what is being posted. The opposing coaches know the mistake so it doesn't cause problems, but it does sound like something that Sprectrum or whatever company services the scoreboard could fix. The bottomline is: tenths of a second come after 0:01, not after 0:00. :thumbsup:

Way back in the day, before clocks displayed the tenths, the ending of the game was understood to be when the horn sounded. I think that is still the rule, absent the red lights on the backboard.