5A D1 R2 Area: Longview vs Mansfield Lake Ridge

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (7-4)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

I'm curious to know how many players those 08 09 LT teams we lost to sent to college vs our 08 09 teams...

If nothing else, the 08 LT team had Garrett Gilbert who, while a bust in college, was one of the top recruits in the state and set a state record. The next year, their QB ended up at Texas Tech.

How many did we send to Power 5 conferences? I know Aaron Johnson went to mid-major Houston. Did we send anyone to Big XII schools? Or SEC? Cause comparing a player who ended up at Henderson State to one who wound up at Texas is a bad comparison.

The reason the Lobos didnt send many to college is not because they arent talented, it is because the arent well coached. It is hard to put all that talent on display when you only have 3 plays in the playbook.

Typical. Everything is the coach's fault and our kids are the most talented in the state every year. Yeah, no.

And FYI, Coach King has sent many players to colleges all over. We were specifically talking the 08 and 09 teams which didn't have as much on the roster.

Like I said before, King had Malcolm Kelley out wide and would only throw his way a couple times a game. That was in times of desperation, 3rd and 17...

If not for his dad taking him to camps he probably never gets recruited and signed by OU.

Wrong again. He was thrown to on 1st and 10 quite a bit. The offense was more run oriented at the time, yes. It's not like he was giving the ball to scrubs in lieu of Kelly. He was giving it to a future NFLer and a Texas recruit, running behind another future NFLer. Hope this helps.

Wrong again. He was thrown to on 1st and 10 quite a bit. The offense was more run oriented at the time, yes. It's not like he was giving the ball to scrubs in lieu of Kelly. He was giving it to a future NFLer and a Texas recruit, running behind another future NFLer. Hope this helps.

Look at Kelly's stats, he averaged 2.5 touches a game.

Look at Kelly's stats, he averaged 2.5 touches a game.

But it wasn't only in 3rd and long situations. When your RB averages something like 10 yards a carry for the season, that's okay. The offense was different then, and was based on running with 2 Division 1 backs behind a Division 1 tackle. Against Mesquite Horn, I think we only threw 3 passes that entire game. Why? Because our RB had 9 carries for 269 yards and 4 TDs. It's way different now with all the throwing that we're doing. Kelly was a good player who's talents were shown as a home run threat. His catches were explosive and usually gains of 50+ yards.

Stop with excuses ok... This team has lost gsmes in playoffs due to mistakes not the other team having more d1 pkayers

Someone asked and I told them about college players vs LTs. Someone else said that Coach King didn't put D1 players out, I showed that they do. When you can make an argument, come talk to me. Til then, you can keep saying "Longview will win 8 games and be ousted in the 2nd round every year" over and over to you heart's content.