Aggies are 35 point dog vs Texas!

Immortal13

Quit dimishing the way TT handled tu. For some reason, you boys in orange think if you can convince enough people TT "barely" beat you, it will make you look more "NC worthy".

TT beat tu like a red-headed stepchild, much worse than the final score showed. You know that. Whether you'll ever admit it is another thing. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Now, I don't have problem with a one-loss team being NC. But Texas is not the master of its own fate anymore. The stars must align for tu to make it to the show. That's backing in.

TT didn't handle UT. I still have it on DVR, come watch. TT dominated the first half(score and stats). UT dominated the second half(score and stats). And the final score was 39-33 won with a play on the last play of the game. No matter how you slice it that was a "barely" win. But hey, TT still won. If you want to get technical, the ONLY team that controls their own destiny is ALABAMA. So, by your reasoning, ANYONE else that makes it will be "backing in". I am ok with that. My team can "back in" while yours goes "back home".

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit dimishing the way TT handled tu. For some reason, you boys in orange think if you can convince enough people TT "barely" beat you, it will make you look more "NC worthy".

TT beat tu like a red-headed stepchild, much worse than the final score showed. You know that. Whether you'll ever admit it is another thing. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Now, I don't have problem with a one-loss team being NC. But Texas is not the master of its own fate anymore. The stars must align for tu to make it to the show. That's backing in.

hey bleeds, sounds like you're just a little jealous of all the fame and glory that comes with being a Texas Longhorn. Why would you care if they get in or not? If you have any common sense you'll want another Texas team playing for the title. I'd rather see your aggies in the "ship" then the dang sooners!!!

Why don't you just wake up and smell the coffee and start cheering for your bigger and better rivals.

(insert stupid smiley face or something)

My team can "back in" while yours go "back home".

Amen brotha!!!

I personally believe in miracles.... I just think the good Lord has better things to do Thanksgiving night than helping my Ags BTHO the 'horns.

Post of the year. I seriously laughed out loud on that one. Thank you base. :lol:

35 points seems pretty close.

hey bleeds, sounds like you're just a little jealous of all the fame and glory that comes with being a Texas Longhorn.

I'm sorry, do you play on the team? Do you have a diploma hanging on your wall?

If you answer yes to both of those, then I bow down to your greatness. If no to one or both, I doubt you hold the true fame and glory of a Texas Longhorn.

Jeez, seriously. Texas is an awesome school with an awesome football program, but the 'fans' sure like to muck it up. Some of you rival the red-behinds I had to deal with for four years in College Station. And that's saying A LOT considering ...

hey bleeds, sounds like you're just a little jealous of all the fame and glory that comes with being a Texas Longhorn. Why would you care if they get in or not? If you have any common sense you'll want another Texas team playing for the title. I'd rather see your aggies in the "ship" then the dang sooners!!!

Why don't you just wake up and smell the coffee and start cheering for your bigger and better rivals.

I've patted the 'horns on the back enough in my time here. But you, as a newbie wouldn't know that. And if you would read all my posts on the subject (sorry, they're scattered over about 100 threads by now), you would see I'm not adverse to them making it in. Most of my posts have been in response to tu fans abandoning the topic and pounding on the Aggies or trying to show how unimportant the TT loss was. That's easy to do. We're terrible.

Honestly, I don't care who gets in, as long as it is the best two teams. I don't thing tu is one of those teams right now. If I had to pick two, it would be Florida and OU.

Jealous? No. Don't get me wrong. It would be great for the roles to be reversed, but they're not. I can live with that. What is interesting is the number of tu fans who can't live with it the way it is.

As far as the fame and glory that comes with being a longhorn, that's okay. By the way, how does merely being a longhorn offer fame and glory? Doesn't one actually have to earn that?

Just wondering.

^

Mack's fate is out of his hands. At this point, it wouldn't make any difference how bad he beats the Ags. If OU beats OSU, the 'horns are out, another NC yet again slipping through their fingers.

I don't think it necessarily works out that way. If both UT and OU win out, Texas still has a trump card in that they beat OU pretty handily. UT could very well still be #2 even if OU beats OSU. Not sure where you got your info from ... or are you just hoping?

I don't think it necessarily works out that way. If both UT and OU win out, Texas still has a trump card in that they beat OU pretty handily. UT could very well still be #2 even if OU beats OSU. Not sure where you got your info from ... or are you just hoping?

That was the point I was trying to make. The "experts" vary on how it will shake out. NOBODY can really predict how humans and computers will react. Soem say OU wins and they are in. Some say if UT trounces A&M and then OU wins a squeker then UT can stay ahead. The computers are what is giving UT the edge now and that could remain. Humans can also change their vote from one week to another. Who knows who controls their own destiny except fro Alabama.

Nice Immortal. You're peeved that your 'horns got handled by TT, the TT got a pants down spanking by OU so you post a thread beating on the Aggies. Is that the only way you can feel good about your 'horns right now?

Bleeds, now your getting on my nerves....you usually don't do that, but anyhow, you asked Immortal if showing the line for the UT vs TAMU game was the only way he can feel good about the Longhorns.

Immortal can feel good about the Longhorns, because they're the 2nd ranked team in the country on 11-24, i.e., late in the season, and still has a very real chance/opportunity to win the Big 12 title and national title. Oh, and remember this, all those media types you mentioned in your post (but I erased) are the people that said UT has a much better chance of winning the Big 12 and national titles NEXT year.

I-13 has plenty of reasons to be proud of his team.

Bleeds, now your getting on my nerves....you usually don't do that, but anyhow, you asked Immortal if showing the line for the UT vs TAMU game was the only way he can feel good about the Longhorns.

Immortal can feel good about the Longhorns, because they're the 2nd ranked team in the country on 11-24, i.e., late in the season, and still has a very real chance/opportunity to win the Big 12 title and national title. Oh, and remember this, all those media types you mentioned in your post (but I erased) are the people that said UT has a much better chance of winning the Big 12 and national titles NEXT year.

I-13 has plenty of reasons to be proud of his team.

Thanks Cat, but I can stick up for myself. Me and Bleeds have been sparring on SDC long before you were here. Bleeds just likes to think he's getting under my skin (shhh don't tell him it doesn't) Bleeds is a good guy, and I feel sorry for him actually. You know all this Longhorn success is killing him inside :smirk:.

Bleeds, now your getting on my nerves....

Mission accomplished. Lots of things I enjoy in life. Getting under the whiney orange's skin ranks right up there at the top.

This has become almost as much fun as the political threads. :thumbsup:

BTW, Immortal loves me. Loosen the bone Wilma.

he got it from the fact that UT has a big lead in the computers because of strength of schedule, that will change greatly when UT plays the worst team in the south and OU plays #12 O$U in Stoolwater.... then the computers will rank them closer assuming OU wins and since OU has the advantage in the human polls it will probably be enough to bump them to #2.

tu will over look A&M. I have played in games like this in my time. The ones that the opponent is so horrible that if you lose you would not stick your head out of the locker room for a month. On these games kids try too hard to play perfect and end up letting teams that they should dominate stay in it WAY too long. A&M will keep it close until the 4th where a worried mack will get his team to squeek out the win. tu 42 A&M 31. And no matter what A&M's record is they will play with the "what have you done for me lately" swagger. They come out ready and shock everyone with their ability to move on tu defense.

tu will over look A&M. I have played in games like this in my time. The ones that the opponent is so horrible that if you lose you would not stick your head out of the locker room for a month. On these games kids try too hard to play perfect and end up letting teams that they should dominate stay in it WAY too long. A&M will keep it close until the 4th where a worried mack will get his team to squeek out the win. tu 42 A&M 31. And no matter what A&M's record is they will play with the "what have you done for me lately" swagger. They come out ready and shock everyone with their ability to move on tu defense.

UT will not overlook A&M, because they know a strong game against A&M could put them in the Big 12 championship game to fight for a chance at the national title as well. UT will have all the intangible advantages going into this game, because they've lost the last two against A&M and knowing they have to win impressively to get into the conference title game.

Texas will be ready for this game, and win big.

****ALERT***

Bleeds, here's you're Aggie that thinks y'all have a shot in this game. Pay up the hundred bucks!!!

It's been said for years - you can lose early in the BCS, not late. OU is playing the best football in college right now, but the fact remains they lost head to head on a neutral site. However, by losing to UT early, OU can leapfrog Texas with a win over OSU this week. Beating A&M will do nothing for Texas unless human voters put them ahead of OU. The problem with that is human's want immediate gratification and live in the present. At present time, OU is playing as hot as anybody.

If UT, OU and TT all win this week, there will be eyes glued to the BCS rankings to see if UT or OU will be headed to the BIG XII Championship. Don't forget this game is in Kansas City where a Missouri team is already waiting. I don't expect Chase Daniel to play as poorly as he did the last time against UT, but I don't think Mizzou's defense can stop either team.

Bleeds - I call bravo sierra on your statement that UT would be backing into the NC if they make it. All any team can do is play the games. UT was pounded by TT the 2 1/2 quarters in Lubbock. A few key players were out early, and UT had to make adjustments. Before the season started, UT was picked by most to be third in the BIG XII South; some even had them fourth behind A&M. They climbed to #1 by simply playing the games (with 2 true freshmen for safeties) in a league that everyone was touting as the best conference in regards to QBs and passing attacks. Regardless of what happens, I'm proud of my Horns and what they've accomplished this year, and I'm excited about what we bring back next year.

I wish there was a way I could collect the $100 from you. One of my best friends graduated from A&M, and his corp boots rest on the hearth of his fireplace. He truly feels his Aggies have a chance this week because he knows the Aggies will leave every ounce of strength they have on the field to beat the Longhorns. I wish I could say the same for some Longhorn teams of the past.

Last, I would take the Aggies and 35 points in a heartbeat. Not because Mack Brown believes in sportsmanship, but because I think the Aggies can keep it closer than that. Any Aggie that feels different needs to check their rings in at the door. I would never say the Longhorns didn't have a chance regardless of who they were playing. In fact I believe it is nothing more than a cop out for an Aggie to say they will get pounded this week. That's just playing it safe so they can say, "I told you so," or they can celebrate if the Aggies win.

PS - Javorski Lane is still a whining punk!!!

I've patted the 'horns on the back enough in my time here. But you, as a newbie wouldn't know that. And if you would read all my posts on the subject (sorry, they're scattered over about 100 threads by now), you would see I'm not adverse to them making it in.

Less posts, more knowledge. Sorry i don't have 23,343,342,753,456,798,125,467 posts on here, i guess that just shows who has a life. Me! go out and get one bleeds, looks like your girlfriend is your computer! What ya'll doing tonight? Proving how all-powerful you are on these forum things?

ha ha just messing with ya, but seriously.

I'm sorry, do you play on the team? Do you have a diploma hanging on your wall?

If you answer yes to both of those, then I bow down to your greatness. If no to one or both, I doubt you hold the true fame and glory of a Texas Longhorn.

Jeez, seriously. Texas is an awesome school with an awesome football program, but the 'fans' sure like to muck it up. Some of you rival the red-behinds I had to deal with for four years in College Station. And that's saying A LOT considering ...

Hey G.M.

No sure don't, do you play for the aggies?

Hey I'll be honest, I'm just a high school student sitting in a blow off class right now with nothing better to do but get on here and have some fun!

Not to mention I'm a Die-hard bleed orange Texas Longhorn fan, I have every right to say the things i say.

Hey G.M.

No sure don't, do you play for the aggies?

Hey I'll be honest, I'm just a high school student sitting in a blow off class right now with nothing better to do but get on here and have some fun!

Not to mention I'm a Die-hard bleed orange Texas Longhorn fan, I have every right to say the things i say.

Keep doing that an all you'll ever be is a t-shirt Longhorn.

Stay in school.