Gilmer vs Rains

Bullard is a lot better this year than last. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them beat their opponent in bi-district. They are bigger and better than they have been, and are extremely well coached. Lots of good athletes on this year's Bullard squad. The only negative I see with Bullard is their lack of depth, but if they can limit what their opponent does offensively, getting lots of three-and-outs, that lack of depth won't come into play, and they will be a handful for anybody.

Rains is very capable of competing with Gilmer and making an interesting game of it. Do i think Rains pulls of the biggesg upset in the state? No... but if Rains plays to their capabilities and doednt turn the ball over they can at least make the game worth watching unlike other district games. It will be in the hands of the coaching staff to give the kids their best chance of competing. If they come out n continue running the same exact play 6 n 7 times in a row it will be ugly but if they mix it up like they are capable of doing they can make it interesting.

Rains is very capable of competing with Gilmer and making an interesting game of it. Do i think Rains pulls of the biggesg upset in the state? No... but if Rains plays to their capabilities and doednt turn the ball over they can at least make the game worth watching unlike other district games. It will be in the hands of the coaching staff to give the kids their best chance of competing. If they come out n continue running the same exact play 6 n 7 times in a row it will be ugly but if they mix it up like they are capable of doing they can make it interesting.

Can Rains make this game interesting? Yes, but especially if Gilmer doesn't play up to their capabilities. If Gilmer plays up to their capabilities, I don't think it will matter what capabilities Rains has. See how that works.

I'm hoping the Buckeyes eliminate some of the mistakes they've been making in offensive execution, and the occasional defensive lapse. If they can do that, the sky's the limit as to how far this team can go, in my opinion.

• Like 1

This game last year was ugly. Rains played past the whistle on several occasions. They seemed to be trying to turn the game into a street brawl.

I imagine Rains will run the wing tee and try to chew up clock again. It could be raining. So it could be another ugly game.

My biggest hope is Gilmer finishes the season without a major injury and is ready for the playoffs. I don't expect as easy a road this year.

*Gilmer struggles to beat a team A*...... The next week Gilmer people say "Team A could beat anybody in the state, they are much improved"................................ its the same song and dance, every. freaking. year.

Yep, you got us pegged...

As long as we win on the scoreboard, does it really matter? :lol:

• Like 1

*Gilmer struggles to beat a team A*...... The next week Gilmer people say "Team A could beat anybody in the state, they are much improved"................................ its the same song and dance, every. freaking. year.

I watched the replay of the Gilmer vs Bullard game. The Panthers look like a very improved team to me, or they are much better at aquatic sports than the Buckeyes.

I watched the replay of the Gilmer vs Bullard game. The Panthers look like a very improved team to me, or they are much better at aquatic sports than the Buckeyes.

Nope. Gilmer goes to state in swimming. Havnt heard anybody from Bullard making it to state in swimming...... Just saying. All around program baby.....

Only time will tell the difference. It looks and "feels" somewhat different because of the difference in personalities of the head coach. That looks to be the only major difference. Coach Turner needs a little time, and a fair chance to make his particular mark on the Buckeye program.

Only time will tell the difference. It looks and "feels" somewhat different because of the difference in personalities of the head coach. That looks to be the only major difference. Coach Turner needs a little time, and a fair chance to make his particular mark on the Buckeye program.

different personalities...? Is Coach Turner more laid back? Traylor seemed to be in control of everything..... Does Turner stay back and let others run a lot of stuff?

different personalities...? Is Coach Turner more laid back? Traylor seemed to be in control of everything..... Does Turner stay back and let others run a lot of stuff?

Yes, and no. Coach Turner is MUCH more laid back than Jeff ever was, but he seems more controlling than Jeff was, too. If that makes sense. While Jeff oversaw everything, he did let the coaches do most of the X's and O's stuff, while he would make sure they did just that, and overrule them at times. I'd say Jeff was a master at organizing, while Matt is a more X's and O's kind of guy.

Then again, I could be reading it all wrong... :lol: