Gilmer vs. LE

j-hawks

Gilmer vs. LE  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gilmer
    • LE

I dont think people are giving LE the credit they deserve. No, I dont think they are currently as good as the 06 team was but they are NOT far from it. IMO Tra is as good as Lamichael was in high school but people try to compare him to where LMJ is at now. Theres plenty of proof like all of LMJ's records that Tra is breaking. Trey Norman is not a bad passer but not as good as Middlebrooks was but he is a lot better runner than Middlebrooks. The only real differences I see in this team and the 06 team is they O-line doesnt have the push they had in 06 and ofcourse the kicking game is down since they dont have middlebrooks kicking and punting the ball. But I dont believe the 06 team had a receiver as good as Brian Reed.

with all this said i believe the leopards will come out ready to play this week. This senior class is not ready for their season to be over and will do whatever it takes to pull out this win. Should be an exciting game considering the history between these 2 teams.

LE by 7! :thumbsup:

KALE

Agree Reed kid is good but he's the only Wr LE has versus an 06 team that had 3 good WRs that were bigger n taller. Speed was about the same tho. My point is that its easier to say he's better because he's LE only go to WR. 06 Middlebrooks had a choice of Fowler who was 6'4 215 Whigham 6'1 200 Waller 6'1 190. Reeds only 5'10 @ best bout 165. All of which made plays with limited touches. If i remember correctly Waller played TE as well. He was probably the best all-round IMO.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its gonna be good. Gilmer's lost to J-ville, Tatum, and Carthage. L.E. has lost to Gilmer and Henderson. Both have very good resumes to deal. But like any coach says, throw all that out the window now. All those games mean nothing now. One team has to beat the other in order to keep their season alive. Anything can happen. If both are on their A-game, it will probably be one of the highest scoring match-ups this year. This one could go either way... no blow outs, no reserves playing (barring injuries). Our best versus their best. I love it

Like the shirt says: Go L.E. BEAT GILMER

glad to see AOB and Blackflag back on here....... all we need now is another TDH brew spread around the Texarkana area to make this thing complete.......... we all chipped in last weekend over in Pitt to help them wax the bball court and brush the spiderwebbs out of the building and now we are passing around another work day schedule to help out the boys over at LE........ LOL

glad to see AOB and Blackflag back on here....... all we need now is another TDH brew spread around the Texarkana area to make this thing complete.......... we all chipped in last weekend over in Pitt to help them wax the bball court and brush the spiderwebbs out of the building and now we are passing around another work day schedule to help out the boys over at LE........ LOL

who does LE play next wk in basketball :coolball: :thumbdown: :icon_eek:

good luck to the lady leopards....the boys will start next week :coolball: :pirate: :rofl:

Wow, he's a witty one! I get it, that's your way of smack talking ...

Predicting that they will be playing Basketball means, WAIT...

Bbasketball will happen whether or not they are playing football.

Your pun has some holes in it...

Not all the football players play Basketball, and they sure don't hold up seasons to wait.

That's OK, we all got your classy attempt to spell it out, You think Gilmer is going to win.

Got It! :thumbsup:

In all reality, Gilmer, given the number of players that were supposed to be out during their losses, still fields a formidible team.

Liberty Eylau may have shown some improvement since then.

We shall see, sometimes overconfidence is dangerous...

If LE plays good football, in all aspects, (which is what teams Must do in the second season) they stand a good chance of the 'upset'.

88 yards and 1 TD

So L/E does'nt have much of a passing game? 88 yds tells me Gilmer stacked the box and dared them to pass. Without a good passing offense, gonna be tough to outscore Gilmer. Should be a pretty good game, but I think Buckeyes have just too much offense for the leopards to overcome. They have several defensive starters back, and Gus Johnson is a BEAST.

Stack the box to stop him, Turner will dice them up.

So L/E does'nt have much of a passing game? 88 yds tells me Gilmer stacked the box and dared them to pass. Without a good passing offense, gonna be tough to outscore Gilmer. Should be a pretty good game, but I think Buckeyes have just too much offense for the leopards to overcome. They have several defensive starters back, and Gus Johnson is a BEAST.

passing game is much improved since the first meeting of these 2 teams.

LE runs a completely different offense now

As a matter of fact that was LEs best game passing. Trey passed for 206 yards and a TD

Wow, he's a witty one! I get it, that's your way of smack talking ...

Predicting that they will be playing Basketball means, WAIT...

Bbasketball will happen whether or not they are playing football.

Your pun has some holes in it...

Not all the football players play Basketball, and they sure don't hold up seasons to wait.

That's OK, we all got your classy attempt to spell it out, You think Gilmer is going to win.

Got It! :thumbsup:

In all reality, Gilmer, given the number of players that were supposed to be out during their losses, still fields a formidible team.

Liberty Eylau may have shown some improvement since then.

We shall see, sometimes overconfidence is dangerous...

If LE plays good football, in all aspects, (which is what teams Must do in the second season) they stand a good chance of the 'upset'.

we need to team you up with AOB on out side...ya'll use such good grammer and such...i could never learn that in my studY for a GDE

BUCKS 35 LIBERTY EYELOW 10 :coolball: :sorcerer: :woohoo:

L-E ran a diamond formation in the backfield during the last game. That allowed Gilmer to stack the box because there was no one else to cover.

If you stack the box now you will have to leave receivers one-on-one. L-E does not have an outstanding passing game, but they will beat you one-on-one.

Should make it interesting. L-E hasn't given up many rushing yards since Gilmer so it will be interesting to see how that plays out too.

This is a game that could be a blowout either way or a barn burner. Should be fun to watch.

I say L-E plays the way they have been and surprised some non-believers. L-E 36 Gilmer 28.

L-E ran a diamond formation in the backfield during the last game. That allowed Gilmer to stack the box because there was no one else to cover.

If you stack the box now you will have to leave receivers one-on-one. L-E does not have an outstanding passing game, but they will beat you one-on-one.

Should make it interesting. L-E hasn't given up many rushing yards since Gilmer so it will be interesting to see how that plays out too.

This is a game that could be a blowout either way or a barn burner. Should be fun to watch.

I say L-E plays the way they have been and surprised some non-believers. L-E 36 Gilmer 28.

:rofl: :thumbdown: :coolball:

Well, the last game, Gus Johnson only got a couple carries in the second half, one of them he nearly scored, L-E will get a full dose of him, this game, and we do have one of the Miller boys back, that did'nt play in that game, so hopefully L-E has made some changes, if not Gilmer will win this one big, Gilmer is hitting their stride, barring any injuries, Gilmer will be tough here on out, most of us are hoping for a Carthage rematch, on neutral ground, and a healthy team,,, Good luck to the Leopards,,,and may Topcat rest in peace!........."Bring the Fire" Buckeyes!