Playoff Projections for 2A Division I

bluetiger114

I may end up totally off on my picks, but I have made my projected playoff bracket for 2A Division I. It's on our website at the link below.

http://www.daingerfieldquarterbackclub.webs.com/

There is not a team in New Boston's part of the bracket that the Lions can't beat by at least 14 points. I would be shocked if Daingerfield and New Boston don't play again in about a month. :thumbsup:

There is not a team in New Boston's part of the bracket that the Lions can't beat by at least 14 points. I would be shocked if Daingerfield and New Boston don't play again in about a month. :thumbsup:

i sure hope so!!! i loved watching your boys play :) though at our exspense at times and our anguish haha.....but i DEFINATELY cant wait to see that big ole boy play for Texas....you know who i'm talkin about :)

we'll stay focused and ensure our meeting once again....cuz i KNOW that game will be somthing to see :) ...hopefully for 4 complete qtrs this time :thumbsup:

Having played Godley this year and seeing first hand what they are capable of, I am anxious for them to get a little piece of East Tx...They will get throttled! Martinez kid can go and his little brother is a phenomenal DB, but they won't be able to put on the field what Tatum or Dfield can

How good is Pottsboro? Seems like it could be a good game vs Dangerfield. Are they just a good team in a weak district or are they legit.

Potsboro averages 32 points a game, gives up 12 points a game. They've had a pretty weak schedule. They have a sophomore QB who threw 3 ints in the loss to Howe. That does not bode well in dealing with Daingerfield's pressure defense. If you start turning the ball over against the Tigers, it will be a long night.

@ Henrietta 14-13 (W)

Farmersville 48-8 (W)

@ Whitesboro 30-6 (W)

Anna 34-9 (W)

Tom Bean 39-14 (W)

Boyd 35-14 (W)

Ponder 51-8 (W)

@ Callisburg 21-14 (W)

@ Howe 13-20 (L)

If Daingerfield plays well, they should win by 30+.

Bottom Line.................Nobody but nobody west of here has seen what East Texas AA ball brings. They all think they have played somebody till somebody like DF or Tatum shows up. Probably do not match up well at the next level down which is teams with a lot going for them like NB.

There ain't nothing like ET speed and speed kills. Probably the best team DF has ever played was Vernon two years in a row and it took that massive amount of talent to beat them. Dennis Alexanders greatest coaching moment was late in the game at Texas Stadium. Vernon was unstoppable rushing the punter and with the game on the line, deep in Df territory with not much time left, Stutsman goes pack to punt and throws a pass to seal the deal. That is what defines a program.

With it on the line and you are all in DF and Tatum will find a way to beat you. From the fans, athletes, and coaches it is hard for other teams to break through because these monsters never go away. Many teams try not to lose but the great ones show up to win.

• 3 weeks later...
Whitesboro, Howe and Callisburg are the only teams on that list that are of any quality. Henrietta will finish second in our district which is DOWN and Boyd is down as well...Ponder is a new program...Won't be much of a test

I actually thought Anna was maybe our best win of the season. They were pretty good and we totally dominated that game.