1. 1. Your Pick

• Cayuga
    • Overton

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton, in an upset: 22-16... :homer:

I like the under Dog every time, just something about beating the popular favorite, makes the victory even sweeter.

Plus it's time for some other teams to enjoy some of the press and limelight. Up sets always make for good press.

I picked yuga.

but 48-6? man thats wild.

Thats what many are saying, but most dont realize how good Cayuga will be this year. Sure we lost Shead, Kennedy and the rest, but we also have really good players returning. Yuga went toe to toe with Brookhill in the scrimmage. Brookhill would win UIL 1a State. Im sticking with 48-6.

48? Didn't Shead graduate? Think it will be a little closer than 48 to 6.

why are all of yall on here discounting the other kids left in cayuga they had a great program shead was good but he didnt do it all by himself.i will say this on here a freshmen won the state basketball championship for them not someone who just graduated.

why are all of yall on here discounting the other kids left in cayuga they had a great program shead was good but he didnt do it all by himself.i will say this on here a freshmen won the state basketball championship for them not someone who just graduated.

Yeah that's the truth. Shead was actually an unimpressive basketball player. Good athlete. Not a great basketball player. Did you see that white kid from Bronte dunk on him? Pretty awesome stuff.

Thanx max, we have a good group of kids and our defense did excellent against brookhill. They have some great play makers on their offense but it took the long ball to get it in the endzone. I think Brookhill will win state in Tapps this year as predicted.

It probably has less to do with the kids left in Cayuga and more to do with the fact that some from Cayuga jump on and dismiss any other school they are facing. Cayuga had a great run last year and did loose some incredible athletes. It is natural for everyone from the outside to expect "some" slipage back to the rest of us. I mean 48 to 6 and a running clock is just no respect whatsoever.

Game was moved to Cayuga last I heard. Anyways, im pickin Yuga in this matchup. Lookin to have a good team again this year.

Cayuga 48

Overton 6

So what you're saying is that a 1A team can lose SIX players to college football, and still have enough talent to continue beating teams by 40+ points? Losing that many talented players can deplete even the strongest of 3A or 4A squads. I seriously doubt that you guys were that deep with talent. No doubt that ya'll still have some good players, but don't mistake a good scrimmage against Brook Hill as a measuring bar. If that is the way to gauge a season, then we should be a highly ranked 2A team. After all, we did tie West Rusk. You can hang those scrimmage results right up there with the 7 on 7 stats. They dont mean a thing from September to December.

So what you're saying is that a 1A team can lose SIX players to college football, and still have enough talent to continue beating teams by 40+ points? Losing that many talented players can deplete even the strongest of 3A or 4A squads. I seriously doubt that you guys were that deep with talent. No doubt that ya'll still have some good players, but don't mistake a good scrimmage against Brook Hill as a measuring bar. If that is the way to gauge a season, then we should be a highly ranked 2A team. After all, we did tie West Rusk. You can hang those scrimmage results right up there with the 7 on 7 stats. They dont mean a thing from September to December.

Yep my bad, i forgot we are horrible now that Shead Graduated. We'll never score 48 again. What was i thinking??? We may not even score. Ill take Overton 28-0. Please, we have plenty of Talent left, give me a break on that statement.

Yep my bad, i forgot we are horrible now that Shead Graduated. We'll never score 48 again. What was i thinking??? We may not even score. Ill take Overton 28-0. Please, we have plenty of Talent left, give me a break on that statement.

I Agree with the first part of that post.Overton wins big and maybe if they feel nice Cayuga will score.and thats a big maybe.