Now who is the strongest in 16-3A?

Sportsfanatic1

After this weeks scores, both teams may be able to compete a little more than most think.. it was only a scrimmage but SH easily scored on a Tatum team that defeated Gilmer and we also shut Tatum out on first team D. Carthage only beat Lindale by 5. SH had a great shot at beating Lindale.

Gladewater AND Spring Hill could really surprise everybody more than everyone is expecting....only lost by 1 to canton then went and had an amazing 14 point win against wills point....and both teams are extremely good! Now comparing them to Carthage, Pitt, Henderson, and Gilmer is prolly gonna be a completely different story....but...... I surely see us upsetting some people and turning some heads.....don't count us out just yet guys!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the teams all have 11 on O and 11 on D, some have more talent at those 11 positions, in the case of 16AAA right now I'd say the teams that are PittReady (what ever that is) are....

PittReady :nowhearthis:

Henderson

Gilmer

Carthage

Stay PittReady :nowhearthis:

Pitt

Not PittReady :nowhearthis:

Gladewater

Springhill

Dude hahahahaha see you 10/22/2010 and we'll see who isn't "PittReady" hahahahaha

I am keeping with my predictions from earlier this year

Henderson

Carthage

Gilmer

I will probably be very wrong when all is said and done, but who knows. I believe Carthages high powered offense will take them to an 8-2 record, Henderson defense will get them the district title, and Gilmer will be very close behind. I think each one of these teams loses on game in district.

I'm on board....I think Henderson is in the running for the crown as well. But don't bring this weak stuff. L-E barely beat 2A DII Paul Pewitt by 8 with a late 4th quarter score....I'm not impressed there. Us and Spring Hill walked ALL OVER Mt. Pleasant in a scrimmage. We scored 4 TDs(1st string) and SH scored 3 TDs(1st string).....MP didn't score on either team. So no......nobody is in denial.....you've played 2 very very weak 4A teams that would still not be in the running in a 3A district. So while I'm saying Henderson is my early favorite.....I'm still wanting to see a quality win from them. When do they play a quality opponent??

Eagle8-I will have to agree with Topcat, check your facts. I have been following the board for a few years and just this year decided to start posting. I enjoy reading a lot of the info, but I would be most interested in whether you have ever put a jock strap on. You seem to put a lot of stock in a scrimmage that was the first scrimmage for a new coach. Hate to even say it, since we only scored once in the three way scrimmmage, but since you are so interested in continuing to say that MP is so bad, you must have been in the restroom when Julian broke off a 60 yard run and tripped over a blade of grass and then turned around two plays later and scored. No big deal, because it was all three teams first scrimmage.

I think Carthage will take it. I don't think Henderson is as good as a lot of ppl are predicting, jsut because a team was 4a doesn't mean they can compete in 3a. Look at CH in the early 2000's if you don't believe me. The year they moved down, they had a winning record in predistrict ball, but come district they didn't even make the playoffs.

1. Carthage

2. Pitt

3. Gilmer

Sept. 24 Pitt vs Tatum

October 8 Pitt vs Carthage

October15 Pitt vs Henderson

After these games ,Pitt will have you singing a different tune about the playoff outlook--believe me..Pitt understands that they must win on the field to prove they belong. Thats not a problem for the Pirates.. :pirate: This will work itself out in the upcoming few weeks..Carthage only road game.. Get em Pirates!!!!!

I have seen the Manley kid at QB. He is okay... that's it. I've seen him play at least twice and know for a fact that if Pleasant Grove had not laid down in the 4th quarter, they would have beat them. They may have some talented kids. MOST East Texas teams do. However, when they play the likes of Tatum, Carthage, Henderson, Gilmer......they will have to step up and prove themselves. Playing Carthage and Henderson back to back is going to hurt. Both are extremely physical. Gilmer always plays physical too. Either way, I will not sing a different tune. If Pitt gets into playoffs they will get beat. NO State Championship for ya'll. LOL. Oh, by the way, be prepared to play a good Brookhill team. They are physical. I've seen em in person. They will hit you.

I think Carthage will take it. I don't think Henderson is as good as a lot of ppl are predicting, jsut because a team was 4a doesn't mean they can compete in 3a. Look at CH in the early 2000's if you don't believe me. The year they moved down, they had a winning record in predistrict ball, but come district they didn't even make the playoffs.

1. Carthage

2. Pitt

3. Gilmer

Well how is your predictions now?

I have seen the Manley kid at QB. He is okay... that's it. I've seen him play at least twice and know for a fact that if Pleasant Grove had not laid down in the 4th quarter, they would have beat them. They may have some talented kids. MOST East Texas teams do. However, when they play the likes of Tatum, Carthage, Henderson, Gilmer......they will have to step up and prove themselves. Playing Carthage and Henderson back to back is going to hurt. Both are extremely physical. Gilmer always plays physical too. Either way, I will not sing a different tune. If Pitt gets into playoffs they will get beat. NO State Championship for ya'll. LOL. Oh, by the way, be prepared to play a good Brookhill team. They are physical. I've seen em in person. They will hit you.

Dude Seriously ? :bangin: :smirk:

I've gotta say....things are shaking up more than anyone could imagine in this district. Pitt very well could be a playoff team this year. Gilmer can't find a defense......I dont know what the hell happened to Carthage tonight......I dunno whats up other than somebody just put two hands on the football world and gave it a good shake. Let me see what Pitt is about in 2 weeks and hell.....I might have them winning this district...though my pick right now stays with Henderson after a pretty convincing win over Ladarius Anthony and Kilgore. Man.....the 2010 football season is gonna be a good one. :wacko:

Can't wait to hear what you gotta say :smirk: ...Funny how MUTE and DAWGDAZE hasn't graced us with their presence... :hmm: Sooo Are you still sticking to the same ol' tune mute ? :cripple:

I've gotta say....things are shaking up more than anyone could imagine in this district. Pitt very well could be a playoff team this year. Gilmer can't find a defense......I dont know what the hell happened to Carthage tonight......I dunno whats up other than somebody just put two hands on the football world and gave it a good shake. Let me see what Pitt is about in 2 weeks and hell.....I might have them winning this district...though my pick right now stays with Henderson after a pretty convincing win over Ladarius Anthony and Kilgore. Man.....the 2010 football season is gonna be a good one. :wacko:

The Pirates will be ready on 9-24-10...First we have business with Atlanta ...

Go Pitt and stay thirsty!!!!

The Pirates will be ready on 9-24-10...First we have business with Atlanta ...

Go Pitt and stay thirsty!!!!

Really.....Atlanta?? Dont they have Linden Kildare the week after??? What the hell we're they thinking when they designed the schedule? In 3 games they've been outscored 146-34.....now Pitt, then L-K.....rough stuff. Take it easy on 'em....they're young and small. QB might be 5'6....closer to 5'5. No passing game....but i warn you this.....if #9 Corion Webster ever gets out in front, you will never catch him. Only a sophmore but my god he is fast. Dont kick it deep in the middle......he'll take it to the house if he gets just a small crease. Big bruising fullback is Joe Rose that makes 3rd and short automatic....but 3rd and short very rarely happens. They give it their all on every play, just too young.....think they could be good once Webster gets a little older.

I think Henderson is still the best but I think Pitt and Gladewater are creeping up on Carthage and Gilmer.

Pitt is....I dunno about Gladewater....that loss to Canton is still hanging in the back of my head. Gotta wow me to impress me now......that hasn't been done yet. I just dont see a defense in Gladewater that can stop these offenses in the district as of right now.

And Ctown81 and they are literally in the MUTE stage now!

Lol..Kinda nice huh Longball.. :smirk: Not a lot to say either way after being THROTTLED. Atleast Snaptx made a good statement.. :thumbsup: Atleast when Gilmer looses--they still show up and fight down to the wire.. I bet stadium was empty after halftime.....

Pitt is....I dunno about Gladewater....that loss to Canton is still hanging in the back of my head. Gotta wow me to impress me now......that hasn't been done yet. I just dont see a defense in Gladewater that can stop these offenses in the district as of right now.

I think that Canton loss is in the back of all gladewater fans aswell. Not going to say we had that game in the bag, but we were in the driver seating and played flat until there was about 8 minutes left in the game.

Canton isn't a bad team. Gladewater played them hard until the last second. How can you say that Pittsburg is creeping up; but Gladewater isn't because they don't wow you or impress you? No offense intended to Pitt, but who have they played so far this season that's impressive? They defeated a 2A team (Jefferson), a not so good 3A team (Palestine), & a TAPPS team (Brook Hill). Gladewater's non-district is a lot tougher than Pitt's.

Elaborate...

Really.....Atlanta?? Dont they have Linden Kildare the week after??? What the hell we're they thinking when they designed the schedule? In 3 games they've been outscored 146-34.....now Pitt, then L-K.....rough stuff. Take it easy on 'em....they're young and small. QB might be 5'6....closer to 5'5. No passing game....but i warn you this.....if #9 Corion Webster ever gets out in front, you will never catch him. Only a sophmore but my god he is fast. Dont kick it deep in the middle......he'll take it to the house if he gets just a small crease. Big bruising fullback is Joe Rose that makes 3rd and short automatic....but 3rd and short very rarely happens. They give it their all on every play, just too young.....think they could be good once Webster gets a little older.

We are very used to Atlanta and what they bring to the table as we have competed with them in district the last 2 years...The Pirates will be ready....

The first game of the season a loss by one point? How long can you hold that over somebody? Thats like me bringing up the Bullard game two years ago 42-49 yall lost......anyways the point is we have stepped up and beat our last to opponents by 20+ Gladewater has a chance at this district.....Believe that!

First and foremost, CH didn't just beat us. They ate our sack lunch. Congrats!

As for the district:

I say Gilmer, Henderson, and Carthage. (sorry pitt)

Gilmer- Lost 2 games to good teams. Head to head I think they can't be anyone in 16-3A

Henderson- I still don't know. I don't think they've been tested by a really good team in the preseason. Although, I respect Kilgore, I still want to see them tested. I'm still not a believer but I may be soon.

Carthage- Offense is fine, but defense wins titles and that's something we don't have. Right now we have to outscore everyone and I just don't see us doing that with the above teams.

Pittsburg- Can't make an assessment until they play a quality opponent.

I don't see a defense in Carthage either so I can imagine what the davis boy will do to that defense. But I think CH showed that if you got athletes to match Carthages athletes than you have a great shot at winning and there are alot of teams left with athletes like center, gladewater, henderson, pitt, and gilmer. I'm not saying they will lose to all them just saying they have a good chance to take out the 2 time defending champs. Nac has some athletes too but I just don't see them beating the dawgs.

First and foremost, CH didn't just beat us. They ate our sack lunch. Congrats!

As for the district:

I say Gilmer, Henderson, and Carthage. (sorry pitt)

Gilmer- Lost 2 games to good teams. Head to head I think they can't be anyone in 16-3A

Henderson- I still don't know. I don't think they've been tested by a really good team in the preseason. Although, I respect Kilgore, I still want to see them tested. I'm still not a believer but I may be soon.

Carthage- Offense is fine, but defense wins titles and that's something we don't have. Right now we have to outscore everyone and I just don't see us doing that with the above teams.

Pittsburg- Can't make an assessment until they play a quality opponent.

Where do you see Gladewater in this district?