Argyle(11-0) vs Stephenville(6-4) Thurs. 7:30 @ Mansfield-Round 2

regaleagle

Just now, Eaglesone said:

Right when argyle has a bad game they score 63-70 when Carthage has a bad game they score 21.  I am talking about 2019.

we can discuss other years but 2019 is what I am talking about above.

It doesn’t matter.  Carthage will beat Crandall on Black Friday and then will take on either Palestine or Midlothian Heritage in the Reg Finals.  Carthage best Palestine 49-0 already and MH needed OT to get past Henderson, who Carthage beat 34-14.  Argyle will lose to LV.

3 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Good luck with Crandall that a team we hung sixty on in the first half blew out.  We have a 11-1 team that is supposed to have the best defense in the state that we have to get through to get to face LV.

How would they be considered to have the best D in the state? Based on what? BW is slightly above average. Gave up 35 to Alvarado. That’s more than double the most points scored against Carthage this year. Like I said earlier, what makes BW supposed to have the best D? 

Just now, BulldogBacker12 said:

How would they be considered to have the best D in the state? Based on what? BW is slightly above average. Gave up 35 to Alvarado. That’s more than double the most points scored against Carthage this year. Like I said earlier, what makes BW supposed to the best D?

Talk on here about how they were going to shutdown argyle cause their D was so good.  And they may.  If so watch out!

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

How would they be considered to have the best D in the state? Based on what? BW is slightly above average. Gave up 35 to Alvarado. That’s more than double the most points scored against Carthage this year. Like I said earlier, what makes BW supposed to have the best D? 

Just FYI I was being sarcastic. Their DB’s are actually their receivers.  No way they are any where close to the best D.  

3 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Good luck with Crandall that a team we hung sixty on in the first half blew out.  We have a 11-1 team that is supposed to have the best defense in the state that we have to get through to get to face LV.

Brownwood doesn’t have the best defense in the state anymore.  Probably never did.  LV burst that bubble a few weeks ago.  Best 4A D1 defense in state resides in Carthage.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

I agree that Carthage by all accounts most probably has the best defense in Class 4A this season......AND that by all accounts Argyle most probably has the best offense.  Who wouldn't want to see those two teams line up for a State Championship game, Huh?

Argyle couldn’t make Carthage punt if their lives depended on it!!

• Like 1

Just now, regaleagle said:

I agree that Carthage by all accounts most probably has the best defense in Class 4A this season......AND that by all accounts Argyle most probably has the best offense.  Who wouldn't want to see those two teams line up for a State Championship game, Huh?

Argyle’s defense (or lack of) will be the reason we see Carthage vs LV (round 3).

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

Whatever.  Let’s see how this plays out.  If Argyle loses to Brownwood the shots will fire for weeks!

No ####!!!  I love it.  I’ll bet if argyle is able to sneak by BWD and LV bests Melissa the quarter final game will be one for the ages.

have you Carthage folk seem the highlights from argyles game last night?

not talking #### but it will blow you away what 5 did last night if you appreciate awesome performances!

Just now, Eaglesone said:

No ####!!!  I love it.  I’ll bet if argyle is able to sneak by BWD and LV bests Melissa the quarter final game will be one for the ages.

have you Carthage folk seem the highlights from argyles game last night?

not talking #### but it will blow you away what 5 did last night if you appreciate awesome performances!

I saw a little of it but honestly not sure what to make of it.  I’m trying to understand what the DB’s were doing.  On several plays they jump for the ball, fall down, and #5 catches and scores.

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

Argyle’s defense (or lack of) will be the reason we see Carthage vs LV (round 3).

Because argyles D didn’t play against LV in week2?  Ok I have you.  Argyle had a 21 point lead at half time and threw 3 passes in second half.  12-19 passing and rushed for 260ish on 60 carries.  Argyle lost in playoffs last year because they couldn’t catch the ball in the rain and didn’t have a running game. that has changed.  We can run the ball!

keep believing otherwise.

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I saw a little of it but honestly not sure what to make of it.  I’m trying to understand what the DB’s were doing.  On several plays they jump for the ball, fall down, and #5 catches and scores.

They have all seemed to do that all year including LV studs.  If you saw those type of plays every game how would you rate him?

4 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Because argyles D didn’t play against LV in week2?  Ok I have you.  Argyle had a 21 point lead at half time and threw 3 passes in second half.  12-19 passing and rushed for 260ish on 60 carries.  Argyle lost in playoffs last year because they couldn’t catch the ball in the rain and didn’t have a running game. that has changed.  We can run the ball!

keep believing otherwise.

I’m calling it now.  LV will win in two weeks.

• Like 1