(6-1;4-0) Dekalb @ Hooks (7-0;4-0)

CaptHook

DeKalb @ Hooks  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, CaptHook said:

I’m sure you’re a die hard DK fan, and that’s fine, root for your team.  BUT, deep down, you know the truth. Hooks by 30!

Deep down I know y’all are over looking us like we are Redwater or something, and that’s fine. I know you all believe that you’re unbeatable. That’s what’s going to make it even better when we win this game. I respect the hell out of your coaches and your team, but y’all are not invincible. So just keep on thinking that we are trash and you’ll win by 30-40 points. We’ll see tomorrow night. 

3 minutes ago, JLee89 said:

Deep down I know y’all are over looking us like we are Redwater or something, and that’s fine. I know you all believe that you’re unbeatable. That’s what’s going to make it even better when we win this game. I respect the hell out of your coaches and your team, but y’all are not invincible. So just keep on thinking that we are trash and you’ll win by 30-40 points. We’ll see tomorrow night. 

I expect a really good game. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JLee89 said:

I assure you we’re not overlooking y’all. Y’all will be our toughest test since Cooper. Y’all have a good team. We’re definitely beatable, but it’s just not going to be this week. I just feel like our defense will be able to slow Winky and Wherry much more than anybody you’ve faced.  I also don’t feel like y’all’s defense will have much success against our offense.  

CRITICAL ANALYSIS: This is my breakdown of Fridays matchup and crystal ball guess of the outcome. Starting with the QB I’m giving the edge moderately to Dekalb. I believe he has self trust now on his defensive reads and has assimilated to the new offense and how things look. Passing plays are a problem though they have worked on it but the pass play is not there. But he makes up for that with his legs. The front four on both sides are about even in my opinion, assignments are very disciplined. Secondary probably gos to Hooks from watching highlights of both teams. The kicking game for Dekalb is dismal don’t kid yourself it is horrible. If Dekalb can avoid a big play because of it, that will be huge. The Defense as a whole, edge goes to Hooks. I know this next thing is gonna upset some but the running game goes to Dekalb. Wherry is much improved from last year and faster and Winky isn’t in one place for very long. So all said and done Hooks should win this game. But, I’m picking Dekalb in upset by one point in overtime. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, USAF vet said:

CRITICAL ANALYSIS: This is my breakdown of Fridays matchup and crystal ball guess of the outcome. Starting with the QB I’m giving the edge moderately to Dekalb. I believe he has self trust now on his defensive reads and has assimilated to the new offense and how things look. Passing plays are a problem though they have worked on it but the pass play is not there. But he makes up for that with his legs. The front four on both sides are about even in my opinion, assignments are very disciplined. Secondary probably gos to Hooks from watching highlights of both teams. The kicking game for Dekalb is dismal don’t kid yourself it is horrible. If Dekalb can avoid a big play because of it, that will be huge. The Defense as a whole, edge goes to Hooks. I know this next thing is gonna upset some but the running game goes to Dekalb. Wherry is much improved from last year and faster and Winky isn’t in one place for very long. So all said and done Hooks should win this game. But, I’m picking Dekalb in upset by one point in overtime. 

Very informative. Good job. 

1 hour ago, USAF vet said:

I agree with a lot of this but disagree in a few areas. As far as the QB comparison goes, I judge a QB by his effectiveness as a passer. If we’re comparing that then Hooks has the edge. I agree that Dekalb has the RB edge because Winky and Wherry combined are better than Keyshawn and Coulter combined. Offensive line for both teams are good so that’s a wash. I believe Hooks has the edge on the Defensive line with Godfrey and Minter leading that group. To me the biggest advantage for Hooks is the secondary on defense and the WR group on offense. Hooks has big play ability all over the field and I know Winky has been better at throwing lately but the windows will be much tighter than Dekalb has faced this season. I expect a competitive game and I believe Dekalb will push us but there are too many head to head matchups that favor Hooks. If penalties and turnovers don’t play a major factor Hooks at home should win this game by 10+ points. But I imagine I’ll be a nervous wreck the entire game. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheTruthStings said:

I agree with a lot of this but disagree in a few areas. As far as the QB comparison goes, I judge a QB by his effectiveness as a passer. If we’re comparing that then Hooks has the edge. I agree that Dekalb has the RB edge because Winky and Wherry combined are better than Keyshawn and Coulter combined. Offensive line for both teams are good so that’s a wash. I believe Hooks has the edge on the Defensive line with Godfrey and Minter leading that group. To me the biggest advantage for Hooks is the secondary on defense and the WR group on offense. Hooks has big play ability all over the field and I know Winky has been better at throwing lately but the windows will be much tighter than Dekalb has faced this season. I expect a competitive game and I believe Dekalb will push us but there are too many head to head matchups that favor Hooks. If penalties and turnovers don’t play a major factor Hooks at home should win this game by 10+ points. But I imagine I’ll be a nervous wreck the entire game. 

Very informative. Good job.

3 hours ago, CaptHook said:

I assure you we’re not overlooking y’all. Y’all will be our toughest test since Cooper. Y’all have a good team. We’re definitely beatable, but it’s just not going to be this week. I just feel like our defense will be able to slow Winky and Wherry much more than anybody you’ve faced.  I also don’t feel like y’all’s defense will have much success against our offense.  

👀

Edited by chevyman

16 minutes ago, hornetblue said:

Winnsboro was absolutely our toughest opponent, but CaptHook probably omitted them because we didn't get to finish. 

15 minutes ago, TheTruthStings said:

Toughest test since Winnsboro* but starters haven’t played past the 3rd quarter since Cooper. 

Yes… I didn’t say y’all because it wasn’t a full game, unfortunately. 

Just now, CaptHook said:

Yes… I didn’t say y’all because it wasn’t a full game, unfortunately. 

Y’all were by far the best team we’ve seen thus far.  I just didn’t classify it as a “test” because it didn’t even make it to half.

Lord as these young men assemble on the field of sport, we ask in the name of Jesus for each one’s protection from injury. Place your hand on the event that the evil one cannot find it. Keep those traveling under your umbrella of protecting angels. In the name of Yashua may it be so. Amen.