Movie Day.....

RETIREDFAN1

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

Denzel Washington.  I know all of Longview, TX born Forrest Whitaker movies and with Tubi I can watch him host "The Twilight Zone".  

He was in one movie like that......I just don't remember the name.....

20 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

"Oblivion" with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman.  

I give it a 7.  Some could get lost with what is happening in the movie, because it's not explained, but if you pay attention it's self explanatory who is who and what is happening.  I won't go into detail about it, because it is sort of a mystery until you figure out what is really going on.  I will say it's a mix of "Top Gun" and an alien invasion of earth.  There are clones in it as well.  

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

I give it a 7.  Some could get lost with what is happening in the movie, because it's not explained, but if you pay attention it's self explanatory who is who and what is happening.  I won't go into detail about it, because it is sort of a mystery until you figure out what is really going on.  I will say it's a mix of "Top Gun" and an alien invasion of earth.  There are clones in it as well.  

Sounds like my kinda movie.....where's it playing????

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Title sounds good....what's it about??? 

Romance novelist gets kidnapped and forced to search for a lost treasure. Stars some big names...Sandra Bullock...Brad Pitt...Channing Tatum and Daniel Radcliffe.

15 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Romance novelist gets kidnapped and forced to search for a lost treasure. Stars some big names...Sandra Bullock...Brad Pitt...Channing Tatum and Daniel Radcliffe.

May watch it......

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

I didn't realize they made a sequel with "WarGames: The Dead Code" until I saw it listed last night. I might watch it tonight.  

Let me know if it's any good.....I never knew they made one, either.....

4 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Let me know if it's any good.....I never knew they made one, either.....

It stayed true to the original movie, and there's not many remakes or sequels that I've given a good score to.  The movie was made in 2007, but there are references in it that I didn't expect.  I give it a 10.  Cross references abounded, there was only one thing that was left out that I would like to know, but it was only a small part of the movie, but a motivation for the protagonist.  I actually can't believe that fans of WarGames didn't prop the movie up.  There aren't any cameos to speak of, but a couple of characters from the original are included.  Great movie.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 5:18 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Debating on watching "Arena" or start watching the "John Wick" trilogy again.  

I give "Arena" a 7.  It's basically a mix of Mortal Kombat and Gladiator.  Gore scene is about a 7.5.  In the future it can be seen only on the Dark Web, and betting is placed on the combatants.  Samuel L. Jackson runs the show.  

• Like 1