Did anybody catch Ted Nugent on CNN?

blackflag79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea1y00HBcwI

Talk about a verbal beatdown. I thought it was hilarious, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I don't normally watch CNN for obvious reasons, but a friend was watching it live and I watched it with him. Ted Nugent was thorough, and lucid in thought, and soundboarded what true Americans think and feel. Thank you Uncle Ted!

By the way, as backwards in thought as Erin Burnett is, she is georgeous. But when she opens her mouth and spews her leftist rhetoric it takes away from any desire to be around her. Now, a dimocrat that is also beautiful, that's a definite rarity. She gives truth to the saying that "beauty is only skin deep".

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this in the other thread, and I'll say it again here. I like a lot of Ted's music, and I agree with him on many of his political views. The problem is, he's a hard rocker, not an English professor or a linguistics master. He should take himself out of the political stage. He can say whatever he wants on the stage, at a gun show, or a guitar show, but he does have skeleton's in his closet and he needs to stay out of the political world.

So Ted ... did you or did you not poop your pants to avoid the Vietnam draft?

He didn't, but he was given a deferment by being enrolled at Oakland Community College. Needless to say, he was only enrolled, but may have never attended a single class.

I did not know that he is currently on Federal probation for killing a second black bear in Alaska. http://www.adn.com/2012/04/24/2437802/nugent-pleads-guilty-to-illegal.html

Just thought you might like to know what "Slick Willie" did to get out of serving was far worse ....

As a noted watchdog on SDC threads staying on-topic, surely you noticed that the title of this thread is "Did anyone catch Ted Nugent on CNN?" and not "Who did the worse thing to avoid the Vietnam draft" :D

As a noted watchdog on SDC threads staying on-topic, surely you noticed that the title of this thread is "Did anyone catch Ted Nugent on CNN?" and not "Who did the worse thing to avoid the Vietnam draft" :D

I just thought that since you are so "outraged" about what Ted Nugent did to avoid military service, you MIGHT be even more outraged about what Clinton did to get out of serving. Guess I was wrong, since you tend to favor the libs on most issues ... and since the topic of military service was brought up I thought I would comment on the hypocrisy of the left on the issue. Comparing one person on the opposite side of the political spectrum to another committing the same unforgivable atrocities seems to be common for libs in the political forum ... the libs just don't like it when their hypocrisy is exposed.

For a liberal to bring up past dirt on any conservative individual is status quo. What gets me is that if the same exact dirt is brought up on one of their own, it gets swept under the rug.

Talk about hypocricy! Those things from Ted's past you talk about happened 50 years ago! People DO change. "Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone."

I don't agree with everything Ted stands for, and he is definitely NOT political material, but he does believe in the Constitution, and so do I. I can't help but like the guy because of that. No other activist will tell it like it really is without fear of impunity that I can think of.

I still think Governor Ted is FOS and of course regardless where one stands politically within the two party hoax either way throwing mud became part of the game. Since Biblical verse was brought up I can only guess Obama too will some day be forgiven? The hypocrisy works both ways yet it does seem rebulicOns think at times it's ok for them to bring up events that happened among various political figureheads 50 years ago. When will Clinton be forgiven? 30 years from now? As far as I'm concerned both sides of the two party dupe are as guilty as the other when it comes to hypocrisy and casting stones and both are responsible for the demise of constitutional government. After all who besides the two party dupe has been in control of government?

While I agree with the premise of your post, I'm just pointing out where the hypocrisy SHOULD go both ways. We are ALL hypocrites by definition. I'm not affiliated with either party, but I do think he makes some excellent points. Now, .... if only we could have some REAL change...

While I agree with the premise of your post, I'm just pointing out where the hypocrisy SHOULD go both ways. We are ALL hypocrites by definition. I'm not affiliated with either party, but I do think he makes some excellent points. Now, .... if only we could have some REAL change...

Harrier has been duped into thinking the 3rd party hoax is somehow "different" and immune to skeletons in the closet and would never committ the same kind of political sins as the republicans or dims. Does anybody really believe if any of these side-show clowns managed to get elected they would be any different?

He didn't carp his pants? He must have been on meth when he told his draft dodging story to High Times.

I was extremely antidrug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop.

Didn't know what? The guy is FOS.

Republican loud-mouth, attention-seeking buffoon and draft dodging he-man man’s man, rocker Ted Nugent, the manly-man-man-man who gave his very own personal seal o’ approval to Mitt Romney and now, apparently, wants to give that very same kiss of death to the NRA. Oh yes, if you haven’t heard, “the Motor City madman” will be the guest of Texas Congressman Steve Stockman at Obama’s State of the Union speech tomorrow night. ( come and gone )

High Times:How did you get out of the draft?

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/republican_hero_ted_nugent_shit_in_his_own_pants_to_avoid_the_draft

Bob Daniela year ago

Snopes says "Undetermined". Some time after this interview, "Nugent maintained he had made up the story and fed it to a gullible High Times reporter, and he actually avoided the draft through a student deferment".

chris jimson Bob Daniela year ago

He also claims he had no idea all the little pipes and hookahs on the cover of the 2nd Amboy Dukes LP were a drug reference, which just shows that even if he's not a liar, he's a clueless idiot.

To each his own. No "hero" of mine. republicOns seem to like him though.

avoided the draft through a student deferment. How convenient. Sounds like something Bill Clinton would do. Even better how many sons of congressional types that got the country involved to begin with? How many coped out on the student deferment just like Ted? With Ted who knows the deferment is what got him out. For such a loud mouth bad azz as Ted I would think the guy would be happy to go to Nam and shoot gooks.

I wasn't defending Ted, I was simply stating what I know as fact about him. I realize that you probably subscribe to High Times, and I've only seen the magazine in other peoples possession about 7 times in my life. Usually it was held in the hands of pot heads who defend pot and speak of it's qualities as highly as you do. With that being said, if I did read an article I'd think of it as any sketch in MAD magazine or National Lampoon.

What I find amazing is the same people that glorify Ted are quick to condemn Muhammad Ali for not wanting to go to Vietnam for religious reasons. The last I heard Muhammad was still a devout Muslim, but Ted still doesn't have his degree. I also stated in the other thread that I seriously doubt that Ted Nugent has been as clean and sober as he claims to have been. I do know that he probably experimented with drugs in the 60's and 70's, by his own admission. I do know that he has a terrible chewing gum habit, and that can be verified by videos from the 70's to today.

I'm like you Dave in that I have heard of High Times. The mags alleged interview is on the internet. Just search Governor Ted.

How do you know fact about Ted? Sounds as though the guy makes a lot of carp up. Were you a 35 year old tapping teenage girls as well?

I was doing that when he was still with the Damn Yankees, and I wasn't married. That was 24 years ago and they had to be Wingers "17" in the State of Texas. I liked Night Ranger, Styx, and I like Ted, but this song sums it up : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEdWzfzsTU

I was doing that when he was still with the Damn Yankees, and I wasn't married. That was 24 years ago and they had to be Wingers "17" in the State of Texas. I liked Night Ranger, Styx, and I like Ted, but this song sums it up : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEdWzfzsTU

Saw Winger in concert in Shreveport at the Hirsch in the summer of '88. They put on a good show. Really got the crowd warmed up for Cinderella, who may have had the biggest hair of all the hair bands. That was one rockin show.

I just thought that since you are so "outraged" about what Ted Nugent did to avoid military service

No outrage at all, Daddy-O ... I try to avoid boring piling-on ... it's his life, it's his conscience.

If I do have any outrage, it is the way Ted appears to get a "pass" for his past from conservatives because he shares their "values" (I chuckle as I post that word) :D

If Bono, for example, had the same lurid past as Ted Nugent, it would brought up EVERY TIME he used his celebrity status to voice his opinions. Doubt me... :D

What Nugent did decades ago is irrelevant, especially since there were no charges filed.......

Does EVERY human begin get this "pass" from you ... even those who don't share your political views? I would name names, but that would only result in a lecture on how "what he did was worse" :D

Oh ... and welcome back :)

Does EVERY human begin get this "pass" from you ... even those who don't share your political views? I would name names, but that would only result in a lecture on how "what he did was worse" :D

If you're referring to el Presidente as "one who doesn't share my views" I don't have to dig up dirt. He does something to violate the Constitution daily, so we've got plenty of fresh ammo.

Please feel free to name them....... :P

If you're referring to el Presidente

Nope - not him ;) He deserves all the criticism he receives ... its only the criticism of the vitriol variety I despise - as though he is the first crooked president in the History of the United States. In fact, I can't think of ONE President in my lifetime (LBJ was president when I was born) of whom I can say I am proud. :(