RD2 Big Sandy vs Centerville

ScoutingReport

1 hour ago, yourteamstinks said:

Well if ya will go back and look, i actually picked BS to win this game . It is true they hadn’t played the schedule that Centerville had but i thought their balanced offense would give them problems which it did .  This is also 100% about matchups . I believe we would have faired better with Groveton, Big Sandy or Lovelady better than Centerville just based off of matchups .  But that’s the card we were drawn and for the most part, every Joaquin person i have seen has made zero excuses about it . We got beat, simple as that

As for injuries, we weren’t near healthy against SA.  When you don’t have the best player on your team on both sides of the ball, it does make a difference . We also were missing two more starters.. would it have made a difference? I doubt it. IMO, SA was the best team we played this year by a lot.

As for the we are only 4th or 5th in the region comment. Heck i will take that . I wouldn’t have given us that high based on the way we came to play in round 1 the last two seasons .  

We had a great season, and we are proud of our kids . Anything outside of that by someone not even from the town is foolish . 

I️ don’t think he was talking about you. Pretty sure he was referring to me. And as for me picking Centerville to beat BS, it appears I️ was right. So, troll on, Lloyd. I️ saw some empty spots under flat fork creek bridge between Tenaha and Timpson. Better get yours staked out so you can jump on that beat bandwagon. 

13 hours ago, jett2010 said:

4th and 1 inside the 10, 3 timeouts left and you call a timeout with 8.8 seconds to try a field goal that has been blocked all night on 2 pt trys, instead of getting the  first down and trying to score idk what to say, me and a few friends headed over to watch this one since it was close to home..... Good luck next week Centerville

They threw the game huh? Since every coach wants to throw a game when the games is what puts food on the table for their families? I was at the game to maybe you should try coaching since you know so much about it. It’s fourth and 1 you get stopped ball game is over. You can say all day they would of gotten it and maybe they had but if they don’t it’s OVER kicking a field goal gives you a shot to at least win it. You don’t give up 3 75 yard gash tds and not even in that situation it wasn’t just that one field goal or the defense or the offense. The TEAM got beat. Those coaches put in hours and hours and hours way more than you do by getting on smoaky and take time out of your day to bash them. If you can do better by all means go get your degree and coach to a state championship. I don’t know any coach that puts up that many hours like coaches do to throw a game! That’s dumbest comment I’ve ever heard in my life KEYBOARD warrior 

6 minutes ago, DAhomer said:

yet they are 3 rounds deep what does that say about the Region itself......

Last year normangee went 3 deep in your region and got murdered by groveton which was beat out first round in our region. Yes at the top y’all have got the best of us but y’all have some weak teams as well 

1 minute ago, Lion1996 said:

Last year normangee went 3 deep in your region and got murdered by groveton which was beat out first round in our region. Yes at the top y’all have got the best of us but y’all have some weak teams as well 

More than some weak teams.  As it is now IMO the best Region 3 teams are average at best.  In division 1.  Now with Tenny moving up, and maybe the emergence of SA the power may shift back to region 3. 

I also can’t help but agree with DEFPOTEC. True blue get some in here talking bout Joaquin is powerhouse and then centerville beats them and all of a sudden centerville greatest thing on turf. If I recall he said big sandy was going get curb stomped backsically which in reality big sandy gave em a game unlike Joaquin whose only touchdown came on a punt return! Don’t get on here bashing people just cause your mighty team got beat in first round and then start bashing another team how they going get dominated

3 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Held yall to less yardage than SA did. Oh and yall had all your players. Ran it 30 times for 175.  

Some teams get better as the season goes along.  Some teams struggle with the same mistakes that kill drives in week 11 that were having in week one.

While Joaquin has been trying to figure out how not to CHOKE games away for the last 8 years Tenaha has been playing 4 rounds deep.  

I get that . I just don’t think the run to a title in D2 is the equivalent of going through Refugio/Mason/Mart in D1.  And i guess we will find out next year for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I️ don’t think he was talking about you. Pretty sure he was referring to me. And as for me picking Centerville to beat BS, it appears I️ was right. So, troll on, Lloyd. I️ saw some empty spots under flat fork creek bridge between Tenaha and Timpson. Better get yours staked out so you can jump on that beat bandwagon. 

Typical hillbilly response!   Centerville IS the defending Regional Champs and was favored to win in the Harris Poll.....so its not like you went out on a limb there with your pick Einstein!

1 hour ago, theprodigy7777 said:

They threw the game huh? Since every coach wants to throw a game when the games is what puts food on the table for their families? I was at the game to maybe you should try coaching since you know so much about it. It’s fourth and 1 you get stopped ball game is over. You can say all day they would of gotten it and maybe they had but if they don’t it’s OVER kicking a field goal gives you a shot to at least win it. You don’t give up 3 75 yard gash tds and not even in that situation it wasn’t just that one field goal or the defense or the offense. The TEAM got beat. Those coaches put in hours and hours and hours way more than you do by getting on smoaky and take time out of your day to bash them. If you can do better by all means go get your degree and coach to a state championship. I don’t know any coach that puts up that many hours like coaches do to throw a game! That’s dumbest comment I’ve ever heard in my life KEYBOARD warrior 

Chill out didnt mean they threw the game on purpose, I meant they could've approached the last minute a whole different way, I went to the game because I wanted something close to home I sat with a few friends from BS and they were in shock with the last minute play call, I mean why kick a field goal when your PAT's  have been blocked back to back? Why put that young man on the line like that? I could care less who won I had no dog in the race.... If you get stopped on 4th and 1 hats off to them but I doubt they would have stuffed them but like you stated im not a coach im a keyboard warrior in your eyes which I really dont care what you think.... Sorry if my post offended you cause it obviously did.... Have a good day

1 hour ago, theprodigy7777 said:

I also can’t help but agree with DEFPOTEC. True blue get some in here talking bout Joaquin is powerhouse and then centerville beats them and all of a sudden centerville greatest thing on turf. If I recall he said big sandy was going get curb stomped backsically which in reality big sandy gave em a game unlike Joaquin whose only touchdown came on a punt return! Don’t get on here bashing people just cause your mighty team got beat in first round and then start bashing another team how they going get dominated

Show me where I’ve called Joaquin a powerhouse? Or where I️ said anyone was going to be dominant inRegion3 D1? All I’ve said is I’m picking Centerville to play for the regional title again. I’m sticking by that. If I’m wrong, I’ll eat crow. 

1 hour ago, SAWolfman said:

I like SA's defense alot better than Big Sandy's...we will eliminate those big runs that CV had make them have to drive the field!  

From what I heard Fred gave y’all fits and cv has a kid that’s just as big if not bigger and to me runs harder. Cv only had two long runs. The rest were long drives. That being said I don’t think can stop y’all. 

3 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

From what I heard Fred gave y’all fits and cv has a kid that’s just as big if not bigger and to me runs harder. Cv only had two long runs. The rest were long drives. That being said I don’t think can stop y’all. 

He did.  But, we were short on the d line!