Waskom @ Hughes Springs Sept 11th

Wild74

Waskom @ Hughes Springs  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom has beaten Hughes Springs 2 years in a roll, will it be three?

I also was not the one disputing the extra point. It was a scarcastic remark back to 88 because of him bringing it up. Learn to read. But if you have that rule book with all pictures maybe I'll use it to teach my 8 year old some football.

Another serious question. Did you see the extra point? What did the ball seem to do from your vantage point? I'm wondering now. Complete optical illusion from our view?

The call is a valid call for simulating a snap count. The defense can not simulate a snap count by yelling out calls and jump at the offense while doing so, however the yardage mark off should have only been 5 yards for delay of game. This did not have an effect on the outcome of the game as Ringside said. As far as the refs being homers, they are not from that area. Only 55 yards penalties against Wascom and 30 against HS. If you think that is lopsided or something your crazy and if you think both teams should have the same amount of penalties to make what you think is fair, your also crazy about that too.

And until about 10 minutes left it was about 9-1 on penalties. The hankies didn't come out against HS till the game was basically over.

Another serious question. Did you see the extra point? What did the ball seem to do from your vantage point? I'm wondering now. Complete optical illusion from our view?

Dude honesty I was looking down when it happened. I was sitting next to my dad and he laughed and said it was the ugliest extra point he had ever seen.

The "ground" isn't ten feet in the air. The first "ground" it hit was about the 2yd line. But its a moot point now. I know where it hit. I didn't actually think anyone would argue that point. I just thought maybe there was a rule stating if in the refs opinion it hit "inside" the goal post and bounced "out".... That it could be worth 1point. Doesn't matter and really didn't then. :)

I was thinking of pushing for: if you miss it, thats 1 point, if you "doink" it, thats 2 points, and if it's right down the middle, its 3 points, but left or right of center, you don't get nuttin, even though it's between the uprights. New rule starting next season.

I don't see the ball. Left rear wheel is on the other side facing the road, nobody can see it from stands. Ref on right of goal is sneezing or yawning. Bout all I can tell.

It would be hard to see it on the left side. You don't miss anything do you? Look right above the crossbar and below the right rear wheel.

I was thinking of pushing for: if you miss it, thats 1 point, if you "doink" it, thats 2 points, and if it's right down the middle, its 3 points, but left or right of center, you don't get nuttin, even though it's between the uprights. New rule starting next season.

Sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind if they took the goal post down completely. If you like to kick it, play soccer! ;)

The extra point is a mute point, from my angle it didn't appear good, I'm confused now because of the bottom picture. The crossbar is even with back end zone line and appears ball is behind it, I do know when it bounced though that it bounced back toward field of play... I'm questioning my eyes now.

The "ground" isn't ten feet in the air. The first "ground" it hit was about the 2yd line. But its a moot point now. I know where it hit. I didn't actually think anyone would argue that point. I just thought maybe there was a rule stating if in the refs opinion it hit "inside" the goal post and bounced "out".... That it could be worth 1point. Doesn't matter and really didn't then. :)

So it hit at the two, then bounced up and doinked off the upright? Thinkin they're addin a little too much carbonation to the kookie-colas on the home side!! ;)

I see it now. I stand corrected Sirs.

Ohhhhhhhhh no, you started this!! ;)

The extra point is a mute point, from my angle it didn't appear good, I'm confused now because of the bottom picture. The crossbar is even with back end zone line and appears ball is behind it, I do know when it bounced though that it bounced back toward field of play... I'm questioning my eyes now.

I liked the idea of horns using the w logo at first but it's starting to confuse me. Guess I got a bad habit of just looking at the avatar and reading the content and not the name

It did take a crazy bounce. I think it ended up back at the snapper.

I liked the idea of horns using the w logo at first but it's starting to confuse me. Guess I got a bad habit of just looking at the avatar and reading the content and not the name

Already have an alarm set for midnight Friday morning so I can wake up and change it

So it hit at the two, then bounced up and doinked off the upright? Thinkin they're addin a little too much carbonation to the kookie-colas on the home side!! ;)

Ohhhhhhhhh no, you started this!! ;)

It's all in the badder. Corndogs. You wouldn't understand. Hit the upright and bounce out to the 2. That's how it looked to me. But I stand corrected. Your #1 cheerleader LSUTIGERS has humbled me with photographically enhanced memory recreation. I still don't remember it that way, but it must be so. :)
  • Like 1

It's all in the badder. Corndogs. You wouldn't understand. Hit the upright and bounce out to the 2. That's how it looked to me. But I stand corrected. Your #1 cheerleader LSUTIGERS has humbled me with photographically enhanced memory recreation. I still don't remember it that way, but it must be so. :)

Rah! Rah!

Same thing happened to me when I swore to my wife that I didn't need to walk for excersise. I told her I hadn't gained more than 2 pounds since our wedding day. She starts in with the pics " look right at your right and left rear quarter panels, see that sticking out past your tires"?.....:(

I know we all make mistakes but I do expect the refs to know the rules. The Cats call at worst is a 5 yd penalty. The QB sack fumble scoop and score is as clear as can be yet not only did he blow it dead he gave HS the ball. But great teams overcome adversity and keep fighting. And The Best thing though is that two great teams played a tough awesome game and no one was injured. Fast Hard Physical #22.

• Like 1