Official 2014 Astros Baseball Thread

Wild74

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok where we are. I was looking for around 75 wins which was very doable if Springer hadn't gone down early and we had gotten either of the bullpen arms back we were counting on.

Need to definitely tighten the bullpen. I would like to see a 500 record next year. We're trending up which is all you can ask

They must have got him cheap, then......too bad they didn't go out and get someone who may actually have helped a little bit........

Really wanted them to steal Ausmus from Detroit. Berkman was another sentimental favorite. Realistically Ron Gardenhire sounded good to me

They must have got him cheap, then......too bad they didn't go out and get someone who may actually have helped a little bit........

I agree. I saw this last night, and just shook my head. I realize that the Stro's are looking good for the future, but I don't think this is the guy to handle the job. His resume is very poor, and he hasn't led any team to any division titles. He looks like another scapegoat if the Astros don't improve.

Soo many questions going through my mind about this hiring...

They had 10 candidates. Was the pool shallow? Were candidates skeptical about working for Lunhow and Hinch was the only to take the bait? Did he go to a magical coaching school since he left Arizona? Is he a "yes" man for Lunhow?

I just don't know what to think. I wasn't looking for a big splash hire, but something better than this. Again, maybe he will be better than I am thinking, and I will try to keep an open mind, but this just feels weird...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...