Rivercrest (12-0) vs. Centerville (9-3)

15 minutes ago, jett2010 said:

#99 plays all aspects of the game, against BS I seen him do kickoffs, punts, run the ball and play defense.... Took a gang load of tackles to get him down.... I think he may he even blocked a FG not for sure but good luck both squads

He blocked one of the pat. 

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Man I don't know, balanced offense can beat cville, but you better have a fast hard hitting defense, cause cville back are small trucks and they hustle. This could be a dynamite game.. Could be last team with the ball wins.. Stay healthy cause it's gonna get brutal the further you go. 

I hear you for sure.. . I am torn for three reasons.

1. I don't think RC can stop Centerville's run game.  It isn't very often that a team actually beats Joe at their own game of pounding the ball down their throat but they did it. The combination of their size, speed, and tenacity is hard hard to stop for four quarters.  I know for a fact that RC hasn't seen a team with the physicality Centerville will play with.  I also think BS defense is better.

2. I would give the overall offense edge to RC over Big Sandy. They impressed me Saturday. I don't think their run game is as good as Big Sandy but their passing game is better.  They can cause some problems with this against Centerville. Centerville has seen a few passing teams this year and seemed to get better as the season went on.  Another thing is can their O-line hold up to Centervilles defensive line for 4 quarters.

3. Fatigue & Experience... Centerville has some seasoned kids that have been there and done this, and will handle adversity well.  However, I was very impressed with how RC handled being down on their go ahead drive Saturday. The biggest factor IMO is fatigue.  RC looked worn out at the end of the game with Lovelady. I know we have beat this horse dead, but they have played a relatively weak schedule and their kids haven't played much late in games.  Centerville is big, fast, and physical and is going to take their toll on conditioning deep into the game.  If RC can jump out in front early and get Centerville chasing, I like their chances. They do not want to get into a close game deep into the game with Centerville though...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

1. I don't think RC can stop Centerville's run game.  It isn't very often that a team actually beats Joe at their own game of pounding the ball down their throat but they did it. The combination of their size, speed, and tenacity is hard hard to stop for four quarters.  I know for a fact that Centerville hasn't seen a team with the physicality Centerville will play with.  I also think BS defense is better.

2. I would give the overall offense edge to RC over Big Sandy. They impressed me Saturday. I don't think their run game is as good as Big Sandy but their passing game is better.  They can cause some problems with this against Centerville. Centerville has seen a few passing teams this year and seemed to get better as the season went on.  Another thing is can their O-line hold up to Centervilles defensive line for 4 quarters.

3. Fatigue & Experience... Centerville has some seasoned kids that have been there and done this, and will handle adversity well.  However, I was very impressed with how RC handled being down on their go ahead drive Saturday. The biggest factor IMO is fatigue.  RC looked worn out at the end of the game with Lovelady. I know we have beat this horse dead, but they have played a relatively weak schedule and their kids haven't played much late in games.  Centerville is big, fast, and physical and is going to take their toll on conditioning deep into the game.  If RC can jump out in front early and get Centerville chasing, I like their chances. They do not want to get into a close game deep into the game with Centerville though...

I think you are dead on 

Can cville shut their passing game down? Haven't seen them live so I don't know. If cville forces RC one dimensional it's over, they are  that good. Bs had cville on the ropes Friday night, mixing it up some but just didn't drive the stake all the way in.. Not gonna say RC can't win, but if the do they will seriously impress the hell out of a bunch of people.. That is one serious scalp to collect in the playoffs.. Js 

On 11/27/2017 at 3:37 PM, yourteamstinks said:

1. I don't think RC can stop Centerville's run game.  It isn't very often that a team actually beats Joe at their own game of pounding the ball down their throat but they did it. The combination of their size, speed, and tenacity is hard hard to stop for four quarters.  I know for a fact that RC hasn't seen a team with the physicality Centerville will play with.  I also think BS defense is better.

10 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Can cville shut their passing game down? Haven't seen them live so I don't know. If cville forces RC one dimensional it's over, they are  that good. Bs had cville on the ropes Friday night, mixing it up some but just didn't drive the stake all the way in.. Not gonna say RC can't win, but if the do they will seriously impress the hell out of a bunch of people.. That is one serious scalp to collect in the playoffs.. Js 

I'm not going to say RC would beat BS, that's for the teams to decide, but RC passing game is on another level than BS. But like BS, I think the spread is the way to neutralize there size

13 minutes ago, 1Rebelblue said:

I like what you said, but, and here is my thought. I understand the size, I've watched film, but CV can't throw the ball AT ALL. RV has two huge athletic DT, and speed everywhere else on defense. That will allow 10 players to play the run. And I believe that RC can pass at will on them. Might be a game with a team having 400 on the ground and a team having 400 in the air. As far as fatigue, LL was in the spread all game, there's a lot of running to fill space from the defense. I'm just happy we get to see where our program compares this year. It's been a fun ride. Hope both teams come out injury free.

First off, I am going to start off by saying Kudos to your kids and programs. I gave you guys a really hard time last week (all in good fun) but found myself sitting on the RC side at the game Saturday and rooting you on.  Ya'll have a solid football team and should be proud of the progress your program has made!

CV can throw the ball just enough to keep you off balance. They won't take shots down the field but they will sneak #99 out of the backfield and do things to at least keep it on your mind.  Ya'll do have some size on the defensive line but I will promise you that you have not faced a line like theirs, and their coach will do a great job of strategizing to eliminate the impact of your defensive players. For instance, go watch #56 (crazy ridiculously crazy strong, and has wreaked havoc all year) for Joaquin face their line.  I felt that we played very good defense against them in our game. We have good size on the defensive line, and have a lot of speed . I think if you guys can hold them to 20 points, you will win for sure. 

I think you will be able to pass on them as well, and will score some points, but this is a heck of a defense you will be facing. They will have some weak spots in their secondary, but they have some kids that will pin their ears back and come after you. Your line will definitely be tested, and passing at will is a bold statement.

To each their own, but IMO wrapping up and tackling 250 pound backs every play while dealing with big tenacious linemen has its own special level of fatigue. Joaquin won a lot of football games over the years by wearing their opponent down through a power run game. 

I do think you guys have a shot at this game! I think its going to be a close tough game, and as always luck becomes a factor.    Winner will draw an SA/Carlisle squad.. definitely doesn't get any better from here..

On 11/27/2017 at 4:55 PM, yourteamstinks said:

First off, I am going to start off by saying Kudos to your kids and programs. I gave you guys a really hard time last week (all in good fun) but found myself sitting on the RC side at the game Saturday and rooting you on.  Ya'll have a solid football team and should be proud of the progress your program has made!

CV can throw the ball just enough to keep you off balance. They won't take shots down the field but they will sneak #99 out of the backfield and do things to at least keep it on your mind.  Ya'll do have some size on the defensive line but I will promise you that you have not faced a line like theirs, and their coach will do a great job of strategizing to eliminate the impact of your defensive players. For instance, go watch #56 (crazy ridiculously crazy strong, and has wreaked havoc all year) for Joaquin face their line.  I felt that we played very good defense against them in our game. We have good size on the defensive line, and have a lot of speed . I think if you guys can hold them to 20 points, you will win for sure. 

I think you will be able to pass on them as well, and will score some points, but this is a heck of a defense you will be facing. They will have some weak spots in their secondary, but they have some kids that will pin their ears back and come after you. Your line will definitely be tested, and passing at will is a bold statement.

To each their own, but IMO wrapping up and tackling 250 pound backs every play while dealing with big tenacious linemen has its own special level of fatigue. Joaquin won a lot of football games over the years by wearing their opponent down through a power run game. 

I do think you guys have a shot at this game! I think its going to be a close tough game, and as always luck becomes a factor.    Winner will draw an SA/Carlisle squad.. definitely doesn't get any better from here..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1Rebelblue said:

I'm not going to say RC would beat BS, that's for the teams to decide, but RC passing game is on another level than BS. But like BS, I think the spread is the way to neutralize there size

I will say when rc has time in the pocket the qb threw some very nice throws. But when we got pressure on him he threw everything way short. Cv is going to bring tons of pressure when you pass he won’t have much time to throw. I know bs didn’t. 

On 11/27/2017 at 5:06 PM, Lion1996 said:

I will say when rc has time in the pocket the qb threw some very nice throws. But when we got pressure on him he threw everything way short. Cv is going to bring tons of pressure when you pass he won’t have much time to throw. I know bs didn’t. 

I think this is going to be a good game I may have to go watch this one. If you can get cv in passing downs you’ll be ok but against bs they did converted a long third on the ground. Where you get into trouble with cv is when they cross the 50 it’s almost impossible to stop them when they get 4 downs. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 5:24 PM, Lion1996 said:

I think this is going to be a good game I may have to go watch this one. If you can get cv in passing downs you’ll be ok but against bs they did converted a long third on the ground. Where you get into trouble with cv is when they cross the 50 it’s almost impossible to stop them when they get 4 downs. 

1 hour ago, 1Rebelblue said:

You may well be rite, keep in mind when you watch them this week, Chain said them hogs quick.. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see them. To be that large they move with dexterity and it's fun to watch them, even when it's your team that's playing them.. Wish y'all all the luck.. 

On 11/27/2017 at 5:51 PM, upullinmychain said:

You may well be rite, keep in mind when you watch them this week, Chain said them hogs quick.. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see them. To be that large they move with dexterity and it's fun to watch them, even when it's your team that's playing them.. Wish y'all all the luck..