Whitehouse vs Texas High

dnechi

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hope Whitehouse stadium can accommodate a visiting T-High fan base of say 2000-3000 folks in visitor seating. T-High always bring a fairly large fan base to all away games.

Both times Lindale played THigh we had more fans than you guys did.......that was home AND away!!!!

I heard that Nac is in and WH is out due to ineligible players? And jville has to play tx high now is this at all true??

If this it true.......it would be so amazing that I might not be able to contain myself!!!!!

:smirk: :sorcerer: :happy65: :bounce: :bounce:

Both times Lindale played THigh we had more fans than you guys did.......that was home AND away!!!!

Were you at the junior varsity games or the varsity games? Yes Lindale started out with more fans than Texas High at Lindale. I would expect that from any home team. But after the Lindale band played at halftime, I would say the crowds on both sides of the field were even. By the 4th quarter only parents and girl friends were in the stands at Lindale.

In Texarkana, no way Lindale had a third of the fans that Texas High had at the game and it was probably a light home crowd.

I would guess Texas High will bring 2,000 to 2,500 to Whitehouse. I would guess many families will pick and choose the playoff games they attend due to the economy.

Were you at the junior varsity games or the varsity games? Yes Lindale started out with more fans than Texas High at Lindale. I would expect that from any home team. But after the Lindale band played at halftime, I would say the crowds on both sides of the field were even. By the 4th quarter only parents and girl friends were in the stands at Lindale.

In Texarkana, no way Lindale had a third of the fans that Texas High had at the game and it was probably a light home crowd.

I would guess Texas High will bring 2,000 to 2,500 to Whitehouse. I would guess many families will pick and choose the playoff games they attend due to the economy.

I dont know how many the visitor side seats, but th stadium seats 7,500............I think you should be ok in the visitor stands with 1,500............How big is the band?

We expect this to be the most probable starting Lineup for T-High against Whitehouse Friday night.

Not the official lineup by any means but most probable. They are a very determined group of young men.

TEXAS HIGH OFFENSE

SE -Cobi Hamilton (14), 195#

RT-Andrew Kelley (78), 324#

RG-Reginald Ware (68), 316#

C-Eric Stewart (59), 248#

LG-Matt Schroeder (51), 262#

LT-Jarius Dancer (79), 256#

TE-Logan Preston (43), 185#

FL-Roderick Collier (9), 177#

QB-Nathan Sorenson (8), 193#

TB-Kody Sutton (33), 186#

FB-Clayton Godfrey (32), 196#

TEXAS HIGH DEFENSE

RE-Pharron Minnifield (48), 208#

NG-Vonderrick Allen (98), 318#

ST-Marlon Cooks (55), 278#

SE-Jacoby Thomas (13), 218#

SLB-Lavert King (5), 179#

MLB-Cameron Evans (11), 195 #

WLB-Raymondrick Brown (4), 216#

CB-Jordan Strickland (21), 165#

CB-Roderick Collier (9) 177#

FS-Tarell Beasley (2), 175#

SS-Montrae Williams (30), 186#

We expect this to be the most probable starting Lineup for T-High against Whitehouse Friday night.

Not the official lineup by any means but most probable. They are a very determined group of young men.

TEXAS HIGH OFFENSE

SE -Cobi Hamilton (14), 195#

RT-Andrew Kelley (78), 324#

RG-Reginald Ware (68), 316#

C-Eric Stewart (59), 248#

LG-Matt Schroeder (51), 262#

LT-Jarius Dancer (79), 256#

TE-Logan Preston (43), 185#

FL-Roderick Collier (9), 177#

QB-Nathan Sorenson (8), 193#

TB-Kody Sutton (33), 186#

FB-Clayton Godfrey (32), 196#

TEXAS HIGH DEFENSE

RE-Pharron Minnifield (48), 208#

NG-Vonderrick Allen (98), 318#

ST-Marlon Cooks (55), 278#

SE-Jacoby Thomas (13), 218#

SLB-Lavert King (5), 179#

MLB-Cameron Evans (11), 195 #

WLB-Raymondrick Brown (4), 216#

CB-Jordan Strickland (21), 165#

CB-Roderick Collier (9) 177#

FS-Tarell Beasley (2), 175#

SS-Montrae Williams (30), 186#

where is #39 ^

So, what are the chances Texas High gets cocky?

I mean, It can effect a game quite a bit.

For instance, the Whitehouse v. West Mesquite game last year.

Also, does anyone know how much Slade actually contributed to the team as far as position and what not?

Longview knocked the cocky out of Texas High. Sorry!!!! Texas High has lost major contributors on its offense so far this season - Wide Reciever in a scrimmage, Tight end, #1 running back, and Slade our best short yardage running back and safety. What is nice about watching this team is how it has grown thru the season and how players have stepped up to fill the voids left by injury. Travis Turner a freshman has assumed the #2 running back role and is a very pleasant surprise.

The one question mark that remains is punting. Slade was our punter and averaged over 40 yards per punt.

The intangible that I think will keep Texas High focused on this game happened two years ago. I would guess the story of MacFarlin's decision to throw a game to avoid Texas High in the playoffs will be related. It could be a motivating factor to put an exclamation mark on the game.

T-High’s opponents sometime mistake team confident, determination, execution and patience for being cocky. Two years ago when Whitehouse was plowing thru their districts play on the way to the playoffs. Many folks even in Whitehouse's district at that time felt Whitehouse relaxed on the last game of season after they had made the playoffs. One must wonder why a ball club that had been crushing every opponent until the last game would not want to have an undefeated season in the books. It just might have been a win would have probable matched Whitehouse against T-High in the Div 1 playoffs. This might not be the case but it does cause folks to wonder. T-High wanted to play Whitehouse that year because Whitehouse had an excellent team and would have been good competition going into the playoffs. Whichever team would have won that game; be it T-High or Whitehouse would have been stronger and better prepared to go deeper into the playoffs.

If T-High had any cockiness in the team we agree with prior post it was removed by Longview game this year (one of the worse defeat T-High has taken during the Norton tenure). We feel the T-High team now understands that any time the team enters the field of play you can be defeated unless the team as a whole plays with the before mentioned confident, determination, execution and patience.

T-High’s opponents sometime mistake team confident, determination, execution and patience for being cocky. Two years ago when Whitehouse was plowing thru their districts play on the way to the playoffs. Many folks even in Whitehouse's district at that time felt Whitehouse relaxed on the last game of season after they had made the playoffs. One must wonder why a ball club that had been crushing every opponent until the last game would not want to have an undefeated season in the books. It just might have been a win would have probable matched Whitehouse against T-High in the Div 1 playoffs. This might not be the case but it does cause folks to wonder. T-High wanted to play Whitehouse that year because Whitehouse had an excellent team and would have been good competition going into the playoffs. Whichever team would have won that game; be it T-High or Whitehouse would have been stronger and better prepared to go deeper into the playoffs.

If T-High had any cockiness in the team we agree with prior post it was removed by Longview game this year (one of the worse defeat T-High has taken during the Norton tenure). We feel the T-High team now understands that any time the team enters the field of play you can be defeated unless the team as a whole plays with the before mentioned confident, determination, execution and patience.

Whitehouse was not undefeated going into the last game. They had lost to SS and maybe someone else. They had district locked and many injuries. THEY DID NOT THROW THE GAME YOU RETARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This poster would never make sure an accusation as “THROW THE GAME” if that were the case we are sure the UIL may have investigated such a claim. With all the facts at the time laid before us it causes folks to wonder.

We may have been mistaken in undefeated season comment maybe undefeated in district play would have been correct sorry for the mistake.

Anyway T-High will finally get to matchup with Whitehouse. We expect a hard fought game with Whitehouse and T-High players and fan are looking forward to the game.

We hope Whitehouse has all your team healthy, injury free and ready to hit the field Friday night.

We know this is going to be a good hard fought game either way it comes out.

This poster would never make sure an accusation as “THROW THE GAME” if that were the case we are sure the UIL may have investigated such a claim. With all the facts at the time laid before us it causes folks to wonder.

We may have been mistaken in undefeated season comment maybe undefeated in district play would have been correct sorry for the mistake.

Anyway T-High will finally get to matchup with Whitehouse. We expect a hard fought game with Whitehouse and T-High players and fan are looking forward to the game.

We hope Whitehouse has all your team healthy, injury free and ready to hit the field Friday night.

We know this is going to be a good hard fought game either way it comes out.

A group of mental midgets in Kilgore started and continue to fuel that bunch of garbage about throwing the game. Luke Shivers had played the previous week on one leg. If he played against Nac it might have been his last game. The decisions on who played in the Nac game and who didn't would not have changed even if losing the game would have meant facing T-High in the first round.

I hope WH plays their best. If they do, they'll give you a fight. I think T-High will eventually wear them down even if they do. If WH isn't ready to play they will get steamrolled.

To be fair to Whitehouse concerning the events two years ago as we understand it Nac was the last district game. It ended up with T-High playing Nac in the Bi-District playoff game. As we remember it Nac played T-High a tough game in Tyler that year. T-High beat Nac we don’t remember the final score but the game outcome was in doubt until the last quarter if our memory serves us correctly.

It may have been a tough game for Whitehouse if all team players had been healthy as Nac was playing to get in the playoffs also.

Whitehouse was not undefeated going into the last game. They had lost to SS and maybe someone else. They had district locked and many injuries. THEY DID NOT THROW THE GAME YOU RETARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed.

It would also be pretty hard to intentionally lose.

Indeed.

It would also be pretty hard to intentionally lose.

WH could not have lost to SS this year. SS was 1-9, it was Coach Owens first year, and Rollison was a young sophomore quarterback. I am pretty sure WH didn't lose to SS. THis would have been Mallet's Senior year and THigh was undefeated going into the playoffs. SS wasn't even in WH's district this year.

They DID throw the game........they played JV players during that game and it was not because of injuries to the Varsity. They DID NOT want to play THigh in the 1st playoff round. And if you ask me, it was a smart decision! But let's not act like it didn't happen...........