Combine focus: Mallett melts, Newton shines

• 2 weeks later...

What is on many NFL scouts minds is : Can Cam Newton take a snap from center ? He's always been in the shotgun, and can he make the reads with NFL defenses and the speed involved ? I'm just hoping there's not a lockout on next season.

Funny thing about that is most NFL quarterbacks are taking more and more snaps out of the shotgun. Manning and Schaub take over 50% of their snaps from the shotgun.

Funny thing about that is most NFL quarterbacks are taking more and more snaps out of the shotgun. Manning and Schaub take over 50% of their snaps from the shotgun.

That's 50 % from under center also. Cam took 90% + of his snaps at Blinn and Auburn in the Pistol or the Shotgun. I heard today that the NFLPA is telling the top 15 prospects to stay away from New York during the draft. It looks like this was a bad year to come out early for the draft.

Dan Marino had allegations of drug use also, Warren Sapp failed his drug test, I do not know of to many college athletes or sports reporters if they were pressed about drug use could honestly say no I did not and that is not an excuse for drug use but a reflection of the morals of our society. So that is why when a player like McCoy, Tebow, etc etc comes along they are such polerizing charachters.