Crockett/Anahuac

Eagleborn

Hey Bird, I am hearing the possible two places for the game are Whitehouse and Nacogdoches. You should handle Marlin, but you never know. I will be there tomorrow to support Tatum since I want to see them against Crockett. Have a safe trip tomorrow and be careful on the road and pack some cold weather gear.

Working on Masters

Hey Bird, I am hearing the possible two places for the game are Whitehouse and Nacogdoches. You should handle Marlin, but you never know. I will be there tomorrow to support Tatum since I want to see them against Crockett. Have a safe trip tomorrow and be careful on the road and pack some cold weather gear.

Working on Masters

I was just guessing, but I thought it might be Lufkin or Nac with the slight possibility of Tyler Rose. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we have to handle Marlin first and I have a feeling that they will play us a very close game.

Anahuac came with a good game plan and a lot of fire. Not sure if the Crockett made some adjustments on defense, or just finally started playing, but after falling behind 27-15, Crockett came to life and outscored them 34-6 down the stretch. Anahuac's ill-advised fake punt attempt seemed to be the spark Crockett needed. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought contest. It's a shame the game was played in such a remote place. Nice stadium, just too far out of the way.

Ok let me try this again, some reason the first post did not go.

Most of the people it was a 3 1/2 hour ride down. 3 wrecks on the way.

Prayers go out to the sr in Magnolia West who lost his life in a wreck last night. Makes football seem secondary.

I was very proud of the way our guys pulled together last night. One of the coaches said the 1st half was so bad because of the week off and the long ride, I think that there was some taking of Anauhac lightly and that could not be done they are a great team! Also they were looking forward to Tatum some also.

You can not take any team lightly this far in the state playoffs.

Wishing the best to Tatum tonight, dont look ahead. I think if our "D" plays the best it can and our "O" plays like they have we can hang with Tatum, will be an awesome game!

Oh, also heard that the game, if against Tatum could be in Corsicana, but who knows.

Crockett will have to play defense for 4 quarters to beat Tatum. I commend Coach Parsons and staff for coming out throwing last night, as it was obvious that Anahuac was determined not to let us beat them on the ground. I still think DW needs to run the ball more though. 1st and goal at the 5 -- you can't tell me they can stop him 4 times in a row. As far as location for Ckt-Tatum, I vote for Palestine. It's a little closer to Crockett, but since Tatum is playing there tonight, they should be good with that. And Crockett has not played on that field in a while. Would be great to have a packed house in a mid-size stadium instead of a larger place with empty seats. The more packed the stadium is, the more exciting the game usually is. Every week just gets better and better.

Another thing we noticed last night, is that the offense was not all about #28. There were several other skill postion guys that played a big role in the win. How about the offensive line play in the second half, and especially the 4th quarter. I think it is cool how Coach Parsons uses #6 at RB in the 4th quarter, bring in a very fast guy with fresh legs. Kick off coverage needs improvement. And need to decrease the penalties. On the other hand, Crockett is not having the unsportsmanlike calls as in past years.

Another thing we noticed last night, is that the offense was not all about #28. There were several other skill postion guys that played a big role in the win. How about the offensive line play in the second half, and especially the 4th quarter. I think it is cool how Coach Parsons uses #6 at RB in the 4th quarter, bring in a very fast guy with fresh legs. Kick off coverage needs improvement. And need to decrease the penalties. On the other hand, Crockett is not having the unsportsmanlike calls as in past years.

Did you HAVE to bring up the kickoff coverage? LOL.