District 9-3A (D-II)

41 minutes ago, PatsFan said:

Not much of a smack talker here, I tend to spend my time in reality and right now it's not good in SE Lamar County.  Not sure why Bells & Blue Ridge people don't jump on here because they've got something to be happy about and then there's Chisum - besides the Cooper game, they've taken care of everyone in district. 

Yes I agree but if Chisum is the 2nd best team in this district which it appears to be shows how down this district is. But even so you go to other threads and teams that are bad like Arp(JJ) are still talking trash makes the thread fun.

18 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Yes I agree but if Chisum is the 2nd best team in this district which it appears to be shows how down this district is. But even so you go to other threads and teams that are bad like Arp(JJ) are still talking trash makes the thread fun.

lolol y'all don't let that little old 4 win 4th place team pounce on yall in the first round bahahahaha....Y'all need to be Winona's biggest fan right now for real....

31 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Very true, I guess it's a matter of the play on the field not backing up the words that are spoken.  I'll be the first to tell you that seeing the district being down, I felt like we had a shot at the playoffs with a 2 or 3 seed and no Mineola waiting for us in the playoffs like back to back years 3 or 4 years ago.  But the product on the field makes it hard for the die-hardest of fans to run their mouth. 

22 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

lolol y'all don't let that little old 4 win 4th place team pounce on yall in the first round bahahahaha....Y'all need to be Winona's biggest fan right now for real....

Yall ain't making it this year, your wrong as you always are....winona 4th place team playing cooper 1st round... arp=🏀

4 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Well there is a possibility of that happening in any game on any day. You guys may have the speed advantage on us but we will force you to play sound discipline football and from what I've heard is something neither really good at right now.

30 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Well there is a possibility of that happening in any game on any day. You guys may have the speed advantage on us but we will force you to play sound discipline football and from what I've heard is something neither really good at right now.

Oh no...don't mistake being young for not playing disciplined football...One thing we are is coached extremely well. Arp used this year as a true rebuilding year. Our sophomores and a few freshman have come an extremely long ways and we as a whole are all proud of them. We don't have many sr's and that shows. But, training time is over and now Arp will have to play it's hand. If we fall short this week then it's not all lost for us because we know what we have done will pay big in the future. But, Now we are playing for our sr's. The rest of the season is about them. They will get every chance they need to be successful. That's one thing I love about coach dale Irwin's program. if your a sr...you've put in the time and stuck it out all the way till your sr year...then he's going to do or die with you...He has their back till the very end and will do all he can to give those sr's a year to remember for the rest of their lives....They will walk away feeling like winners!!!!!! That's Arp Tigers Pride Football. That's what we are all about. Making good men better!

39 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I look forward to whoever we get and the trash talking its a lot of fun that's why I have to go to the other threads. I use be able to pick and mess with the Lone Oak guys and get them worked up when they were good 🤣.

I remember the last time we played Lone Oak....I'll never forget it. They pulled some attitude stuff right in front of Dale...Next POS we got the ball on our 4 after a goal line stand.....Coach simply said..lets gas em .....We went 4 yards and a cloud of dust diving the ball all the way down the field on a 7 min 15 play scoring drive and sucked the life out of them....After that drive....Ball game over...they had zero gas left in them. Arp went on to win by 4 TD's after that. That same year we had 6 losses coming into the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

I remember the last time we played Lone Oak....I'll never forget it. They pulled some attitude stuff right in front of Dale...Next POS we got the ball on our 4 after a goal line stand.....Coach simply said..lets gas em .....We went 4 yards and a cloud of dust diving the ball all the way down the field on a 7 min 15 play scoring drive and sucked the life out of them....After that drive....Ball game over...they had zero gas left in them. Arp went on to win by 4 TD's after that. That same year we had 6 losses coming into the playoffs.

I remember that game I went to see it at Van I believe if memory serves me right. We were in that district but missed the playoffs wanted to go see our last district brother in action.  I remember that stand at the goal line I kept asking myself why are they not going under center to try and qb sneak it. But they did have Arp on the ropes IF they would have punched it in. Guess that's why you play 4 quarters.

48 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Oh no...don't mistake being young for not playing disciplined football...One thing we are is coached extremely well. Arp used this year as a true rebuilding year. Our sophomores and a few freshman have come an extremely long ways and we as a whole are all proud of them. We don't have many sr's and that shows. But, training time is over and now Arp will have to play it's hand. If we fall short this week then it's not all lost for us because we know what we have done will pay big in the future. But, Now we are playing for our sr's. The rest of the season is about them. They will get every chance they need to be successful. That's one thing I love about coach dale Irwin's program. if your a sr...you've put in the time and stuck it out all the way till your sr year...then he's going to do or die with you...He has their back till the very end and will do all he can to give those sr's a year to remember for the rest of their lives....They will walk away feeling like winners!!!!!! That's Arp Tigers Pride Football. That's what we are all about. Making good men better!

JJ, your are lucky to have a coach like that. Not many left that cares what the kids have sacrificed for the team. Most on a down year will move on to what will make themselves look great.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

JJ, your are lucky to have a coach like that. Not many left that cares what the kids have sacrificed for the team. Most on a down year will move on to what will make themselves look great.

Thanks man, Coach Irwin is a part of our community. We look at him as one of us. He has done so much for so many throughout the years his family has blessed us with being there that I can't honestly say enough about him. He helped me get into coaching. When I first started he would check on me regularly, teach me over the phone or would simply call to see how my family is. I dread the day he finally hangs up that whistle...but if you ask me he's going to coach till he can't walk. Hopefully at Arp. Yes like all communities we have had some ups and downs and there has been those who wasn't really onboard with how he does things. But overall that usually blows over and he always manages to get our boys their lifetime of memories. I hope we can finally get him a championship soon, He deserves it imo, with this very young talented sophomore and freshman group coming up. Simply put Dale is a man among men and we are honored to have him.

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

I remember that game I went to see it at Van I believe if memory serves me right. We were in that district but missed the playoffs wanted to go see our last district brother in action.  I remember that stand at the goal line I kept asking myself why are they not going under center to try and qb sneak it. But they did have Arp on the ropes IF they would have punched it in. Guess that's why you play 4 quarters.

Yeah Arp had future Pro Baylor DT Tyrone Hunt that year with SMU WR Marcalas Johnson, SMU transfer RB Kasey Medlock, CFL RB Mike Potts and Cisco JUCO QB Tyler Stewart. That year's defense was tough.

1 hour ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Don’t think it matters whether its whine-ona or arp, Cooper slaps em around pretty good.

Yall will slap arp around like everyone else has this year. They lack everything under the sun this year....

On the other hand winona has speed and will try to beat you with it the whole game, and the past few years they have showed up to play being the 4th place team... 2 years ago against DF, and last year loosing that game with a INT on the game winning drive against ND....  no matter what this dude from arp says on here it will be winona vs cooper round 1, with winona advancing 

• Like 1